Employee Housing Wifi Question

I'm arriving next week and I was curious about the employee housing. (specifically Top Thrill Dragster House) How is the wifi? Is it fast enough to watch movies? How about playing online games?

Thanks in advance!

Movies at very low res and you can forget about reliable gaming. A few years ago there were some smart employees that were using banks of WiFi routers to gather IP leases and generate bandwidth...

Since then they have altered the access points to prevent such shenanigans.

Your mileage may vary.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

What is Top Thrill Dragster House? And are you sure the Sorting Hat will place you there?

ROUNDABOUND.

Ahh gotcha. I figured. Thanks! I was just curious if I should worry about my phone data or not so I'll probably have to keep an eye on it

I see what you did there... lol
But I'm just assuming since it was my only option when I applied for housing. I'm guessing it's because I'm joining late in the season.

No, what we're saying is that we never heard of Top Thrill Dragster house. Perhaps someone is messing with you.

...yep, what Chris49 said...

ROUNDABOUND.

Yeah... Now that I'm here and settled in I see what you mean. I haven't seen a building called that either.
This link is what my housing application had me originally apply for, though.
Not sure what it's about maybe I'm just confused lol
https://life.cedarpoint.com/StarRezPortalX/420A1838/10/109/My_Housi...ntext=True

Top Thrill Dragster House is the "name" of the 1500's building. I forget what year it was, but they added ride names to each of the dorm buildings

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

As I’ve mentioned on the board in the past, I lived in the first apartment building CP bought at the NW corner of the Causeway & First St. We were the first CP occupants & moved in there in the middle of the season. Obviously, there’s a lot more out there now! At the time, it was just called The Apartments. Just for curiosity sake, I’d love to see a labeled map with all the current names. I see references on the board to the various buildings that mean nothing to me.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

John, the apartments on the NW corner (First St & the Causeway) are called the Bayside Apartments.

Out of MY curiosity, I wonder how many people they shoved into 1 apartment at the time you lived there.

TwistedWicker77 said:
Out of MY curiosity, I wonder how many people they shoved into 1 apartment at the time you lived there.

Was supposed to be 5-6, but, we were able to keep it at 4. To live there at the time, you had to have your own transportation. We were able to borrow a car from a local good friend and co-worker; a Ralph Nader classic 1964 Corvair!

Last edited by JohnMosesBrowning,

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

I worked there a few years ago and lived in Commons. We had 4 people in a dorm... We literally did not have room to have 4 of us standing in there all at once.

Ohh okay cool. Glad to know I wasn't just crazy :P

Had just me and one other person in room 705 at Bayside for a couple years. It was great, and it really paid off for the two of us to make friends with the housing staff so that they would fill every other apartment in Bayside, but not put anyone in ours.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service