Busted!

While we're on the topic of "cheating/bending the rules," I've been wondering how feasible it is to get in the Resort Entrance a few minutes before 10am for a non-resort guest, non-passholder. How exactly do the ticket checkers verify that the people coming in for Early Entry are indeed resort guests? I certainly don't want to abuse the system, I just have some friends who will be staying in Breakers for one night that I'd like to be able to connect with right away at the beginning of the day.

Loving Maverick since 2007!

There is a checkpoint after the entrance where you show your pass or proof of resort stay.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Oh good grief! If Cedar Fair began simply confiscating every 15th guest's wallet at the entrance plaza "for guest safety" some people on this board would staunchly defend this initiative. We are talking about a park that is charging a minimum of Twenty bucks for the privilege of parking your car. There are upcharges associated with damn near everything in the park and it is frankly getting embarrassing. (Even trip advisor reviews have been panning them on this lately.)

Get over anyway you can! Don't weep for Cedar Fair's bottom line, as they will certainly not weep for yours. If you can figure out a way to get a free meal an hour early or figure a way into a pool, Bully for you.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat"

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

maverick master said:
While we're on the topic of "cheating/bending the rules," I've been wondering how feasible it is to get in the Resort Entrance a few minutes before 10am for a non-resort guest, non-passholder. How exactly do the ticket checkers verify that the people coming in for Early Entry are indeed resort guests? I certainly don't want to abuse the system, I just have some friends who will be staying in Breakers for one night that I'd like to be able too connect with right away at the beginning of the day.

If you "certainly don't want to abuse the system", wait until the park opens at 10:00 to the GP, buy a season pass, or stay at a resort. As someone who pays dearly for both of the latter, I want the park to do everything in it's power to keep trespassers out.

cptedsdisciple2 said:
Oh good grief! If Cedar Fair began simply confiscating every 15th guest's wallet at the entrance plaza "for guest safety" some people on this board would staunchly defend this initiative. We are talking about a park that is charging a minimum of Twenty bucks for the privilege of parking your car. There are upcharges associated with damn near everything in the park and it is frankly getting embarrassing. (Even trip advisor reviews have been panning them on this lately.)

Get over anyway you can! Don't weep for Cedar Fair's bottom line, as they will certainly not weep for yours. If you can figure out a way to get a free meal an hour early or figure a way into a pool, Bully for you.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat"

Simply don’t go, you big cry baby. I swear, people want more attractions, more places to eat, more places to relax, more trees, but don’t realize that those things come with a price tag. Not to mention, the parking fee is nothing new. Get over it.

The ladies at the beach gate are very sweet ladies. Especially Sue. Don’t take advantage and try to pull one over on them to get in a few minutes before 10am. Honestly what will that few minutes do?

cptedsdisciple2 said:

Cedar Fair began simply confiscating every 15th guest's wallet at the entrance plaza "for guest safety" some people on this board would staunchly defend this initiative.

Not likely.

We are talking about a park that is charging a minimum of Twenty bucks for the privilege of parking your car. There are upcharges associated with damn near everything in the park...

The answer is simple. Don't patronize a business if you find their practices troublesome. And let the business know why you find their practices troublesome.

I expect your opinion would be different if it was your business in question.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

After reading your responses (and seeing the overwhelming support based on the number of vote ups), I've realized that my intentions were misguided. I respect the season passholders' and resort guests' money. It's just a part of my personality to try to maximize things. This has always held true for me at amusement parks where it is very easy to see how "well" you're doing based on the length of the lines you're waiting in and the number of rides you get. In recent years, I've been able to make multiple trips a season to CP. This has opened my eyes a bit to how much more fun it can be to enjoy the park at a leisurely pace, rather than sprinting from ride to ride as I did on my sole visit each year in the past. All that to say that maybe a few extra minutes in the park isn't worth trying to cheat the system as TwistedWicker said.

As someone who pays to "maximize things, I REALLY DON'T want to have to wait in a que behind someone who is stealing the same thing myself and others pay for. Your rationalism is absurd.

Fair enough. It almost sounds like the age-old Fast Lane debate as far as paying to avoid waiting in a queue behind somebody. I have purchased Fast Lane on a couple of occasions and it made for a great experience so I get where you're coming from as far as paying for certain privileges. Until I decide to buck up for a season pass I will back off, obey the rules, and enjoy the greatest amusement park on the planet!

It is nothing like the "age-old Fastlane debate". I have nothing against waiting behind another paying customer. I DO have a HUGE problem waiting in line behind a trespasser who is there illegally.

Speaking of "Busted!" 4 people overdosed at the park this afternoon. So, there's that.

^^^Or you could just pay to stay a night at Breakers, with your friends. Season passes aren't the only way to get early entry, as it were.

^Just heard this news as well. That's really sad, but as my friend pointed out, one wonders if all of these discounted tickets this season are inviting clientele who wouldn't have otherwise visited the park.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Jimmyburke: I was that girl 🤓( but not in English!)
Andrew Schwartz: thats freaking hilarious 😂

^ That is indeed sad. Never will forget 25 yrs ago, someone was having seizures in the parking lot. I desperately wanted to assist, but didn’t know how. It’s one (of many) experiences that prompted me become a nurse.

Last edited by randi b,

Peace ☮️

Simply don’t go, you big cry baby. I swear, people want more attractions, more places to eat, more places to relax, more trees, but don’t realize that those things come with a price tag. Not to mention, the parking fee is nothing new. Get over it.

Now, now, only God can make a tree. Although any corporate hacks running what has become a third-rate carnival can chop trees down. And trees make great places to relax, so long as they are accessible.

I expect your opinion would be different if it was your business in question.

The greedy schmucks who run the place won't notice

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

Skydiver said:

I DO have a HUGE problem waiting in line behind a trespasser who is there illegally.

How is a paying customer who paid an additional fee to get priority access to rides a "trespasser" who is there "illegally"? You made your choice, they made theirs, and Cedar Fair counted the cash they made from both parties.

Re-read my post. I said I have nothing against waiting in line behind another paying customer. I do have a problem with waiting behind a trespasser who snuck in . It's pretty simple- meet them at 10:00 when the park opens. I have nothing against Fastlane- we use it occasionally.

But how is someone who paid an extra fee for priority access a "trespasser" who "snuck" in? They didn't sneak in; they paid for priority access.

I'm referring to sneaking in, not Fastlane. Repeating what I said above- I'm not against fastlane- we use it occasionally.

Just for clarification, Skydiver is talking about someone who tries to sneak in before the general public opening (10:00 AM) when they are not a resort guest or pass-holder.

Promoter of fog.

Yes, but … how many people, exactly, "sneak" in before the general public or Fastlane holders? It strikes me as a problem without much merit.

Last edited by noggin,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service