So like seriously... What rumors are true?

What is the point of arguing semantics? It has a wooden structure. Most of the other coasters have a still structure. Makes it easier to categorize each coaster to call Gemini a wooden coaster. Sure we understand it isn't a true wooden coaster... But does it really matter?? All that really matters is whether or not Gemini has seen it's last days or not

An incredible thing happens when we don't know what to categorize something as; we create a new category. So, as far as I'm concerned, unless a governing body (of which one doesn't exist) in the business of roller coasters comes out and says otherwise, we have steel, wooden, and hybrid coasters. Simple.

MrJohnJLewis said:

Makes it easier to categorize each coaster to call Gemini a wooden coaster.

So by that logic The Voyage is a steel coaster?!? Oh, OK.

Brandon

I bet you guys also like correcting people when they use you're/your incorrectly. Everyone loves that guy

You forgot your the period at the end of your rant.

Mr. Lewis, you’re on a coaster enthusiast forum. Can’t get mad when someone tries to correct a very basic factoid. We’re talking Roller Coasters 101, Day 1.

That said, now that the lines are blurring between wood and steel with the emergence of RMC, I find myself less concerned with categorization. Is it awesome? Do I enjoy the ride? That’s all that really matters to me anymore.

MrJohnJLewis said:
I bet you guys also like correcting people when they use you're/your incorrectly. Everyone loves that guy

Absolutely. And I have absolutely no shame in doing so. If you’re going to argue a point, please appear to be somewhat educated in order for your argument to be valid.

Do I make typing errors? Absolutely. It is bound to happen. But as an adult (or at least someone who passed the third grade), it’s a shame one wouldn’t know the difference between:
Your
You’re

There
Their
They’re

I could go on, but prefer not to. Honestly, being a member of a forum has allowed me to greatly appreciate the importance of proper grammar and it’s usage. If I may suggest, try using these boards as practice prior to landing an important role with a major company and sending out an email that contains improper punctuation, improper grammar, and improper use of the word “your” (or you’re).

If you took the time to read the posting guidelines, you would realize that correct grammar, punctuation, and basic elementary sentence structure is a part of Pointbuzz.

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/spelling-grammar-and-chat-shorthand

Categorizing coasters on a basic level is not difficult. Wood, Steel, & Hybrid. Easy.

Does it get more cumbersome at the next level of categorization? Of course, but to suggest it is easier to shove Gemini into a category that it doesn't belong in is just lazy. You aren't arguing semantics, you're arguing simple facts. You might be surprised to learn that people who have an actual interest in roller coasters actually enjoy learning how to correctly categorize them, and what makes a certain type of coaster belong to a certain group.

And when posters here help to correct grammar mistakes here, they aren't making a personal attack, they are protecting the integrity of the forum.

So yea....you are correct. We do all love "that guy".

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You guys are the best. Seriously

In the recent blog post:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/winterizing-the-park

At the bottom of the page, they give us a hint. What could TRPR DAN AHD mean? When I was there for Halloweekends I notice the other large barrel had words on it and it also said 2020 on it. Does anyone have any other pictures or ideas??

Yeah. It means they should’ve sent those old pool chlorinators to the dump instead of using them as Halloween decor.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:
Yeah. It means they should’ve sent those old pool chlorinators to the dump instead of using them as Halloween decor.

Pretty sure those were actually from Disaster Transport..which is much worse imo.

shenanigans.

I’m assuming these letters will stand for new additions for 2020 “attractions”, whatever they may be. I noticed a lot of codes for past attractions on the other barrels, ie the E12 from Disaster Transport and one standing for Jumbo Jet.

shenanigans.

MrJohnJLewis said:

You guys are the best. Seriously

Promoter of fog.

You don't have to tell me twice. Seriously.

MrJohnJLewis said:

As a matter of fact, I do. Poor grammar is very annoying.

Not as annoying as the grammar police

You are under no obligation to stay if you find the standards here so bothersome.

To get things back on topic (sorta)... Regarding your original comment that kicked off your whining, pointing out an enormous, black hole-sized flaw in your logic is not a nitpick nor a semantic argument. There is some room for disagreement and opinion when categorizing coaster types, but only some room. To suggest that structure material alone is what determines a coaster's category is simply nonsensical. I think most would agree that Gemini, CCMR, and SV are hybrid coasters. And that any coaster with wood track is a wood coaster, irrespective of structure.

Brandon

MrJohnJLewis said:
In the recent blog post:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/winterizing-the-park

At the bottom of the page, they give us a hint. What could TRPR DAN AHD mean? When I was there for Halloweekends I notice the other large barrel had words on it and it also said 2020 on it. Does anyone have any other pictures or ideas??

Every time I see the mention of “TRPR”, I always see “TPR” and think Theme Park Review (regardless of my personal opinion on the website owner). On a serious note, those acronyms really do have me curious.

Trapper Dan Ahead

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service