2019 Teasing Begins...

cpki310 said:

According to the facebook page ' "Dr. Scott's" Pinball Store' - https://www.facebook.com/DrScottsPinballStore

"Just found out that Cedar Point had a sealed bid auction selling off all their pingames and classic arcades. The end of another era. So, sad..."

Well that's some BS. A few games of pinball are a staple of every visit to CP for me.

Well maybe someone should buy land just outside the park, open an arcade, and roll in the coins laughing hysterically at CPs shortsightedness.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

So wait, does that mean that CP is closing the arcade in the Colluseum Building?

No. It means they are selling all the old games in the back area.

The guy at the ticket counter told us last weekend to bring all our ticket receipts next year and they can put them on a card; they are getting rid of the tickets and going digital.

ROUNDABOUND.

Great news! One of the reasons I don't play as much is that I always seem to lose or accidentally destroy those paper receipts that you get for your tickets. A single card that could stay in my wallet is a great convenience!

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Since we are talking paper receipts, how long are those good for? Til the end of the season or do they not expire?

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

As far as I know there is no expiration date, they are good forever.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Cool, thanks.
Some of those games really need an update. Half the whack a mole and skee ball machines seem broke when I'm there.

-Craig

I was so excited to see all of the pinball machines one day way back when and then disheartened to see 90% of them out of order.

https://youtu.be/Tn5eF34Ql5g

I'm sad to see this one go if that's true. Seeing the cue ball that you hit inside the machine always made me laugh. I couldn't even get my dam arms around to hit the flippers when it first came out. LOL

From the Facebook page CPfansite, another poster that seems to tease something happening with Mine Ride:

https://www.facebook.com/CpFansite/photos/a.565083733538014/1910726...=3&theater

-Craig

I have a feeling it is a tie-in with Forbidden Frontier. But that’s just my guess.

It very well could be, but it also leaves the window open for the 2020 season changes; the 69-19 that keeps coming up in the posters points to 2019 as Mine Ride's last season...at least as we know it.

Then again, it could be all too obvious, or just...well...nothing. Or just a celebration of the ride's 50th anniversary.

Isn't that one of the Steel Vengeance characters on there?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

While I appreciate all this teasing, I'm not sure it moves the needle at all for the general public. If they don't start spilling actual details soon, people win begin planning trips elsewhere for the 2019 Summer season.

Kevinj, it's Maverick. His name is in cursive right underneath the logo for the mining compnay.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

cedar cReek Mining Co.

RMC confirmed.

PyroKinesis09 said:

While I appreciate all this teasing, I'm not sure it moves the needle at all for the general public. If they don't start spilling actual details soon, people win begin planning trips elsewhere for the 2019 Summer season.

I don't think these posters are aimed to move the needle for anyone but the enthusiast-y types. I would bet that the large majority of park goers haven't even noticed the posters. This is mainly a way to troll the more hardcore fans, and an inexpensive way to do it. I don't think I want to meet the person who is thinking "I need to know what's happening with Mine Ride in 2019 or I won't book my 3 days at Breakers!"

-Craig

So Mine Ride isn't going anywhere, it doesn't seem like they are doing a major overhaul, and they've done some painting. More to come? Or just making it look nicer?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/a-mine-r-enhancement

-Craig

From the CP post: “Or how about this photo? (Peep the retro White Water Landing trash can - and if I may digress, I bug, er, remind our GM Jason McClure almost daily of how much I miss this ride. He's probably sick of me saying it!)”

I think this is the most interesting part of the post.... alluding to a new WWL, maybe.

Otherwise why even bring it up as a sticker on an old ass trash can.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Sounds like for their 150th they are going to be bringing back something old. Something beloved, and something the fans have been clamoring for for ages.

EARTHQUAKE RIDE!!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service