Busted!

My son got called out for being in the Breakers hot tub & not staying at the resort. We used to stay there around 3X per season, so he got a little too comfortable jumping in for a dip. They never used to check for official guests. He’s not a regular law breaker! ( no pun intended 😉)
If not staying there, are we still allowed on the beach in front of hotel, & to play corn hole/ vball?
Also wondered what other cheats people have tried & failed on here. (other than the tragic ones).

Peace ☮️

I know the staff have started cracking down on who is using the resort pools and for good reason. Its a benefit of staying at the resorts. The beach and related activities are open to all guests. You dont even need park admission to enjoy the beach. I have co-workers with season passes that will go over with their families and just use the beach without ever going into the park.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

As a paying Breakers guest (which we do several times a year), I'm glad they're cracking down.

I realize; wasn’t condoning

Peace ☮️

I'm surprised they don't have it gated off where you would need to swipe the keycard for your room to get in. That would be a cheap and easy solution.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Good idea. Then people wouldn’t have to wear a band.

Peace ☮️

People wearing bands are verifiable as actual hotel guests, if there was a keycard anyone would use it by just following a guest in with a keycard. Its not like guests are going to check to make sure random people behind them have keycards as well.

The additional benefit of having a person checking wristbands is they are there to clean up the area as well.

EDIT: Side note: Later in the evening there's rarely anyone checking for bands, we have met several off duty _____________ _________ using the hot tubs and had great conversations with them.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Until you posted that.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Randi b asked about "cheat" attempts. This wasn't technically a cheat attempt, just an attempt find out the policy: Son & I utilized our "All Season Dining Plan" at 11:30am at Pinks inside the main park. Went home for a short time, changed into bathing suits for Cedar Point Shores. Around 2:30pm we attempted to order food in the waterpark. The associate informed me that not enough time had elapsed between meals for us. I was trying to find out if one could order food in shorter time increments, as if it was two different parks. For instance, when they scanned our passes at main park it showed visit #36 on the screen, when they scanned at Shores it was visit #1. The meal plan must be a Cedar "Fair" thing rather than seperate park.

I'm not clear on how it's not a "cheat attempt" to try and get two meals per day from a plan that provides one meal per day.

We also noticed more prevalent checking of wristbands, which was nice to see. But they could use still more frequent policing of the pools. We spent a considerable amount of time at the "Outdoor Water Play Area", the zero-entry pool/splash pad that is specifically designed for toddlers, and for a not-insignificant amount of time we had to deal with teenagers (or maybe they were pre-teens, I dunno) creating an unsafe environment for the little ones - running up the slides, wrestling in the pool, trying to go down the slides while standing, etc.

Brandon

^All-season dining is 2 meals per day. They were just trying to get the second meal sooner than the 4 hours needed to elapse before receiving the second meal.

When I used to live near Port Huron, MI, since I was the driver, I would go take a nap by the hotel swimming pools so I wouldn't be too tired for the 3.5 hour drive home that usually started at 12:30am.

Oh, gotcha. Still doesn't make it any less of a cheat though.

Brandon

They allow a 30 minute grace period, no questions asked. I'm sure asking them to give you another 30 minutes of flex isn't the end of the world. They clearly allowed it, so I fail to see how any cheating of the system was done.

Not really a "cheat" but something we got away with...

Every year myself and 10-15 friends drive up from Alabama and stay in the cabins at LP for a few days. After the park closes we sit around and drink a few beers and play games at the picnic table outside. Without fail, at least one night each year a particular member of the group has too much fun and gets to be more than a little obnoxious. So before we left for our trip last year, we photoshopped some western style "wanted" posters with his drunk face on them, and we waited. The morning after he predictably went off the rails, we got the signs and raced to frontier town during ERT, and discreetly put up 10-15 of them all over FT. Then we went back to the cabin, woke him up to go ride, and got to watch his reaction as he stumbled across them one at a time. The signs blended in so well that they were up at least a week after we left. I never did find out when they were taken down.

It wasn't a cheat attempt. It was an attempt to find out for myself what the policy was, since I wasn't clear whether they counted the meals "per visit", that is to say that we had a morning "visit" to the amusement park and an afternoon "visit" to the water park. After all, the "visit" counter on the screen gave one number (36) for the former and a separate number (1) for the latter. I was fully aware of the 4 hour requirement between meals, I simply presented my pass and when told that not enough time had elapsed I had my answer. I said thank you and came back later.

Last time I remember cheating was in Algebra class in high school off of that smart girls paper.

If only there were some other way to find the answer to that question. You know, other than apparently hoping to benefit from an obscure loophole.

Brandon

^^I saw one of those posters, I think I even took a picture of it.

I'm not sure I would consider checking to see how the dining plan works across "two" parks is attempted cheating so much as learning to system. If the rules don't explicitly state that the time frame or allowed number of meals go by day and not visits to separate parks attempting to get the meal is the quickest way to find out. Only attempted cheating if you insist on getting it anyway and if you just ask the employee you might get an answer but they may not know themselves so pretty simple either the system let it happen or not, question answered.

I could have called the park, but I was there, I could have done internet research, but had no access at the time. So, I asked in person, face to face from the lovely associate and that sticks in your craw. Yes, I was hopeful but didn't really care either way.

If you did that, then someone wouldn’t be able to make a PointBuzz Mountain out of a molehill.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

That is interesting that your son was caught at the Breakers. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and used the hot tub 3 separate days. We had our bands on, but I know we were never checked on once.

I wished they enforced the no smoking/vaping rules as well.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service