Taste of The Point and Food Upgrades

Powdered sugar, fresh-made fudge, cotton candy, waffles, funnel cakes and a cascading chocolate fountain come together just inside the park’s main entrance at the new French Quarter Confections.

Food personalization continues at the new Mac Shack, located near Toft’s Ice Cream Parlor, where you can create your ultimate mac & cheese bowl.

Cedar Point’s instantly recognizable classic fruit-shaped orange, grape, lemon and apple juice bottles return at C.P. Juice Co., located next to Scrambler.

The Corral is undergoing an extensive transformation, along with upgrades to its famous treats and will feature a new walk-in experience with serving lines designed to deliver food quickly and efficiently.

Receive a special dining passport that will take you on a journey through 15 of the park’s food locations to sample some of the park’s old favorites and new creations.

Get the full details on this and all of today's announcements at https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/150th-anniversary-announcement

Photos courtesy Cedar Point

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Carbs. I see carbs everywhere. :(

So is Mac Shack replacing Pinks?

Brandon

Noooooo!!!! PInks had protein! :(

But you get to eat mac and cheese....out of a block of cheese.

Honestly, I think I missed this "dining passport" idea. How does that work?

Promoter of fog.

If Pink's is gone that's fine with me. I really enjoyed it when it opened... what was it 8-9 years ago?

I tried it several times this summer and it sucked. Not going to mince words. The novelty was gone and no one seemed to give a crap about what they were putting out.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Kevinj said:

Honestly, I think I missed this "dining passport" idea. How does that work?

You get a card with a list of ~15 eateries on it. If you eat at all of them within the season, you get a shirt.

Brandon

I sure hope Live E has success in fully staffing those balconies.

I just hope the phrase "quickly and efficiently" means the same thing to them as it does to me.

Cargo Shorts said:

I sure hope Live E has success in fully staffing those balconies.

That's not how it works. The guests are on the balconies throwing beads at the Live E down below. But they have to earn the beads!

I get that but, the time I was there the drunk girls on the balconies appeared to be the most eager.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

If Pink's is leaving I kinda wish it would've been replaced with a Tony Packo's. Sigh..

Not a fan of the hand breaded chicken tenders, but loving the refresh of both of these restaurants. It also appears from the concept art to be adding more much needed indoor air conditioned seating. Hopefully that's the case and I'm just not being bamboozled by the concept art. Of course reading the description it just says indoor service lines, so probably not...

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Hoping to hear that Buckaroos will be moved and not removed.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I'm stupidly excited about the fruit bottles and can't wait to come home this summer with a bright purple grape. I just hope the Juice Co. fares better than the rest of the stuff they put in that particular stand- it seems to change every couple years. I can't remember it ever being open while it was a cotton candy stand.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Cedar Point really wants to be Main Street USA at Magic Kingdom. But honestly, how many families come to Cedar Point and say "You know what's missing? Expensive French pastry!" or "Hey, honey, let's go drop $50 on donuts and coffee before hitting the Raptor!"

And I really hope there's air-conditioned seating in there. Eating a beignet in 95-degree heat doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Granted it has been 20 years or so but if I recall correctly 95F and 95% humidity is rather typical at Cafe du Monde.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Two thoughts on the food renovations at the front of the park...

It appears that the French Quarter is replacing both the current funnel cake stand and the candy stand beside it. That area worked out nicely for us - my son got his funnel cake and I went next door and got my elephant ear. Looks like dad is SOL as there is no mention of elephant ears at the new place.

Coral looks to be replacing the pizza place, as well as the walking taco stand. That is a bummer, used to like the walking tacos there.

WolfBobs said:
If Pink's is leaving I kinda wish it would've been replaced with a Tony Packo's. Sigh..

Not a fan of the hand breaded chicken tenders, but loving the refresh of both of these restaurants. It also appears from the concept art to be adding more much needed indoor air conditioned seating. Hopefully that's the case and I'm just not being bamboozled by the concept art. Of course reading the description it just says indoor service lines, so probably not...

First, I can’t imagine the quality of “hand breaded tenders” lovingly prepared by ride-prides during Halloweekends, and second, I’m pretty sure they are adding zero indoor seating at the food venues, just converting to “back-beat-que” style indoor que lines.

Last edited by Rugrats2001,

Rugrats2001 said:

WolfBobs said:

First, I can’t imagine the quality of “hand breaded tenders” lovingly prepared by ride-prides during Halloweekends, and second, I’m pretty sure they are adding zero indoor seating at the food venues, just converting to “back-beat-que” style indoor que lines.

I agree now that i look more closely at the renderings. Bummmer! 2020 suxxxx /s :)

My general dislike of the hand breaded tenders is more so the lack of any flavor. It's like there is zero seasoning in that breading. I've tried them at a few different CF parks and have yet to have a good experience. I also find it interesting that the stand the sells these things changes almost yearly. Like a red-headed step child of the food services.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

I really wish they would bring more vegetarian food to the park, but maybe that will be improving too. It definitely has been at Kings Island.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service