Gold Pass upgradable

If you don't plan on going to any other Cedar Fair Park for 2020, then the Gold Pass is Golden for you.

I am an enthusiast who plans to spend time at other parks, like Kings Island, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Dominion, host of "Cough" Six Flags parks, Budweiser Parks, Hershey and Dollywood, so the Gold Pass is useless to me.

Don't you see, the Wild Card Pass for 2019 was a testing ground for the Gold Pass for Cedar Point since they never had that. It proved that having a Gold Pass would help the bottom line for Cedar Point.

I am a coaster enthusiast, even though Cedar Point is my home park and I attend that park the most (30 Plus Time a year), because it is the closest and {Don't Forget The Best Amusement Park In The World},

How was the Wild Card Pass a testing ground for the Gold Pass? Wild Card was good for May & June at CP only with no perks for $60. Gold Pass gets you CP & Shores for a full season (plus this fall at CP), free parking, and a bunch of other perks for less than the basic CP only pass cost last year. I still see the Gold Pass as a money loser.

ROUNDABOUND.

I don't know why I am surprised, but the online backlash about the Gold Pass is...I guess...amusing? It's mainly being driven by Platinum Pass holders, who are now complaining that "their park" is going to be over-run, with no more "quiet days" left to be enjoyed.

Promoter of fog.

Well maybe CP can reassure the platinum passers that if the park gets overrun with gold passers, they’ll go back to the good old days of capacity conscious operations.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:
Well maybe CP can reassure the platinum passers that if the park gets overrun with gold passers, they’ll go back to the good old days of capacity conscious operations.

What do you mean?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I just want to be able to get a physical gold pass, and not reuse my 2019 Platinum pass in 2020.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

Then I recommend purchasing a Gold Pass.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

He already did purchase a Gold Pass and wants the physical pass for collecting purposes.

TMAN265, Just go to a ticket window next year and tell them you lost your pass. They were not charging for replacement passes this year.

So are they not sending physical Gold Passes to people who downgrade from Platinum? That raises the question of how they're going to handle early entry, since some people with Gold Pass will have a Platinum card. Will there be a 2nd scanning station at the cattle pen?

Current (and long-time) Platinum passholder here, who's "downgraded" to Gold for next year. My assumption is that on our first visit in 2020, we will be "given" a Gold Pass to replace our (at that point, no longer valid) Platinum one? (Our online renewal "voucher" includes our name and Gold add-ons entitlements such as food/drink; but it did not include a QR code--unlike the new Gold Pass I purchased for a family member who currently does not hold a pass of any kind.)

My point was, it's my understanding that you will have to get one next season. Why would you get a gold pass card now? You're not "gold" until 2020.

If you downgraded to gold from platinum, that won't kick in until next year. The only people getting gold pass cards now are people who never had a pass.

Although Cargo Shorts makes a good point; it's worth asking if you can get it now.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Like honestly the gold pass was a great addition but now that its come into full play at CP the place to be XD, there is no room for anymore people the parking lots are full to the brim on the weekends and all the lines for coaster flat rides and even the haunt mazes are above 2 to 3 hours. like no one can ride anything. one ride is your hole day and that one ride is Steel Vengeance which is and obvious choice but still like.

^I'm winded after reading that.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Ever hear of a comma or a capital letter?

I just got mine. It's my first pass ever. I usually don't get one because I only go once a year, but since it was so cheap I figured it would more than pay for itself on my usual three day trip. Plus, since I only need to pay for my hotel room, I might even go twice next summer!

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Halloweekends have been packed for years. Even before the Gold Passes have come into play.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Winded RMC Raptor said:

Like honestly the gold pass was a great addition but now that its come into full play at CP the place to be XD, there is no room for anymore people the parking lots are full to the brim on the weekends and all the lines for coaster flat rides and even the haunt mazes are above 2 to 3 hours. like no one can ride anything. one ride is your hole day and that one ride is Steel Vengeance which is and obvious choice but still like.

You just described every Halloweekends Saturday for the past 5 years as long as the weather wasn't s**t.

I am just appalled that the gold pass is so flimsy, and not Real Gold... What Next, they're not gonna use Platinum for those passes. ;-)

Last edited by imadj,
Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

vwhoward said:

Halloweekends have been packed for years. Even before the Gold Passes have come into play.

Not like this year. There has no doubt been an attendance spike with the addition of the Gold Pass option.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

There have been times before the Gold Pass people wondered about capacity and fire codes. If it's actually worse than the times I've been there those days, how can you even walk around? There were so many people in the haunt zones, the screamsters were just standing off to the sides, unable to do anything.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service