millennium force! why 2 trains?

millennium force! why 2 trains?

I would say because there was a serious mechanical problem, so they're running on almost minimum capacity to lower the risk of a collision for guests. We don't need a repeat of Steel Vengeance.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It's a good question. I don't know if I'd go as far to say there's risk of collision, because I think if there were any scenario of a collision that has even a small probability, they would be running only one train, or none at all. With that said, I was wondering the same thing this past weekend. I went on Thursday and Sunday, and both days had very large crowds. The main lot was essentially full on Sunday, and Millennium had around a 75-minute wait in the normal line. But they ran 2-train op all day.

I was just glad it was open at all, and managed 4 rides in the 2 days.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Have they been running the same 2 trains?

Brandon

No at different times all three trains made an appearance over the weekend.

Probably prepping the controls for an RMC conversion...

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Hopefully then they are prepping the brake runs for a B&M conversion...

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I doubt that would work.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

that was in response to making it an RMC conversion, as they have a braking problem. smh

I believe the issue is something to do with the lift motor.

Just a theory, but perhaps they're waiting on parts to do a real fix and have band aided it for now to keep it running, but they half expect it to fail again at some point. Running two trains means less likelihood of an evac from the lift since it will go one speed (fastest) all the way up where as with three trains, it starts slower and speeds up once the holding block is clear.

Could be something like that or maybe just stressing it less and letting it cool a bit more between cycles.

No idea really. Just some ideas. It's definitely nothing to do with the trains because all three have been running at different times. Doubt it's anything that would make a collision more likely as most of those parts (drive tires, motors, etc) are probably on hand. Something more major with the lift motor might not be.

-Matt

I can tell you that for a good part of July as the catch car released as the trains were going over the hill it was making a pretty loud sound that isn't normal. My boat is close to the lift hill and I'm pretty used to the noises that both MF and Valravn make. It was definitely not a sound I have been used to hearing. It was especially pronounced with the red train, to the point that I could tell you when the red train was on the lift without looking. No idea if that's related to what is happening or not.

^ I would honestly believe the sound would have to do with the anti rollbacks. Sometimes they get loose and engage on the way out of the station too. Why are they running only 2 trains though? I do not know.

longer lines = fast lane $. I noticed it was back to 3 trains as the park was closing last night.

Last edited by djcarl,

^That's one of my fears about parks going overboard with FL; however, I would guess the reason has to do with the mechanical stuff. CP has had FL for 6 years now and at no time before now have they run 2 trains on one of their top ridership attractions in peak season.

Last edited by GigaG,

The lift on MF is having issues. Why run three trains and risk the lift becoming ruined before they can fix it? It's going to easily take half a million to fix it with it being that size. If you run two trains with an occasional three, you can spare it until the season is over. If MF is completely broken, that will turn quite a few guests away since it's their favorite ride.

RIP Mean Streak
Past Cedar Point Ride Attendant

umm, ok.

Only half a million? I would have guessed more.

I was there two weeks ago and it was down. I saw 2 maintenance workers at top. Running only 2 trains since. I did hear someone say a wheel came off on a ride, not sure if it was millennium or steel vengeance? Not on the train, be but on the hill. I m guessing steel vengeance. It has a different track system than millennium.

I heard that about 30 feet from the top and felt a little jerk.

Well it happened to top thrill dragster last year. It went down about the same time and didn't get fixed until the last halloweekend.

Last edited by Webslinger,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service