Finishing Touches

They need a 'finishing touch' on the websites' download park map. It's dated 2018 and has the dinasours on the island.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Here are a couple pf "finishing touches" I noticed today. First, I rode Troika, Troika,Troika for the first time this season, it is now equipped with retractable seatbelts, similar to the type on Blue Streak. Also, we were seated in purple which has always been the last "color" of the three to lift off. Not so today, it seemed to be the first. Waveswinger also has some nice looking improvements, new chains, new or re-plared seat holders, & fresh seats. Also new seat belt locking mechanisms.

For those who like to criticize the early season "staffing issues", I commend them for the following to mediate the problem: I have noticed some employees that I recognize as office staff working rides & tickets. I noticed the guy who scanned us in wearing a Dorney Park cap. The guy at Troika was wearing one also, I talked to him while we waited. He said since Dorney is not open during the week at this time, CP recruited employees to come to CP to help staffing. I don't know if that is something they have always done but I think it is creative.

We walked on most rides this afternoon, ate a meal from Backbeat, no line whatsoever, saw Megladon & Gravedigger running the course, great visit.

I’m getting pretty tired of the yearly “staffing sucked for opening day” cry. It’s no secret that a lot of people who arrived to CP early were sent to Carowinds and KD to help with their opening. Staffing always sucks. It’s just that nobody noticed in earlier years as much because now there are more attractions and more stands.

I heard a bus full of new employees was supposed to arrive last weekend, however the wheels on the bus weren't put on right so they couldn't make it in.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If we ever meet. I shall buy you a frosty adult beverage of your choice good sir.

Or a Coke. Your choice.

Last edited by Red Garter Rob,

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Thabto said:
I heard a bus full of new employees was supposed to arrive last weekend, however the wheels on the bus weren't put on right so they couldn't make it in.

Oh so is that why the bus valleyed in the Pennsylvania mountains?

ROUNDABOUND.

Thabto said:

Was the bus full at theoretical capacity? Or was it only half full of new employees? I'd hate for the buses to show up and not be at capacity. CP could sue the bus company.

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone get any pictures of the rides with new LED packages?

Brandon

Staffing in May has ALWAYS been difficult. I used to drive up from Ohio State to work May weekends.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

djDaemon asked about photos of the new light packages on some rides. I recommend those interested to watch the youtube video from CoasterBob62 "Opening Day 2019". I just watched it, at approx. 15 minute mark there are are some awesome shots of the lighting on various rides including Matterhorn, Super Himalaya, & others. Boneville looked awesome.

So are the Magnum effects up yet or will they not be until after labor day? Also any word on what was added to CCMR??
I’m also looking for a Disaster Transport or Magnum T-Shirt. Ik they still have retro merchandise (like Earthquake and Jungle Larry’s this year) but if anyone has photos or has seen the DT or Magnum shirts, please let me know!

Last edited by MaxDK,

shenanigans.

On Sunday the Magnum sound effects were the only thing working, but the ride didn't open until around 5pm due to high winds.

CCMR has station music, a gravestone with Matilda Watkins name on it ( I assume she is the mother of Chess), sound effects and lights in the maintenance/storage shed, and a few props from Paddlewheel in the brake run along with drawings for something about Mine shaft #2 expansion. Also the front car from the "lost" train #5 is crashed through the boarded up mineshaft on the midway.

I believe I did see a DT tshirt, but I can't remember where. All the retro shirts are in the same store. They do have some really good merchandise this season.

Last edited by DRE420,

Was at the park today, and staffing did not seem to be an issue at all. There were quite a few stands that were closed, but the park was not crowded at all so this was fine. All rides seemed staffed appropriately.

There was only one point where i felt they were short staffed, and that was when no one was directing cars on where to park to ensure every spot is taken in a row.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

The effects on Magnum are working except for the fog. That was working opening day but I haven’t seen it be a thing since

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Probably too windy for fog effects.

Or maybe the fog machine had its wheels put on wrong.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Go Intamin said:
The effects on Magnum are working except for the fog. That was working opening day but I haven’t seen it be a thing since

I was at the park 5/14 Tuesday afternoon and the fog was working, however it seems to be on a random setting. The first ride I took we got lights. The second ride we got fog, no lights. I though it was pretty cool to not know which effect you’d get.

Last edited by haiderodes01,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service