Pregnant and Haunted Houses

Wording on lanyard is different but these look very similar:

https://www.flashingblinkylights.com/light-up-pumpkin-and-happy-hal...nyard.html

XS NightClub said:

They are ‘haunted’ houses not Disney fun palaces, as a parent plan accordingly.

They are a regional, seasonal amusement park, with staffing issues, poor food quality, and an arguably inadequate maintenance budget. They're not Disney, so plan accordingly.

I don't see the distinction between the two arguments.

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't have scary scare zones - that's their bread & butter during HW, obviously. I'm simply saying charging $12 for this is something I'd expect from the Kinzel era. It reeks of a shortsighted money grab, which, like poor staffing and food quality, could catch up with them in the long run.

Is it, by itself, a huge deal? No, in the same way paying $10 for a mediocre cheeseburger that takes 15 minutes to serve isn't, by itself, a huge deal. But combine the money grab with the cheeseburger, and low capacity due to staffing, and rides being down for extended periods, etc., and that can add up to a real problem eventually.

Brandon

What if, instead of buying a no-boo light, we instead have drones that we can use to shoo away the monsters, and definitely not take unauthorized pictures of the rides? :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

They should make a special NO BOO necklace for people who fear riding roller coasters. That way everyone could ride roller coasters.

They should make a special children’s area with age appropriate rides, attractions, music and theming, like no scare zones and stuff during Halloween..... Oh, wait

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^ Capital idea.
And they could sell MO BOO necklaces for those who wish to be scared?

^^ Thats a great idea until you get a 7-8 year old who is tall enough to enjoy all the 48"+ rides and has been stuck in the same kids zone for the last 5 years. They are going to want to be able to do more that is available to them, and not be forced to effectively leave at 6pm. They are also probably more terrified of a mummy or zombie or whatever scare creation would be walking around. So the NO BOO lanyard is a great way to allow them to walk from one area of the park to another without worrying about something jumping out of the bushes.

$12 is pretty steep, make it $5 and no one will be complaining too much. Thats only a 200% mark up then.

The only open rides that you HAVE to walk through a scare zone to get to are Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Skyhawk, and Wave Swinger. Mine Ride empties into a scare zone, so that can be counted as well. Everything else in the park can be accessed while avoiding the scary stuff.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And there’s a train to get you to SV without having to traverse the horrible scary spaces.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You do have to go through about 100 feet of Tombstone Terrortory to get from the train station to Steel Vengeance.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I never understood the idea that people would purchase those "No Boo" necklaces and still proceed to enter scare zones. What sense does that make? And, like someone else said, why go?

Now, that being said, we buy them for two kids in our family. However, they don't go into any of the scare zones or haunted houses. We buy them only to "protect them" from the wandering, meandering zombies, monsters, witches, etc. that like to occasionally hide behind trees, or walk along beside you down the midway, etc.

How did I NOT know about these! I have been avoiding the scare zones for years...This year I am going to buy and proudly wear one and then run around taunting the screamsters!

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

Let us know how that works out for you.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service