What they’re working on for 2020

Tony tweet today:

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/1173616297512509440?s=21

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

For the Twitter impaired...

It looks like a bar of soap. I would guess that CP is working with Tyler Durden on starting up a Fight Club of their own...

PS. Jeff, how do I embed an image from a mobile phone like the iPhone?

It's shot from the inside of a rectangular glass, I think. What we need to be focusing on in my opinion is the faint image to the left. Can anybody make it bigger?

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

It’s an eyeball view of the empty inside of a key-chain photo viewer.
It’s nostalgic.

I thought it was a sponge for the new car wash service that's included with your parking.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Included in our All-Season FunPix no doubt,

I flipped and stretched the left part of the image, and it appears to be their 150 Years logo:

A great promotion would be for a certain period of time to take a photo of everyone as they enter and hand them a slip. (Just like the old days) Then the visitors can trade it in for their key chain telescope, free of charge. (Not like the old days)

So it's the view of the new logo for the midway trash cans from inside the trash can itself?

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

For the Twitter impaired...

It looks like a bar of soap. I would guess that CP is working with Tyler Durden on starting up a Fight Club of their own...

PS. Jeff, how do I embed an image from a mobile phone like the iPhone?

As part of the 150 year nostalgia, going back to bar soap in the restrooms.

I was grossed out even typing that.

RCMAC said:

A great promotion would be for a certain period of time to take a photo of everyone as they enter and hand them a slip. (Just like the old days) Then the visitors can trade it in for their key chain telescope, free of charge. (Not like the old days)

"You guys get your scopes today?!"

I used to love those keychains when I was a kid. Glad to see them probably coming back.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Does anyone know what tech used to make them these days assuming capture will be digital? Also assuming back in the day positive slide film was used.

We are celebrating 150 years so we are going backwards to introducing a new river expedition experience, that we took out in 2011.

^Yes, and a lot of people and families are VERY happy about that. Count me as one of them!

Personally, they could add a log flume, a ride that was removed in 2006 and I would be STOKED. Not everything has to be coasters and thrill machines. Families are the bread and butter of amusement parks.

Cargo Shorts asked:
Does anyone know what tech used to make them these days assuming capture will be digital? Also assuming back in the day positive slide film was used.

Perhaps dye sublimation printing onto transparency film?
Back in the day, I wonder if it was slide film, or given the size of the viewer, might it have been 8mm or 16mm motion picture film? Or I suppose it could be a slide, either 120 or 35mm, cut into...probably fourths. Likewise, given the expense of dye-sub printing (but that's the most likely method I can think of for generating digital transparencies) I wonder if they might be, say, 4-up and then die-cut.

Incidentally, the images on a View-Master reel are actually Super-8 film.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

RCMAC said:

What exactly are you talking about? I've never heard of Cedar point doing that, but it sounds kind of cool.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be a young guy. CP used to have a few photographers standing at the front gate at the start of each day. Typically take a picture of a family, then hand them a slip. You would then take the slip to this booth on the midway later in the day to view the photo. If you like the pic, it was available for purchase in a keychain slide viewer:

I'm starting to feel old.

What were you expecting from someone born in '01? XD

Honestly, that picture key chain thing sounds kind of cool. Can you actually do any picture? Like have a picture of your favorite ride in there or some other CP activity like a party of Cedar Point Nights or Halloweekends?

Also when are we gonna get sailing charters? :D

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Will they be allowed on steel vengeance?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service