No cell phones... at all

Agree zipped pockets should be allowed, too many tight shorts and careless people ruin it because of their vanity.😞

Weeeeeeeell... Zipped pockets are allowed. It’s the cell phones in the pocket that aren’t allowed.
😜🤪

ROUNDABOUND.

Posting this here cause it's relevant to the topic.

https://polandinenglish.info/38550601/fatal-accident-at-polish-amusement-park

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39289200_6753520128...e=5BF4310E

What a tragedy :(

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

So an employee failing to follow the most basic of safety protocols is relevant to this how?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Can’t you see, if Energylandia had only cared about guest safety as much as Cedar Point and banned cell phones in line, this tragedy would have been averted. Think of all the innocent lives that have been spared thanks to Cedar Point’s commitment to the cheapest, laziest cell phone policy possible.

Technically, the cheapest and laziest would be to have no policy at all.

You forgot: CP Money Grab®️

In my opinion, if Energylandia had strict safety protocols like CF follows (ie: locking out a ride before entering a restricted area so other ride units cannot be dispatched), then things like that could be avoided! It is very sad what had happened to that employee. What I do not know is if other countries are as big on safety as the United States are.

Are you talking about safety, or the appearance of same? I have seen some jaw droppingly idiotic stuff this season in the name of “safety”.

My favorite has got to be the solo operator on a coaster who signaled before crossing the track. That is, there was nobody to receive the signal. Even better: he tripped because he was signaling instead of using the train as a handrail, and he crossed in front of the parked train (going through the train is not an option on this ride).

Yesterday I watched as two ride operators simultaneously checked the same lap bar because their training does not acknowledge the existence of old-style shared drop bars.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

cpki310 said:

Losing keys is my biggest fear. I keep a set clipped to my belt, and another locked in the car. If I should lose my keys, at least security (or a rock) can get me access to my spare set and I can drive home.

This I think is what I miss most about my old Lincoln. I could toss my keys in the trunk, lock the car with the keypad and then unlock it when I came out of the park, pop the trunk and get my keys and purse. I don't understand why fobs are the big thing now. The fob and key for my van take up so much more space than the two door keys for my '85 Buick. That set fits in my wallet.

Just lock and unlock it with your phone.

My 2007 Benz and the 2014 Lincoln both do it.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

^ oh you mean the phone that everyone is saying to leave in your car if you don’t want to buy a locker? That will work well...

ROUNDABOUND.

I’ve started leaving my keys, phone, wallet and crap in the car when we’re doing the water park or ridding SV. I find it liberating. I just rely on the old magnetic hide-a-key with AAA as a back-up.

Paisley,

I don't know about the newer push-button start fobs where you don't normally see the key at all, but you can get nice flat copies for some of the other built-into-a-fob keys. My daughter locked herself out of her car once, thankfully only about a mile from the dealership where we bought it new. They were able to cut an old-style key that works to manually unlock the doors but won't start the car.

Now that you've reminded me of this, I need to ask them if they can do it for the other vehicles.

So, a week ago, at Michigan's Adventure, someone's cell phone flew off Thunderhawk and landed between my friend and a kid as we exited the station.

So, yesterday, I was talking to a friend who had gone to MiAdv a week before us and had HIS phone fly off of the same ride.

All I know is that it's very important I be able to post status updates on Facebook. Don't even try to expect me to use a watch to plan meeting times and stick to them like I had to in the old days.

Went on Steel Vengeance with my family both Saturday night and Sunday for the first time since the policy was put into place, and honestly, I don't see the issue.

It's $1 an hour. So 2, maybe 3, dollars so that people aren't allowed to be stupid enough to keep their phone in an insecure pocket and have it go flying off the ride with the most airtime of all time. I don't know, but that seems reasonable to me.

It was especially nice not to have the distraction of our phones so the 5 of us could actually talk to one another in line. Kinda refreshing having actual conversations in line again.

Not sure if this was posted already but I saw this photo this morning. No info on when/where this photo was taken, but pretty scary if it's real.

Phone lodged on roller coaster wheel for hours after passenger dropped it

Last edited by Manticore1977,

^ It was apparently Griffon at BGW.

Ken P said:

Paisley,

I don't know about the newer push-button start fobs where you don't normally see the key at all, but you can get nice flat copies for some of the other built-into-a-fob keys. My daughter locked herself out of her car once, thankfully only about a mile from the dealership where we bought it new. They were able to cut an old-style key that works to manually unlock the doors but won't start the car.

Now that you've reminded me of this, I need to ask them if they can do it for the other vehicles.

I'll have to see if I can do that. I tried to have a key without a chip made as a spare for my son's truck in case he locked the key and fob in but Walmart refused saying it was a "security concern" yet the guy made a house key for me that the owner of the house did not give me consent to make so...yeah, security issue...

There are other photos of that same phone/wheel from different angles in Sheikra's of Griffon's maintenance shed, so I'm going to say it's real. (it was someone in a Busch Gardens Polo holding it but I don't know which park)

What's so scary about it, is that it could have dislodged at any given time and been sent with a higher rate of speed than just being dropped would have - that could like kill someone who was just standing by and watching

Last edited by e x i t english,

I’ll let ya know about the hidden key inside the fob deal. I hope of have a dummy key made. I had one for my GMC Envoy, it was on a key ring with bill clip that was used just for parks. Hoping to do the same for my new Ram.

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service