What they’re working on for 2020

Because all of the toll lanes funnel down to two lanes after the booths.

But those 2 lanes can handle more than what the 2 toll booths can handle.

Sure hope they fit a roundabound in somehow. This looks more fun than even a coaster.

Cargo Shorts- I think you mean ROUNDABOUND...

ROUNDABOUND.

Hey look kids...there's Windseeker. And there's Gatekeeper.

Promoter of fog.

There is crossing traffic from the causeway and the chaussee just after the toll booths, one of which has to be stopped to allow the other traffic through, thus causing a sooper dooper looper back up like we had during Halloweekends.

I think one way they could eliminate the cross traffic is to have signage before the tollbooths to direct those heading to CPS and Breakers into the leftmost lanes and let them turn left and all other traffic is routed straight, if you were intending to go to CPS, Breakers, Marina, etc. you can go all the way up to the front of the parking lot and turn left. And maybe traffic off the chausee could be forced to turn right immediately and be routed up along the edge of the parking lot and then they could take the path up at the very front if they need to go to marina, waterpark or resorts or even better yet make the chausee exit only.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Perhaps, but that cross roadway that cuts across the handicap parking area can get super congested with people picking up & dropping off, or asking questions to the attendant.

I wonder if they could do something like THIS, where they re-routed the chaussee road such that they eliminated the single side toll, and integrated it into the main row of toll booths. That way they would still have a dedicated toll for the chaussee traffic, but everyone would merge at the same point as they exit the main row of tolls. Also, by doing so, they could free up some space (orange area) to provide new overflow parking that is removed as the toll booths are moved more north.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Dvo, that is exactly what I was describing on Monday, but obviously didn’t explain it well.

Hey man, stop trying to steal my idea. ;) Kidding... you're absolutely right now that I read through it again, haha. I'm not sure why that didn't register for me, but clearly great minds think alike... 0:)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Cargo and Dvo, I think you are on to something. In Dvo's sattelite picture, every one of those trees have been removed all the way to that south shoreline. The lone "tree" remaining is the pole with fake evergreen branches on it. Your blue line could join the south shore even further towards the Chausee, across from the house with the fake palm tree. They then could remove that ranch fence & curb to open up the new area more strategically. I like your "dead mans curve" concept approaching the booths,

I saw in a Facebook group where someone was up near the park today and they are building a new tollbooth. It looks like it will look like the one at Kings Island. At this time just the metal frame is up. WCO attendees next week will be able to see it. If you belong to a group called CP Regulars group, you can see a photo.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Here's the photo (via "Lisa" of the CP Regulars Group):

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Dvo said:

I wonder if they could do something like THIS..

But traffic from the Chausee that needs to park at Cedar Point isn't the problem as they turn right into the parking lot immediately after the Chausee toll booth but before the main flow of traffic into the parking lot. The cross traffic that stops the main flow in isn't park goers but rather resorts, marina, CPS, and Chausee residents using the Causeway as an exit. Unless they were to build a flyover or close down all inbound traffic from the Chausee, that traffic isn't going to stop happening at that intersection.

Last edited by 99er,

If all resort, marina and waterpark guests are forced to use the leftmost lanes when entering the park, and that should be communicated well with signage before entering the tollbooths, that will eliminate the cross traffic right there as only the left lanes will be turning (or going straight through to Perimeter Rd. depending on the new configuration), while all other traffic goes straight into the main lot.

Brian

Even with the configuration posted by Dvo, guests would still have to cross a lot of traffic after the tolls to be able to turn left to continue on to resorts, marina, etc. And with the tolls moved further north they would have less time/space to do so before heading into the main lot with the flow of traffic.

I really don't think much of the backups on the Causeway are caused by this cross traffic at the intersection anyway. I spent 11 years coming through those tolls every day of the week for work and almost always the slow down happens when guests need to ask each traffic host 100 questions. Give your money, get a map, go park. Or worse were guests who would make it through the toll and then sit to wait for the other 6 cars in their group to come through so they could all park together. THAT really screws up the flow and it happens often.

Last edited by 99er,

Jake10 said:

TwistedWicker77 said:
In my opinion, I don’t know how much of a redo for the tollbooths will effect the traffic flow. All traffic will still bottleneck down to 2 lanes at the end of the causeway.

How do you figure it would go down to only 2 lanes if all of the booths are open & staffed for the day?

Because when you exit the parking lot, drive over the causeway, and get to the “main land” I guess you can call it, there are only 2 lanes traveling southbound. And when you get to the Cedar Point Drive and Cleveland Rd. intersection, the lanes allow you to either go left or right. No matter how many lanes you open on the causeway, there will still be a bottleneck that will cause traffic to back up.

I thought you were talking about northbound not southbound. Because after the tolls, no matter how many you have open, traffic funnels down to two lanes flowing into the parking lot.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service