Taste of The Point and Food Upgrades

operative_me said:

Well I'll be in the minority on this...
Tony Packos sucks. If you want a Toledo type hot dog experience I'd roll with Netty's Chili Dogs. I mean Tony Packos probably sells more jars of their pickles than anything else.

Not the minority. I wouldn't say an overwhelmingly sizable Toledo audience would pick Packos as the best chili dog in the city. Netty's and Rudy's are the local favorites.

Everyone knows the real reason to appreciate Tony Packo’s has nothing to do with the quality of their dogs, and everything to do with the ability of the casings to be turned into a dialysis machine.

That’s the only reason I went there. Well not because of dialysis but because of their repeated references on MASH.

Same here. The dogs we’re alright, and I may give them a try again one day, but I went in because of Klinger’s recommendations.

Rugrats2001 said:

WolfBobs said:
If Pink's is leaving I kinda wish it would've been replaced with a Tony Packo's. Sigh..

Not a fan of the hand breaded chicken tenders, but loving the refresh of both of these restaurants. It also appears from the concept art to be adding more much needed indoor air conditioned seating. Hopefully that's the case and I'm just not being bamboozled by the concept art. Of course reading the description it just says indoor service lines, so probably not...

First, I can’t imagine the quality of “hand breaded tenders” lovingly prepared by ride-prides during Halloweekends, and second, I’m pretty sure they are adding zero indoor seating at the food venues, just converting to “back-beat-que” style indoor que lines.

I hear that one. As a Kroger Sous Chef, I make tenders every day. CP has terrible tenders, Godawful!

^And yet, people line up to buy them. Kids have simple taste, and chicken tenders are a crowd pleaser, no matter how bad the quality. With enough bbq sauce or ketchup, you can mask them well.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^That is a fact, look how crazy any Raising Cane's is.

Speaking of franchises, I wouldn't mind Chic-fil-a being replaced by a Raising Cane's! lol

And I wouldn't mind them replacing at least one other restaurant in the park with another Chic-Fil-A to take pressure of the one in the park, or at least install a Fast Lane for it.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'll take Cane's over CFA anyday. I'll eat at CFA but if I had an option, I'll go to Cane's. The Cane's in my area is 2 doors down from CFA.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Canes is amazing. Canes is WAY better than Chick-Fil-A

And there goes any perceived success of Popeyes chicken sandwich vs CFA...

I don't get the big deal about Chick-Fil-A. It's packed at all hours of the day. I don't think there's anything special about it.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service