Rides that might be removed in the next few years

It’ll certainly be interesting to see what coaster leaves next. The last three that left were clearly bad/cheap/junky/rough/eyesore/non-classics. Disaster Transport, Wildcat and Mean Streak were duds that just didn’t fit with what the park’s identity anymore. Anything else that leaves, save for Wicked Twister, is a Cedar Point legacy ride.

But they raised the height requirement to 48" from 46" so it's not really a transition coaster as it is.

I agree we should keep "gentler" coasters for those not ready for the big ones, or may never be ready. But I'd be for removal of Iron Dragon for a similar ride with a lowered height requirement. Like Dollywood's Firechaser Express. Guests under 48" must be accompanies by an adult but at least they can ride.

Or they can work on getting the height requirement back down for Iron Dragon. Streamlining height requirements shouldn't be an excuse. They should work on that for Mine Ride, too. I remember riding that very small with my father back in the 70's.

Edit: This was in response to Mr Cedar Point

Last edited by 3snoH un=l,

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Mr. Cedar Point said:

The Iron Dragon has to stay. I know it is getting old. The reason it is for young kids that are starting their "Moving on Up" .

I really doubt any amusement park bases the removal/addition of new rides based on having a starter coaster.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Rougarou out, mystic timbers style coaster in.

First ride; Magnum 1994

GL2CP said:
Rougarou out, log flume in.

Or this.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

What would take to fix Rougarou? Is it just redesigning and replacing 2-3 sections of track that cause the headbanging or is their more to it than that?

There's nothing wrong with it, so there's nothing to fix. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Replace the restraints with the Maverick/GateKeeper/Valravn style

I don't ride it very often myself, but I've always found that if you hold your head back against the seat on Rougarou and lean slightly into the turns as you see them approach - it reduces the head banging considerably - at least for me in my experience. Maybe not completely, but I've had pretty good luck doing that. I wouldn't be opposed to different restraints, but I would be opposed to removing the ride itself.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

I ride Rougarou regularly on my trips, I enjoy it until the MCBR as after that the ride limps to the finish, just like Mantis did. I generally don't bang my head at all until the corkscrew exit, and I use the head-forward approach. I love the intensity of the first half of the ride and all 3 of the inversions in that half.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

James Parker jr said:

I generally don't bang my head at all until the corkscrew exit, and I use the head-forward approach.

Funny how different things work for different people. I tried the head-forward approach earlier this year and wound up head banging even worse. I think for me I just have more stabilization control with the head back approach. But to each their own!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

I had the bright idea to cover my ears with my hands once. Didn’t work, just had banged up hands and my ears still hurt. Yeah, pressing my head back really hard reduces the impact to almost tolerable for me.

Not a ride removal, but in Camp Snoopy there is that unused food stall and seating area to the left of it that has been sitting vacant for years that I thought would have had something done to it by now. There would be enough room there for two kid flats of some sort.. Maybe something along the lines of the cliffhanger type ride as Kings Island has and a swing/swinging ship or miniature ferris wheel like Dorney (whole family can ride all these.) Both Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy contain four of the same exact rides and could use some diversity. Having a 5 and 2 year old additions like these would honestly make me more excited than a huge coaster right now.

Come to think of it, the past few years the building has been used during Halloweekends for the private eye scavenger hunt and crafting area. Also, there was always a hay maze to the right of it as well. This year all of that has been moved to the front and around the building is empty.. Maybe this could be the loading point for the new boat ride? The building sits right on the water line and the location would be more integrated into Camp Snoopy if it were to be child themed.. Just a thought!

Last edited by The Naked Truth,

^That's way too well-thought-out and constructive of an idea for this corner of the internet. Couldn't you at least complain about gold passes a little bit?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Well, if we're talking buildings, how about that one lonely cotton candy stand by the scrambler? I've been to Cedar Point many times a year, and I have only seen that thing in use maybe once or twice this year. It did get some use last year, but that's all I remember.

As for The Naked Truth talking about Camp/Planet Snoopy, there's this guy on youtube called Noah Roth, and he's made some awesome Cedar Point animations showing off concepts, and he did one of a new Planet Snoopy, and there's a bit of diversity in there.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

The Naked Truth said:

Maybe this could be the loading point for the new boat ride?

A Race for Your Life Charlie Brown clone would be a perfect fit there.

Brandon

I second Rougarou out and a log flume in.

Rougaflume?

Mangarougaflume?

Routis-A-Flume?

or

The Log Flume.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

With the news out of Kings Island today it is a reminder that nothing lasts forever. I dread the day we lose Magnum and Gemini, but I'd bet both of those rides are well over halfway through their tenure at the park.

^ Gemini yes. Magnum, I think the park will come up with ways to keep her rolling. New trains, retracking, maybe both, etc.

I would think Dragster would likely be removed before Magnum and Gemini. I know it's a park staple, but with downtime that lasts multiple days a few times a year, the maintenance costs have to be astronomical. I don't mind Dragster, if it's a short wait like less than 15 mintues, I'll go on it but I won't wait more than that since you're taking a risk with it going down and all that time was wasted where you could have done something else. But look at Volcano, KD removed that this year and it was a staple for the park. It was similar to Dragster with downtime.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service