Power Tower...Up or Down?

What would be soooo cool of the Space Spiral would drop and turn u around while u drop.
Isn't that basically Thrust Air 2000? =)
PT TERRIFIES me-I dodge around it every chance I get. However I do like shooting up as opposed to dropping-the wait to get dropped or shot up drives me NUTS!

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Pitt Fall is a great ride!! You definitaly get the feeling of you freefalling down. It is way better then the Turbo Drop.

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders, how was your flight?
PT is another one my husband insists on doing - actually, I'm probably a bit more afraid of this than MF. (We haven't been to CP since '97, so PT will be new for us, as well). I don't like heights, and I generally don't like vertical drops. (Although Tower of Terror at DW wasn't bad - but I have a feeling Disney "softened" the ride experience a bit - either slowing the drops or softening the impact at the bottom - like they do for all their rides). I know he'll want to try both up & down. He always says - "just wait in line with me, if you're too scared when we get to the loading place, just step out of line & I'll go alone". Of course he knows at that point I won't let him go without me...so, simply put, his strategy with these things is to get me in line - if you get me in line, you've got me on the ride! (Which is why I've never allowed him even close to Ripcord - which he's been trying to talk me into for 5 years!):)

-------------
CheapRock
You can pick your friends & your nose, but you can't pick your seat on MF.
I am nervous on Power Tower more than any other ride. Only on the down

-------------
Millennium Force Rids:1
Magnum XL-200 Drop:3
I have new respect for being shot up, its an awesome feeling just to look up and see the track coming to an end, feeling like its going to fly off.

-------------
Whats life if you never get to the point?

I typically don’t like the fast drops, but I am considering riding the Space Shot going up fast. When you go down on that side how does the speed going down compare to the fast drop side of Power Tower? From the You Tube videos it appears to go down fast on both sides.

The Space Shot side drops you only as fast as gravity pulls you down. The Turbo Drop side actually launches you downward, it’s faster than free-fall.

ROUNDABOUND.

Thank you Shane! 👊🏻

Up.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

down.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Down side is more nerving as you are sitting there so high up. But the thrill of shooting down (if you want to call it that) really doesn't feel any different than a freefall.

I prefer being shot up, especially if you get a sadistic ride-op that launches you early before you expect it, or lets you sit there wondering what's wrong and then launches you. But in my experience of riding it, there are variances of how it operates. There have been times that I barely came out of my seat when we hit the top. Then there are times that my shoulders slam into the harness when we hit top.

But, overall, I would never ride it with a line. Not worth it. I miss Demon Drop! I prefer it over PT anyday! Those early Intamin freefalls are the best!

Nothing comes close to the Intamin 1st gen free falls, IMO. Nothing like getting pushed out over a ledge in a shopping cart and being let go.

The new ones that have the magnetic brakes are good, but they don't have that uncertain feeling where you transition from the shaft to the tracks. The A.R.M/Larson towers, like the one at Knoebels are the next best thing to the Intamin 1st Gen, and I don't know why they're so good.

Take a ride to Allentown, PA to visit Demon Drop at Dorney Park... Still terrifying!

ROUNDABOUND.

I'm not quite ready to visit the secondary market again.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service