2019 Cedar Point Positives

It is time to list all the positive and great things Cedar Point did for the 2019 season.

There are many so lets hear them, no positive is too small.

I'll start off with the Corkscrew Trains being repainted.

There are many times this season I just stopped just to watch the trains of the corkscrew run its course just due to the fact the trains looked outstanding running the course. The red white and blue graphics on the trains are the best out of all Arrow looping coasters.

Kudos to you Cedar Point.

Thank you for bringing the nostalgia back to the Corkscrew Midway.

Keeping Blue Streak open during the flooding was a nice touch.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'm surprised you came up with one thing based on all your other posts this season.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

All season Fastlane. Continuing food improvements. Much more uptime for Steel Vengeance. Pouches for Steel Vengeance. Magnum’s 3rd tunnel. Better uptime for Early Entry in the summer season. Continued positive usage of the beach. Much better staffing during the shoulder season than 2017, the improvements made in 2018 continued in 2019.

Opening the beach, amazing.

Back Beat BBQ is a great addition(except when the server decides to cut the brisket with the grain).

Not like: The entire front train for Top Thrill Dragster devoted to FL+. I never complain about Fast Lane, but 50% going to fast lane, Bull****!

Last edited by cpki310,

The food was by far the biggest improvement from what I saw. Hugo's and BackBeat were both fantastic additions to the park. I'm really hoping they maintain the same quality at both locations in years to come.

**trigger alert** Also, not sure if you guys heard, but they offered a really low-priced season pass for next year! :D :D :D

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'm a platinum pass w/all season meal holder, the positive for me was Hugos' pizza, just the right size to be filling. Also the re-entry with handstamp area to the left of admission lines, made for quick re-entry without having to go thru regular lines.

Negatives were 'battleground' shows, disappointing compared to previous shows held there in previous years. Finally rode SV, good coaster and action but lacked someplace to hold on to brace yourself.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Forbidden Frontier, definitely. A wonderful and unique experience unlike anything I've ever experienced at a park before, something that you get a lot out of depending on what you put into it. And nice, shady hammocks. :)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Cedar Fair rejected Six Flags' offer.

On another note, after years of wanting to but never pulling the trigger, my wife and I snuck away to a lakefront cottage at Lighthouse Point for our anniversary. Breakers has been our go-to since the renovation, but we officially have a new favorite way to stay on Point.

Very impressed by the cleanliness and the site in general. Definitely headed back there in 2020.

And the Gold Pass saved my family about $400. Thanks, Cedar Point!

Promoter of fog.

The Gold Pass saved my family of four (one of whom qualified for the Pre-K Pass) about $600! ;-)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

The discounted rate on All-Season Fast Lane plus savings from downgrading to gold pass made it a great value for 2020!!

Last edited by XS NightClub,

We had solid ride availability for both our 3 day June and 4 day July trip. Dragster ran all 7 days, SV early entry twice.

Liked Backbeat, but only ate there in first hour of operation 3 times, got chicken twice and the beef once.

Loved Magnum this year. Best rides on it in years, including 3 total with no pretzel trims and 2 great night rides with the run 3rd tunnel effects.

Got the foldover twice and burrito twice, those are great i hope they keep them and on the dining plan.

Stayed in Breakers West for the first time, we enjoyed the 2 queen bed with balcony Lakeview room, its obvious that its a new build unlike the partial remodel that the Breakers East and Tower rooms have which are already showing signs of aging.

We had a good 3 hour run through Shores in July. All slides working, decent lunch at Crystal Rock.

Also, going back to February at 2019 Chill Out I thought it was the best one I've done with the new open world style format. I REALLY hope they keep that for the 2020 event.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Is nobody going to bring up the slide nights? I went to one of those, and the experience was awesome. It was really awesome to go on some of my favorite waterslides without a massive wait to get on.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

^ Was it dark? If it’s a warm summer night, waterslides at night sounds like a lot of fun!

ROUNDABOUND.

It was! Yeah, the slide night was really fun. Got so many rides on point plummet. I have a nice story involving that slide.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

This one time at slide camp...

I agree that with the negatives I encountered this season always still have some positives...

My favorite times were relaxing on the beach with some Sand Bar drinks (or Surf Lounge drinks, depending on where the shortest line was), and just taking it all in. The beach is definitely way more inviting and appealing than it was 6 or 7 years ago.

I just wanted to second the Magnum update. It really is the little things sometimes.

When we visited in the Spring, the fog, lights, and music were unfortunately not working the days we were there. On our last-minute visit on closing-weekend Friday, our last ride ended up being on Magnum, and I sat behind both of my daughters. Their faces after after we exited the final tunnel on that night-time ride were priceless, as all three effects were in full gear (and daddy forgot to mention there was something extra coming).

"Did you see that!!??"

Love it. And here's a nod to the little touches on Mine Ride as well. I really liked the faux-mine with train number 5 with the effects and lighting outside the ride.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

That's easy, the forbidden frontier....that was way better than I expected and is a super nice addition to the park.

Adding the lights and sounds and smoke back to the Magnum tunnels.

Speaking of Magnum making sure doesn't sink anymore.... :)

While the food selection and quality increased, the efficiency and availability still remained subpar most of the season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service