Housing Bathroom Question

Hi! I just got hired at Cedar Point in Guest Relations and so excited! And now i must prepare my housing arrangements. Is the bathroom situation private as in It's just one bathroom you share with your room mates or is it communal locker room style? What housing should i be looking at if i want a privately shared bathroom situation?

Last edited by Corporate Mouse,

In the dorms, it is all communal. Obviously the bathroom stalls all have doors on them, and the showers are separately partitioned off (not out in the open like a lot of locker rooms I’ve been in).

In the commons apartments, you would be sharing a room with 1 other person, but sharing the apartment with (If I recall correctly) 6 or 8 other people. With the apartments, there are 2 bathrooms that have showers which is more private. But obviously you’d have to get used to sharing that bathroom with everybody else.

In the bayside apartments, it’s a similar situation with the commons apartments.

No matter where you choose to live within employee housing, you will be sharing a bathroom. And to be honest, if you have an issue with your rooming situation after staying there, let housing know and they can work with you to find a room/apartment with people that you’d be more likely to get along with. Or after working for so long, if you have co workers you created a bond with, see if they have an open bed in their dorm or apartment to make you feel more comfortable.

TwistedWicker77 said:

In the dorms, it is all communal. Obviously the bathroom stalls all have doors on them, and the showers are separately partitioned off (not out in the open like a lot of locker rooms I’ve been in).

In the commons apartments, you would be sharing a room with 1 other person, but sharing the apartment with (If I recall correctly) 6 or 8 other people. With the apartments, there are 2 bathrooms that have showers which is more private. But obviously you’d have to get used to sharing that bathroom with everybody else.

In the bayside apartments, it’s a similar situation with the commons apartments.

No matter where you choose to live within employee housing, you will be sharing a bathroom. And to be honest, if you have an issue with your rooming situation after staying there, let housing know and they can work with you to find a room/apartment with people that you’d be more likely to get along with. Or after working for so long, if you have co workers you created a bond with, see if they have an open bed in their dorm or apartment to make you feel more comfortable.

Thank you so much! I have no problem with sharing a bathroom with anyone, It's just that communal style showers are a bit too invasive for me.

I heard Bayside apartments fill up quickly, I just submitted my housing application with preference for Bayside apartments today, and process in on April 27th, do you think i have a shot at getting this housing?

Absolutely I do. Just continue expressing your interesting in your housing preference. You also process in very early which is nice too. It’s almost a first come first serve type thing.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Absolutely I do. Just continue expressing your interesting in your housing preference. You also process in very early which is nice too. It’s almost a first come first serve type thing.

Just another question, I applied for Resort Operations Front Desk/Bellhop and was what I discussed during my interview, however when i went to sign my Onboarding job contract the role was Guest Service Agent, Is that just the broader department I'm in?

Also I heard if you work at one of the hotels there is a possibility of living in one of hotel rooms reserved for hotel staff, is that correct?

Sorry to get back to you late. Work has been crazy. To be 100% honest, I am not sure. However, when I was hired for ride operations, my on boarding job used to say Park Operations. Which, ride operations is a department under park operations (I hope that makes sense). So I would assume that’s what it is in your case, but I don’t want to be wrong. Do you have another interview with your hiring manager prior to processing in?

I know before that hotel workers had an option of being able to stay in one of the hotel rooms, but I truly think that was an eliminated option once Hotel Breakers was fully remodeled in 2015. I think they need as many rooms as they can get for this upcoming season.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Sorry to get back to you late. Work has been crazy. To be 100% honest, I am not sure. However, when I was hired for ride operations, my on boarding job used to say Park Operations. Which, ride operations is a department under park operations (I hope that makes sense). So I would assume that’s what it is in your case, but I don’t want to be wrong. Do you have another interview with your hiring manager prior to processing in?

I know before that hotel workers had an option of being able to stay in one of the hotel rooms, but I truly think that was an eliminated option once Hotel Breakers was fully remodeled in 2015. I think they need as many rooms as they can get for this upcoming season.

I don't believe I have any further interviews (That i was informed of). The interview lasted about 15 minutes (I felt it went quite well) and ended with me being offered the position. I received all the emails, Welcome to the Team, onboarding, background check, signed up for the portal, ect.

It's not really a big deal as long as I'm interacting with the guests providing them a good time. I'd just like to be prepared for the job as much as possible.

Absolutely understandable. You will meet some amazing people that you’ll become very good friends with from all over the world. Just from working at CP alone, I have made awesome friends from Czech Republic, Poland, Korea, and Russia. I’ve even went to visit some of them and have had meet ups on the west coast a couple of times. The friends you make alone are the best perk of the job.

It seems like you’re determined to provide the best experience for the guests and that is EXACTLY the type of mentality to have while going into a role where you are one of the many faces of such an amazing amusement park/resort. There are going to be many times where the guests will try your patience (not on purpose, but maybe something else happened that made them mad earlier in the day and now they happen to be taking it out on you). Just remember to treat them how you’d want to be treated whether they walk away without thanking you for your time or not.

If I can give you a tip, whenever a guest comes to you with a problem (whether they seem irate about it or not), listen to them intently, keep your mouth closed until they’re done talking, GENUINELY apologize that their experience hasn’t met their expectations, and ALWAYS tell them “let me see what I can do for you”. Always make it seem like you are there to exhaust all of your options for them! I can’t stress that enough. Even if you haven’t been able to solve the problem 100%, showing that you tried means the world to them. Afterall, the customer is your “boss” in a way. If it’s not for the customer, you wouldn’t have a job.

I’m not sure what type of personality you have, but if you think any of the above is corny, just remember that a physically ugly person with a great attitude will have a more positive impact than a physically attractive person who thinks they’re “too cool” to do their job with the best intentions of helping the guest. Upbeat and positive personalities are very attractive!!!

Hope this helps a little!

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Don't get your hopes up on getting into Bayside. The past two seasons, it has been reserved for interns, area supervisors and security only. Not saying it won't happen as things do change every year, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have a second option ready when you process in.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

samosuband said:
Don't get your hopes up on getting into Bayside. The past two seasons, it has been reserved for interns, area supervisors and security only. Not saying it won't happen as things do change every year, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have a second option ready when you process in.

My second choice will be the other commons apartments in that case.

Update on hiring process: received a call from Cedar point yesterday confirming all information and start date, asked what hotel location i am in and was told Light House point (Also asked if i had a preference and said Hotel Breakers but im not sure if that was noted or if i could change location on processing in, which is fine, just excited to have a job here.). Also got sent info email about First day processing in and housing application was accepted so i can see potential roommates.

Super excited for the job and cant wait to experience all the people, skills i will be learning, and making the best of memories. :D

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service