2019 Teasing Begins...

I definitely love the concept. However, I personally don’t think you’d need the actual boardwalk, as that area of the park already had concrete.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Pete said:

"6919 site" is a big clue that the Mine Ride site is being redeveloped for 2019. Number 5 is alive I think references Mine Ride train number 5 that has not been used in years. Mine Ride originally ran 5 trains, the picture of the object with the "5" on it sure looks a lot like the numbers used on the Mine Ride trains. So does "formulating a plan to bring number 5 back into service" mean a redo and enhancement of Mine Ride or does "track is no longer in use and has been permanently abandoned" mean that the ride is history?

I agree about the #5, but where does the 69 come in? It's so interesting...I'm really loving these purposefully confusing teases.

From a Kings Island point of view, it very much sounds like something to do with SOB/Adventure Express (Outpost #5 is connected to both of those attractions), and yet the first thing I thought of when I saw the upside-down 5 was indeed a Cedar Creek Mine Ride train.

Promoter of fog.

CCMR opened in 69. The upside down 5 is obviously for 5 trains and 5 inversions.
And it’s going to run under water too. It’ll be AWESOME!

MrMeSeeks asks....

Cedar Point just got a new coaster. 2019 will have either a new restaurant or a flat ride. I don't understand why they would get a coaster for 2019 when 2020 is the big 150.

Who here remembers what Cedar Point got for their big 125th season?(a)
And for their 124th?(b)

Pete asks...

So does "formulating a plan to bring number 5 back into service" mean a redo and enhancement of Mine Ride or does "track is no longer in use and has been permanently abandoned" mean that the ride is history?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The phrase, "Track 2 is no longer in use, and has been permanently abandoned" was part of the station environment audio on Adventure Express when the ride opened, although I haven't heard it in there in years (maybe because I haven't been in the station long enough to hear it?). Note also that the first tunnel on Adventure Express indicates that it is "Track 2". It is interesting to see the reference to #5 with the photo of what appears to be a Cedar Creek Mine Ride car, though!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

(a): A big-ass ugly screen in front of the Giant Wheel; the Sumer Spectacular show.

(b): Raptor.

--DCAjr

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

How about some bold predictions...

A sign like this about Mine Ride seems to me to mean the end is near. I'll say 2019 is the last year for CCMR.

The comments at the bottom of the poster reference Adventure Express and Son of Beast. Both seem like red herrings to me just to amuse people like us.

With the impending departure of the dinos, I think the 150th season in 2020 will see the return of a nostalgic Paddlewheel type ride, along with whatever will be taking Mine Ride's place.

The park really had a strong backstory for all of Frontier Town that tied in with Steel Vengeance. That obviously is continuing since the character Beauregard Chamberlain is mentioned. I'm guessing the "Number 5 is alive!" plays into the story line related to the name of the new ride. What might they discover as they continue excavating?

Really bold prediction...it's gonna be a dark ride incorporating all of the new Frontier Town theme.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

“Number 5 is ALIVE!” clearly references the 80s movie Short Circuit... I predict a new dark ride themed to that robot that came to life after being hit by lightning, Johnny 5.

ROUNDABOUND.

I would love to see a dark ride themed to a cart ride into a haunted mine. It could tie in really well with Boneville and the area in general. I think that would be amazing in the spot currently occupied by CCMR.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Don’t forget also that earlier this year there was a fictional mayor in Frontiertown who was up for re-election this November. There were cards found that asked for votes, and it clearly said November 2018. CP Food Blog had a photo of it, but like I said it was back in May I believe.

Could be nothing but Carowinds had a similar “mayor” and they ended up with the County Fair area.

Dvo said:

I would love to see a dark ride themed to a cart ride into a haunted mine. It could tie in really well with Boneville and the area in general. I think that would be amazing in the spot currently occupied by CCMR.

And they could name it Mystery Mine. Oh wait - they have that at Dollywood.

^I guess I was thinking more of an interactive ride, possibly a shooter even. But if CP wants to build something to the same level of theming & thrills as Mystery Mine, I'm 100% on board. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

On the conference call they made mention of the success of the refurb of the mine ride at Knott's and is the star performing park this year.

Maybe the parks with mine rides will all be getting refurbishments.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I would be very excited if CCMR was refurbished and updated. I love its location, setting, color, and the fact that my younger daughters love it! The only complaint I have is that it's rough and there is no way a person over 5'10" can comfortably fit their knees in those old trains. Fix those issues and Cedar Point would have a nice family coaster "on its hands" (and one with some history to boot).

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

CCMR could be made so aweosme. New trains, lower height requirement, add a couple tunnels, an enclosed mine scene (I’m thinking the helix before the second lift where you’ll careen into a rocky outcropping with warning bells and a dynamite explosion scene and the final helix with more thematic effects). Oh, and a new flume that winds its way around the area too :)

Chuck Wagon mentioned a possible Paddlewheel type ride. If so, I wonder if they would need new boats if they sold the old ones. Also, is that waterway route navigable still or are there some obstructions? As for the old props, Professor Delbert flaps his cycle wings along Frontier Trail and I have seen a few of the old structures still in place along the water. I wonder if they are in storage, sold, or trashed.

It’ll take more than new trains and some tunnels to make CCMR a good ride in my opinion.

As for a return for PWE, I would absolutely love that. I truly hope this happens

CCMR with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train style trains would be pretty slick. Use the rocking motion to help smooth out the old Arrow transitions.

ROUNDABOUND.

Shane Denmark said:
“Number 5 is ALIVE!” clearly references the 80s movie Short Circuit... I predict a new dark ride themed to that robot that came to life after being hit by lightning, Johnny 5.

I thought I was the only one! Thanks, Shane!

On other stuff in this thread, count me in for bringing back PWE. I miss that boat. Bonus points if you make it a transport with a second entrance under Rougarou or even Iron Dragon if such a connection could be pulled off. This would be a nice reconnect back to the Witches Wheel area which always sucks to get back to. Also I would love to see a nice compact coaster, it would obviously need to be creative with the space but Wildcat was replaced with some bleachers, I'm pretty sure they could find a way to string higher elements over Magnum's pre-lift and maybe relocate Monster.

So for the first time in I’d say Cedar Point history, they’ve built a record breaking ride and have not seen the return in attendance....

It’s time to start thinking like this...

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2018/08/dollywood-unveils-37-mill...cebook&m=1

“The largest new ride to be added is the Dragonflier, a suspended family roller coaster created by Vekoma”

I stopped reading there.

^^ I find it hard to believe that what Dollywood is adding would draw more attendance numbers than a record breaking rollercoaster like Steel Vengeance. There are obviously other factors at work here.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service