Matterhorn Sign Getting the LED Treatment

Matterhorn sign gets new bright #LED lights that use 87% less energy.

From Parallax, who brought LEDs to Monster.

https://twitter.com/ParallaxLights/status/1117852795183386625

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Cool, can't wait to see it in the evenings. It likely visually spruces up a ride that has an older feel to it. The electricians had to displace numerous birds nests in this installation. Please do not rock your cars.

This is pretty cool and honestly over due for a lot of the older flat rides.

Hoping this is a trend we see continue. Love seeing bright lighting packages on flats!

Yes, redo all the older flats.

Love riding this classic with my kids. Great to see it get some love!

Promoter of fog.

The single best lighting change they ever made was the giant wheel. Love the park after dark it’s such a beautiful place.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Now if only they can tear down those dull old school strands of Christmas lights on the buildings of the main midway and replace them with something else. I do, however, really enjoy the projection of the CP skyline they did on the side of the coliseum last year.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

New lights are nice, but I’m still hoping for landscaping around Matterhorn and the scrambler (other than cement).

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Yes, something around scrambler and Matterhorn more traditional.... like mud, missing bolts and manure, just like the county fair rides they are.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Misery loves company: Music express could use a fresh up too. Zero curb appeal.

Yes, music express needs lights- lots of them. Turn it into the Himalaya it is.

Last edited by Skydiver,

What about also having the lights flash in sync with the music the ride plays?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Ah yes, watching from the midway.... admiring the lighting package... thinking how beautiful they look.... as they flash in sync with the ride op screaming ‘don’t rock the cars’

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I’ve always felt a landscaped edge in front of Mattherhorn and Scrambler was needed, similar to what they did to the Sky Ride stations a few years ago.

Super Himalaya looks shabby for Cedar Point, it needs a major overhaul with lighting package and music as well.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

Nice!

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Man, seeing these two just makes me wish we had a couple more old-school flats. The return of the Swabinchen would be nice, but I've kind of always wanted a Rainbow, original theming and all. They're so pretty, especially at night.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

GL2CP said:
The single best lighting change they ever made was the giant wheel. Love the park after dark it’s such a beautiful placue.

Completely agree, the big wheel is the best light show on a ride! A lighting display can go really far in the park for not a whole lot of money.

XS NightClub said:
Yes, something around scrambler and Matterhorn more traditional.... like mud, missing bolts and manure, just like the county fair rides they are.

Hahahaha...luv that 😂😂😂

The moving imagery on the arcade wall at Halloweekends is pretty spectacular. People walking, ferris wheel rotation, and if I remember correctly maxair swinging.

Last edited by Webslinger,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service