Cedar Point Shores Policies

Halfpint said:

That person said to him "You're fine." I'm not understanding this.

I'm not sure what you don't understand. This is why it's called "security theater". Sounds like it's working just as it always does.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I put my keys, my phone and nail clippers (I left my coins in the car) in the basket. The detector beeped, the man saw my metal belt buckle and said, "you're fine." Happens every time.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

Kevinj said:

Halfpint said:

That person said to him "You're fine." I'm not understanding this.

I'm not sure what you don't understand. This is why it's called "security theater". Sounds like it's working just as it always does.

I get the whole "security theater" thing. What I still don't understand is why, if this is something CP intends to keep, they don't keep things uniform so maybe it wouldn't seem so comical. I've made 15 trips so far this season, and only 2 or 3 "searches" were conducted the same way.

My husband's belt buckle sets it off every time. Too bad he won't wear cargo pants he could bring all kinds of stuff in and just flash that belt buckle and it would be all good LOL

Bluestreaker said:

I put my keys, my phone and nail clippers (I left my coins in the car) in the basket.

Curious why you need to take nail clippers into the park. Really.

Chris

You've never had a compulsive desire to trim your nails while at an amusement park?

Huh.

Promoter of fog.

Fixed that for you.

Kevinj said:
You've never had a compulsive desire to trim other people’s nails while at an amusement park?

Huh.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Just a dumb habit. It is on the key ring and I never took it off.

If my keys weren't all sectioned off in groups on a carabiner clip I wouldn't bother taking the nail clippers off every time I went into the park.

Paisley said:
My husband's belt buckle sets it off every time. Too bad he won't wear cargo pants he could bring all kinds of stuff in and just flash that belt buckle and it would be all good LOL

Except, the metal detectors have “zones” that light up where the metal is, so if he’s got stuff in his pockets, it’ll light up down there. At Disney his past week, they were having everybody hold their phones or put them back in their pockets when going through the detectors, rather than putting them in a bin and passing them through. It was way more efficient, IMO.

We stayed on point for a week, for the most part the security checkpoints were moving same speed or faster than the gate lines.
It was mostly the families that slowed the process,
Some people just can’t figure out how to have their family’s passes ready when they get to the scanners.

Either way, it wasn’t a hassle getting in all week to either shores or main park.
But I guess it’s important to some to get through the gate ASAP to wait in another line.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Isn't that the American way? Hurry up so you can wait in another line.

And while you're waiting, give those nails a nice trim ;)

Last time, promise.

Promoter of fog.

We got there at Shores right in time for early entry on Sunday. The wife has a beach bag and I had a backpack. Both items they didn't look through like they normally do. They just passed it down the table and handed it right back to us. I don't know if that is typical or not where they may randomly not inspect bags but never happened to my wife and I before.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

I think they perform some amount of profiling when deciding whose bags to search. They are probably more likely to rifle through a 20-year old's backpack than they are my family's stuff. They do occasionally take a deep dive through our stuff, but almost as often we get little more than a cursory check.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service