Rolling Through the Years Book

Has anyone pre-ordered the Cedar Point Rolling Through the years book yet? Just wondering if any else was/is having trouble with the link?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Ordered it the first day it was available and had no problems.

It's outrageously expensive, so no.

According to Ken, the preorder version is a serious upgrade from what the regular version will be. So probably worth it for those with the pockets for it.

What is the asking price?

$133.44

https://1870publishinggroup.com/about-the-book#6b35b7ba-8949-4e4c-8...5d415a085c

It appears that with the limited edition, the only difference is that it has a special cover, and is signed and numbered. I don't need that, so I'm going to wait till March when the regular version comes out on Amazon. I'm hoping it's well under $100, and if it is, I'm a buyer. Ken is awesome. I might stay home next year (even though we have gold passes) and just read the book instead of fighting the insane crowds!

Ken discussed this in a thread over in our Cedar Point History forum.

Both editions are hard cover, the special edition is a different cover designed by the Cedar Point graphics team. Limited to 1000 copies, signed and numbered. Both editions are the same price because the printing costs are the same. The limited edition is free shipping.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Library=free

First ride; Magnum 1994

Skydiver, how did you order the book without any problems? I’ve been trying to to the PayPal guest check-out but it won’t let me for some odd reason.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Honestly, I don't really remember. It was a while ago. Guess I just followed the prompts, and it worked. I'm not very technically adept, so maybe I just got lucky.

Some vendors will not allow you to use the "PayPal Guest" payment method. They want a verified account.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Just purchased my copy through PayPal without any problems. Can’t wait to read it!

Just a quick announcement about Rolling Through The Years: A Cedar Point Atlas & Chronology.

We were forced to make a printer change.

Our original choice was a company that over the last three years kept on raising the costs every time we talked with them. When we got their final quote in August it was high enough that we had to set the retail price at $125.00. We knew it was too high for many people but we had no choice. There were only a few printers in the entire country that could handle the 12 inch by 18 inch size. When they sent us the paperwork for the printing the cost had jumped another 20% and we had to find another printer. So we did that.

The new printer can handle the book size and came in at a very reasonable cost. They have been printing books for decades and the quality is there. The main thing is that we could lower the retail price.

The new retail price is $100. The Limited Edition is still on schedule for Winter Chill pickup or shipping. We are still taking pre-orders on our website and pre-ordered books are free shipping.

Just got mine today. Have only thumbed through it so far, but "thumbed" probably isn't the right word. Massive! The sheer amount of detaied information looks to be incredible. Same applies to the pictures. Well worth the price! I'm glad they weren't available at, WCO, I didn't have to carry it to the car. Thank you for all the hard work, Ken!

Received my copy today, and WOW! This book is awesome! Outstanding job Ken!!!

A must have for any CP Diehard!

kylepark said:

Received my copy today, and WOW! This book is awesome! Outstanding job Ken!!!

A must have for any CP Diehard!

Can you post pictures? I'd like to see what the inside of the book looks like. Thanks!

I received mine yesterday. It is Bigger & Heavy then I expect it to be. I was so Happy to read up the history.

Very impressed with this book. There is more information and pictures than I would have ever imagined. Great job! I will indulge bit by bit. It’s very overwhelming. Thanks again

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

I also received a copy of the book last week. Its larger and more substantial than you'd imagine it would be. It contains a very large amount of information.

If you're on the fence, pick up a copy, you won't be disappointed.

Received ours today as well. Like others have said it is a "must have" for anyone who loves Cedar Point.

Something stood out to us on page 308. Did Avalanche Run ever operate with a single-file seating bobsled? The picture on that page suggests that it did. I wouldn't think that would be possible if the lift was configured to run with the two-across seating bobsleds we always knew. From what I understand they wanted the larger bobsleds to increase capacity from the earlier models.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service