Farewell Witches Wheel

Is this the part where we all speculate how it would fit in at Sports Force Park? :)

Cargo Shorts said:

LightDark18 said:
I must be cursed. In 2016, I rode Mean Streak for the first time and its closure came the same year. In 2018, I rode Witches' Wheel for the first time and its closure came the same year. I guess I should stop riding new rides that have been around for a while.

Make a list of what you have yet to ride and we can help map out a strategy. You wouldn’t by chance have skipped that yellow thing on the beach?

Watch it...

No, but didn't a nice plot of land open up at Dorney recently? :)

2005 - Disaster Transport / Iron Dragon ATL

Raising the next generation of Coaster Enthusiasts

I see what Michigan's Adventure is getting in 2019.

Why would CP go through all the hassle of painting and refurbishing the cabins if it wasn't.

HUSS rides are a dying breed.

Does that mean maXair will be going soon. Considering Huss being a dying breed and the constant major mechanical repair that ride requires almost every year.

note: HUSS PARK ATTRACTIONS and HUSS PARTS AND SERVICE are newer companies and not the HUSS company that became world-famous by building rides such as the Enterprise, Pirate, Troika, and others in the 1970s and '80s. HUSS Maschinenfabrik was the company responsible for these rides

Source: wikipedia (for what its worth)

http://www.hussrides.com/en/classic-rides/enterprise-2g2gh

The new gondola-less version would be an excellent replacement for WW if they are moving it to another park. Windseeker style seats side by side with a Windseeker lighting package. yes!

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^ The Zamperla model, Endeavor 48, is much cooler looking. Your feet dangle.

Can’t speak for Maxair, but there’s not many HUSS giant frisbees that I recall . Cedar Fair most recent installation (kings dominion) is a Mondail model.

Doesn’t Mondial make the Windseeker troubled rides?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Cedar Fair seems to like HUSS Troikas... they just installed a bunch of used ones and renovated KI's. Perhaps they didn't have such luck with maintenance on the Enterprise models.

Yes Windseeker is Mondial. Are they really that troubled or is just wind speeds?

I could see a new flat ride being built in this location. The park is certainly due for one the size of Skyhawk/maXair.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Cargo Shorts said:
Yes Windseeker is Mondial. Are they really that troubled or is just wind speeds?

Wind speeds.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

^They had some highly publicized issues early on, including getting stuck for hours at Knotts and also getting stuck due to a hardware failure at CP, and I still see Windseeker has to e-stop and lower fairly often, but perhaps its seemingly high rate of breakdowns is due to the fact that any e-stop on it is instantly noticeable throughout a large chunk of the park.

Not sure if the 70s-80s era HUSS made their own special hydronic systems or what. Kennywood was having major trouble with their enterprise (rebranded volcano) for multiple years in a row, finally removing it last year only to replace it with a working model from Lake Compounce. Tic tic tic toc

Very sad. I can't.... rather won't dare to ride anymore because of the spinning. However what fun times spent on WW over the years with girl friends or just riding in the cabin giggling.

Is there a newer model out there or just working ones? Doesn't matter more than likely because I've never seen CP trade in the older model for a shiny new one like I do with my car every 3 years ;)

It's an interesting little plot of land. Maybe one of those Top Spins is possible in that location?

Witch’s Wheel opened my last season working in the park. CP has gotten many years of service out of it. If it’s leaving, let’s do it in style: EXPLOSIVES!

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

That is how they took down the Space Spiral...

But I suspect Witches Wheel will be lifted out with a crane and loaded on a flatbed truck. I don't think they even remoted the hydraulics on that thing as they normally do.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

JohnMosesBrowning said:
If it’s leaving, let’s do it in style: EXPLOSIVES!

Let’s get it spinning really, really fast first so we can see how far it travels down the midway. Hold my beer....

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service