2020 announcement just posted

The 2020 announcement for Cedar Point makes no sense. They are going to be putting in a river excursion ride?

Paddle Wheel Excursions was axed because it sucked. So we are going to put it back in when we already had this? If Cedar Point brings that back, they have lost complete focus of the park.

Where did the $ 140 million go, there is no way they spent all $ 140 million, Cedar Fair is holding back something for Cedar Point. Couple months from now, Tony Clark and Jason McClure will be tweeting pictures of orange spray paint and some brush clearing.

There is no longer a complete loop for a paddle wheel excursion ride, hello, Forbidden Frontier has been dropped in its spot.

Something is fishy with that press release, way too vague. They were vague with Forbidden Frontier, but they did give juicy tidbits of what was to come.

All Cedar Fair has said, River Excursion ride?

What the heck is that?

To be continued.

You are insufferable.

Just Coasting, if you didn’t hear, Kings Island is opening a brand new B&M giga coaster. Spend your time there if Cedar Point’s 2020 announcement isn’t up to your standards and just. Shut. Up.

Amen.

PyroKinesis09 said:

You are insufferable.

You’re nicer than me.

Rusty said:

Regarding the free Fast Lane Plus for renewals - I may be misunderstanding the circumstances, but my daughter and I had platinum passes for 2019 and wife had just a regular season pass for 2019. She ordered gold passes for all three of us this morning for 2020. HERS was considered a renewal and she got the free Fast Lane Plus for it. Mine and our daughter's were considered new purchases since we were not "renewing platinum", but instead downgrading from platinum to gold. Because it was not a renewal of our existing tier, we did not get that free FLP perk

But I am wondering if others downgrading from platinum to gold had the same experience and if some are just assuming that it is a "renewal" and will be entitled to a free FLP.

Quick FYI...My daughter and I did renew...going from Platinum to Gold and it did add our Fast Lane Plus to our order form. Of course, we haven't tried to redeem them, but in the past we haven't had any issue. I'm sure it'll redeem fine. I'd call or check at Guest Services, they can always look it up to verify you renewed.

Coasting we all knew you were to clever to be kept in the dark for long. It’s what you have been waiting years for: a river excursion dark ride aka The Tunnel of Love.

Stacys said:

Quick FYI...My daughter and I did renew...going from Platinum to Gold and it did add our Fast Lane Plus to our order form. Of course, we haven't tried to redeem them, but in the past we haven't had any issue. I'm sure it'll redeem fine. I'd call or check at Guest Services, they can always look it up to verify you renewed.

Thx. But like I said - for us we probably wouldn't even get the opportunity to use it, so it isn't that big of a deal. I'll mention it to the wife, but it isn't that big of a deal for me. I was really mentioning it in case others were expecting it and didn't get it.

But I do appreciate the heads up that you had a different experience/result.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Just Coasting said:

The 2020 announcement for Cedar Point makes no sense. They are going to be putting in a river excursion ride?

Paddle Wheel Excursions was axed because it sucked. So we are going to put it back in when we already had this? If Cedar Point brings that back, they have lost complete focus of the park.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I'm not expecting PWE to come back in its original form, but wouldn't be disappointed if it did.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

OK, so just to clarify, if you are currently Platinum and decide to go Gold, you do get a FLP?

Or no.

I guess I shall find out for myself soon enough.

Promoter of fog.

With Kings Island not even 4 hours away and adding Orion next year, I don’t see why y’all wouldn’t just get a Platinum.

Well for starters, with a family of four that is 400 extra dollars. I'm sure Orion will be fabulous, but I don't feel a need to get down there just for that ride.

But you're actually raising an interesting question, for which I am going to need to call the park tomorrow.

We have a Winterfest trip booked for Thanksgiving to Kings Island; we're Platinum Pass holders, which is why we did it...just for something different.

If I "downgrade" to Gold, how does that work?

It goes back to my point of what we already paid for, for this operating season, which includes entry to each CF park for the operating season.

Do we just automatically forfeit those extra perks if we purchase the Gold Pass now? If so, that will be a bit of a game-changer.

My assumption is that whatever you paid for this year applies (and you keep using whatever pass you have)...and then at the beginning of next season we will get issued the new Gold Pass.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

CPVet said:

With Kings Island not even 4 hours away and adding Orion next year, I don’t see why y’all wouldn’t just get a Platinum.

I have noticed that you are quite quick to spend the money of other people on this website.

Kevinj, you keep all the benefits of your current passes until end of season. CF IT is not *that* bad. Lol.

CPVet, while KI is 4 hours from CP it likely further for much of the Cleveland/Michigan crowd. I am in Cbus so CP is 2.25 and KI 1.5 hours away and although it is tough I can make a day trip out of it. Much more than that and it would require at a minimum an $80 lodging night. And unless you are into woodies KI doesn’t offer much beyond what CP has.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Swan boats.

Kevinj said:

OK, so just to clarify, if you are currently Platinum and decide to go Gold, you do get a FLP?

Or no.

I guess I shall find out for myself soon enough.

So when I spoke to my wife for clarification, she said that SHE clicked the renewal button for hers since she had a normal season pass that she upgraded to Gold. When she did mine and our daughter's SHE clicked a new pass rather than a renewal since it was a downgrade from Platinum to Gold. So I am guessing that it was due to the way that SHE characterized them when making her selections.

My apologies if I created any undue anxiety for anyone. (And as I said before, I don't feel like I need to be made whole on this one - even if it was our mistake.)

RCMAC said:

Swan boats.

Another old ride that I would not be disappointed in hearing about its revival.

People act like $140 million dollars is ONLY for rides.

50-60 million or more of that could easily be for renovating Sawmill Creek resort alone to get it to CF standards. Does anyone remember how much the first Breakers renovation cost a few years back? Wasn't that in the 50-100 million dollar range?

Nothing has been announced yet for the new properties just purchased in the waterparks in Texas.

So while yes, CPs announcement was vague and "more details to come" was given please don't act like there is some hidden motive here or grand conspiracy theory.

We downgraded from Platinum to Gold yesterday, and, yes, FLP was included.

WolfBobs said:
People act like $140 million dollars is ONLY for rides.

50-60 million or more of that could easily be for renovating Sawmill Creek resort alone to get it to CF standards.

How bad a shape is that resort in???
Don’t get me wrong, Breakers is much nicer than the s***hole it was, but CF standards... that’s really about a Holiday Inn level.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service