Gemini Down?

Shane Denmark said:

^ How much shorter would the line have been? Half?

Bingo!

Saw riders getting evacuated from the brake on the final turnaround over Monster this weekend. Got one racing ride early on Friday. Saw only red on the weekend I believe.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

As of Saturday 6/15, Gemini Blue is still parked on the lift. While riding on Red, you could see several intricately woven spider webs on in various seats on the train parked on the lift.

Last edited by Cartwright,

It was running both sides today, according to a video I saw on Facebook.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Confirming both sides were open yesterday (Monday). Got a ride on blue myself.

Last edited by haiderodes01,

I’m living for these play by play accounts of Gemini’s operational status. This is why the internet was invented.

^Haven't seen any updates lately, so...

I was at the park Friday June 21 and Gemini was running both sides!

Yesterday they tried to open both sides but Blue was having operational trouble so it never opened for the day.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

They were testing blue this morning. Never saw it operational though.

The Gemini removal rumor is heating up a bit once again with some stuff on social media and youtube. If they pulled the trigger on it i would say it would be the most significant removal in modern park history. I can't say I'd be shocked, but I bet it would be VERY controversial.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I guess they still haven’t decided if it’s gonna be TAERd down or not yet 🙃

While we were eating lunch (around 12:15 PM) at Backbeat Que on 6/22, we saw a fully loaded blue train stopped on the brake run that is on the lower-level turnaround (approx. straight up from the Monster). There were about 5 ride mechanics swarming around it for a short while before they eventually pushed the train to complete the circuit. We didn't see the blue train run again for the rest of the day.

On Sunday, 6/23, around 11:30 AM we waited in line to ride the red train while they were steadily cycling empty blue trains. We waited about 20 minutes in line and were next to board the red train, but the blue train stopped on the same brake section and they shut down the red train at that time. We were able to ride the red train later that evening, but the blue train was not running.

We saw the empty blue train cycling again this afternoon as we were heading home from the park.

If all the players are ready...at the sound of the bell, ROLL EM!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Gemini is operating both sides.
I will update immediately if anything changes.

**End of transmission**

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

We were there on Friday 6/21 and it appeared that Gemini was running both sides all day, at least what I saw. I ride blue then red, back to back, around 5:00 in the afternoon.

I hope they don't remove it. It's a great ride. It was fun to ride it with my 7 year old daughter for the first time.

Honestly don't want the coaster Yo leave. Is it the best? No, of course not. But it is fun to ride with friends and race each other. The concept is cool and also good for the younger crowd as well

Gemini leaving would be a big downer. It's a really good coaster especially for the younger demo working there way up to the bigger badder ones. My 6 year old LOVED Gemini last year. She rode Magnum and Millennium as well but preferred Gemini & Iron Dragon. Not tall enough yet for the 52" & 54" ones though.

Even though I do not think Gemini is on the chopping block just yet it is fun to imagine what could fit in that space. It's huge! ;)

A dream scenario for me would be a dark ride as that's along the outer parameter of the park and wouldn't really create and obstructed views and a nice decent sized family coaster. Maybe a dueling version of Firechaser Express. Hopefully something with a 48" or lower height restriction. Maybe even a flat ride too.

The new GCI concept from IAAPA is the dream for me if they did remove Gemini

The banners are back in the station

I hope that Gemini doesn’t go away. However if it does, I hope that they replace it with a GCI Wooden Coaster similar to Mystic Timbers but with a better surprise in the shed.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service