2019 Dining Plan

^They do. Tweeted them and asked them to put it back on the menu...thanked them in advance for their cooperation...lol

I did really enjoy the chicken at Crystal Rock last year.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I guess they are serving it at Backbeat. Appears not to be on meal plan. Hopefully an oversight.

Like someone doing a pre-season football rankings, I am pretty optimistic about much of the new food coming. Last year I thought the park truly turned a corner, and it seems that they are pushing even harder in the right direction.

I do believe our first sampling will be the perch and crab-cakes at Lakeside.

Promoter of fog.

A few years back, lakeside did have a decent perch for about half a season that quickly switched back to the regular cafeteria fare.

I'm really looking forward to trying what they have to offer at lakeside now, that food service is so much busier than it used to be with the GK plaza.

Its very reassuring that the park has turned the corner, as you said.

Fresh made food can be done cheaper than stander SYSCO/GFS frozen premade options, and are so much better. The staff just has to be trained correctly, they did a great job with Ms. Keats and I think they have this on the right track. Kudos to leadership on this.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The perch sandwich has been my second favorite food item. It seems that you are better off getting it when they are busier so you know it's coming fresh out of the fryer. If it sits any length of time, it just tastes gross. The other meal I really enjoyed were the chili bread bowls at Mrs. Keats in the fall. Hopefully, they bring those back this fall. They are definitely improving their food at CP. Glad they seem to be trying in this area, lately.

Curious to know if the All Season Dining Plan has a 90 minute interval or a 4 hour interval between meals? I think I saw on the website that it's every 4 hours, but I just wanted to confirm with those who actually have one.

Last edited by hnnhwlknsn,

All-Season dining has a 4-hour interval between meals.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

hnnhwlknsn said:

Curious to know if the All Season Dining Plan has a 90 minute interval or a 4 hour interval between meals? I think I saw on the website that it's every 4 hours, but I just wanted to confirm with those who actually have one.

The All-Season dining plan has a 4-hour interval and the Daily dining plan has a 90 minute interval.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

While it says 4, I think their system allows it to be used in a 3 hour 45 minute interval.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

But do you want to be that guy holding up the line for 14 minutes just in case....

Hungry? ;)

Promoter of fog.

Friday HalloWeekends I have done it cause it's such a limited amount of hours the park is open.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I can't believe the Coasters 20th anniversary burger is on the meal plan. It is actually a challenge. You have to eat a 5 patty, 20 oz burger in 20 minutes. You get a winners t shirt if you win and a losers t shirt if you lose. The burger costs $20 by itself, so this is a great deal for the meal plan.

I was looking at the all-season dining plans, and I see there are different prices for Platinum vs regular season passes. I'm sure that's because Platinum is valid at all parks. I have a Platinum pass, but really would only be interested in the dining plan for CP - I only got Platinum for the free parking and may make it to KI or KD once, but that would be it. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the CP-only (cheaper) dining plan if your pass is platinum? $43 for a visit to another park that I may or may not make is something I'd rather not spend if I don't have to.

Last edited by AndyG,

Zoug68 said:

I guess they are serving it at Backbeat. Appears not to be on meal plan. Hopefully an oversight.

They are serving the rotisserie chicken at BackBeat and it is included on the meal plan.

The current meal plan set up for both Hugo's and BackBeat are 1 entree and 1 side. You can choose your entree from any of the menu offerings. Same goes for sides. I enjoyed the rotisserie chicken today at BackBeat and I tried the Chicken Parm sandwich at Hugo's. Both were good and excellent additions to the park.

So again for clarity, as of today (subject to change of course) all entrees at both BackBeat BBQ and Hugo's are available on the meal plan.

Also it appears the Freestyles from Midway Market were the machines moved over by TTD. So we didn't really gain any Freestyle locations. Just easier access to them, as when they were in Midway you had to be a paying customer to the buffet to get access to those machines.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Thank you WolfBobs that was very helpful! Our first trip of the year is RunRide weekend and I hope to try both new places over the 3 days/6 meal redemptions.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Wolfbobs, I wonder how crowded Backbeat was when you were there, we walked past at 10:45am & there was approx. 30 or so people lined up at the entrance for 11:00am opening. When we reached Frontier Town we enjoyed a Chicken Strips & Fries from the place next to Maverick entrance. They were humming along quite well, producing orders very efficiently. Well done!

Jimmyburke, we ate there around 430p and the line was a full indoor queue and to the door. They only had one side open at the time for service but even with that the line hummed along and was about a 10-15min line. The biggest slow down was at the registers. That I chalk up to just not enough time to train employees on every little hiccup that could happen processing an order.

I'm thinking post Memorial Day with proper staffing, both sides open the wait probably would've been less than 5 mins with that crowd level.

I do think they missed the boat with not having more covered seating, like a pavilion outside with a real roof. Poor weather could hurt business there with a lack of properly covered seating. The whole area is gorgeous, just could use a little more cover from inclement weather as there is no indoor seating there.

Covered seating for inclement weather? Why? I thought CP was under a dome?

ROUNDABOUND.

And, just wait for the midges.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service