Farewell Witches Wheel

Last day will be September 3rd. Let the rumors begin!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/witch-way-to-magnum

Last edited by CPboy77,

Relevant Link:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/witch-way-to-magnum

EDIT: CPBoy77 beat me to it.

Last edited by GigaG,

Seems like an odd piece of land to free up, unless it’s for another flat of similar size/dimensions, given the refurb of the rides next to it during the pipe scream install. . Or yet another 3 point challenge.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I sure hope they're not thinking about doing anything to Magnum :(

Nooooooooooo! My kids love that ride. I loved the Enterprises as a kid as well, not so much anymore. Come to think of it my Dad wasn’t to fond of it.

Could they really fit a station there for a coaster running over to Millennium Island? Seems tight.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Good riddance. Makes sense as to why we have seen marking all around that ride since the beginning of the season.

Well, drats. I love Witches Wheel -- I always have. It was my first "big girl" ride in 1978. I ride it pretty much every visit. Here's hoping for something just as fun in its place!

I must be cursed. In 2016, I rode Mean Streak for the first time and its closure came the same year. In 2018, I rode Witches' Wheel for the first time and its closure came the same year. I guess I should stop riding new rides that have been around for a while.

Overall, I'm reserving judgment on this removal until they formally announce their 2019 plans. While the park is definitely bloated with flats, I think that CP needed an Enterprise in their lineup. The closest flat in the park that delivers those positive G's is maXair, and while that is a better ride, it's a fairly different ride experience.

I'm not devastated by its removal, but I think it was a solid enough ride to warrant keeping it for a while longer, especially with the newly painted gondolas. However, knowing CP, I'm sure the 2019 project will be well worth the removal.

Bringing back a tunnel under the road to Breakers, I’m sure guests are clamoring for another flooded exit during rainstorms.

LightDark18 said:

I'm not devastated by its removal, but I think it was a solid enough ride to warrant keeping it for a while longer, especially with the newly painted gondolas. However, knowing CP, I'm sure the 2019 project will be well worth the removal.

The ride was plagued with mechanical issues that can not be fixed during regular operating time. Last season the park was having issues with the ride operating and it was unable to complete a full cycle during most of the Halloweekends.

The maintenance is just putting band-aids on a cut needs stitches. She needs to go.

RIP Mean Streak
Past Cedar Point Ride Attendant

Aaaaand now there are 4 different threads regarding a ride that half of us haven’t been on since the early 2000s

LightDark18 said:
I must be cursed. In 2016, I rode Mean Streak for the first time and its closure came the same year. In 2018, I rode Witches' Wheel for the first time and its closure came the same year. I guess I should stop riding new rides that have been around for a while.

Make a list of what you have yet to ride and we can help map out a strategy. You wouldn’t by chance have skipped that yellow thing on the beach?

Interesting, as the cabs were all repainted this past winter.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

Rode it in 77, 90 and one other time. Can't say I'm sad to see it go.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

Well I didn't ride it too much because my friends that I usually go with aren't fond of getting dizzy. I have ridden it before and loved it. I'm sad to see it go because it's part of Cedar Point history.

Mr. Potato said:
Interesting, as the cabs were all repainted this past winter.

Perhaps the 5 year plan is now a 5 month plan.

LightDark18 said:

2009 was my first year working at Cedar Point. I rode Demon Drop for my first and only time in my life before it got moved it to Dorney park.

One of CP's best flat rides in my opinion, I'm sad to see it go. Usually rode it at least once each visit, still was a very fun ride!

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

As usual, you can count on me to mourn the (relatively) unloved. Witches' Wheel is one of the rides I associate most strongly with Cedar Point as it was in my childhood. Its distinctive name and dramatic appearance as it went to vertical at night always made it stand out. I remember when I was very young, hearing other kids brag about being on the Witches' Wheel, while I was still afraid of it. (I didn't get over my fear of fast rides until I was embarrassingly old.) I am probably going to make a special trip before the closure, just as I did for Disaster Transport, to take copious photos and have my last rides.

Looks like they’re getting ready for Larson International to install the park’s 19th roller coaster. It just might break the record for number of loops too! 😉

Richie A.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service