Haunt Suggestions

I actually like Kings Island's haunts better than Cedar Point's.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Kings Island is much less family-friendly during Haunt hours than Cedar Point. This extends to the mazes as well.

Maverick since '99

Honestly after hearing all the changes that will be made this Halloweekends I'm thoroughly excited with everything I just would have done one thing differently! I will explain that after I give my full opinion on the new changes.

First of all Midnight Syndicate coming back in 2017 is going to be off the charts I think its going to be a great show to liven up the Zombie High School area at night!

I am excited to see what Deprivation - No Way Out has to show to everyone I think this is going to be a great haunt with great potential I am a little sad to see the Wax Museam go I think the Wax Museum was at its best years and peak when they had the ring announcers on the outside would give entertainment to the people in the line. I do think that No Way Out will be most interesting and could be a spinoff of blackout at Kings Island which would be pretty cool!

Now lets talk about Harvest Fear, I think this is an intriguing move by Cedar Point to put the walk through in this area because well basically almost every haunt is out by Maverick at this point negating Zombie High, Hexed, Erie Estate, and Blood On the Bayou! I love the themeing and idea for the haunt but not so much the location! I think its time to put a walk trough up front and liven up the front more. In the past they had Fear Fair and CarnEVIL at the front before those both had a good run so why couldn't they put Harvest Fear out by Hexed and Gatekeeper or something spread out the haunts more!

Now here is where we get tricky I think Fairgrounds Freak show is going to be the BEST HAUNT mark my word, the only problem is they got rid of one of the best haunts in the process Eternity Infirmary in my opinion. I am honestly excited but sad I have thought of a rare way here they could have done both of these haunts let me explain the one thing I would have done differently!

I would have kept Eternity Infirmary solely for the hospital theme! I loved the siren noise from time to time and I enjoyed the energy it brought in from night to night. I would have kept this haunt throughout the 2017 season so here my haunt suggestion.

I would have BROUGHT BACK CARNEVIL in camp snoopy for 2017 the first ever brought back haunt in Cedar Point history they have never revived an old haunt I think the legendary CarnEVIL in camp snoopy would be equal to or if not better than Fairgrounds Freak show I'm going to give Freak show the benefit of the doubt the simply because I have not been through the haunt yet.

So my haunt lineup for 2017 would instead be this:

Houses: No Way Out, Eternity Infirmary, Zombie High School, Hexed, Erie Estate, and Slaughterhouse

Scare zones: CarnEVIL, Cut Throat Cove, Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory, Cornstalkers, Screamworks, and Blood On The Bayou

Last edited by Shaun Miller,

I 100% agree with you that there should be a Haunt zone at the front of the park. I'm extremely excited for Deprivation as well.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I am going to post haunts I miss and hope they return......

1. HAPPY JACKS! Loved this haunt and would love to see it return. My idea would be to replace Hexed with it or Eerie estates in the future. I like Hexed and eerie, but as a future potential idea, it could work.

2. Another Medieval theme like Fear faire. The picnic pavilion worked well and anything medieval works perfect on Halloween.

3. An alien, tech, or space theme! I love techy science themes like Frankenstein's lab or outer space alien experiences. Anything where creepy experiments go wrong and we have to witness it! this would be an indoor haunt and I think it can replace Zombie high school in the future.

Haunts that need an over-haul...

1. Corn stalkers. Seriously. This one has been disappointing for a long time and needs to be either spiced up with more fog, actors, props, and music. It's literally just a maze with some stalks and maybe 3 actors! Lame!

2. Mechanical screamworks. I used to love this one, but recently they wimped out on the props, music and last time I went, there were maybe 4 actors scaring people.

Hopefully Halloweekends is better this year and I can go home impressed!

Last edited by Miss_Maverick07,

Oi, I know it's December, but I have an idea. Miss_Maverick, I like your ideas, but how about this? A surreal-themed haunted maze. That would be quite freaky. Instead of employing actors that scare you, they have illusions that mess with your head. Think the Oregon Vortex height change...maybe forced perspective and odd sounds?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Well it's that time of the year again, Haunt preparation is in it's early stages. I was just at the park today and went to most of the storage locations and haunt locations from the past year to look for any hints or preparation for this years event. I know that it's still only July but I'm just so excited for this years event. What are some of your earl predictions for this years event?

I predict that it will begin after Labor Day and finish on Oct. 28th. I predict large crowds, long lines, grumbling pointbuzz commentators, complaints about parking & staffing, a couple foul weather days.

I predict that my son will again work Slaughterhouse, he is re-applying later in the week. He better get hired, he needs to pay me back for the 99 Ford I got him.

jimmyburke said:

I predict that it will begin after Labor Day and finish on Oct. 28th. I predict large crowds, long lines, grumbling pointbuzz commentators, complaints about parking & staffing, a couple foul weather days.

I predict that my son will again work Slaughterhouse, he is re-applying later in the week. He better get hired, he needs to pay me back for the 99 Ford I got him.

The start date is September 14th. I saw a sign in the park that confirmed that is the official start date. All of the things stated above are true! That is definitely Halloweekends in a nutshell. As true as it is I am still very excited about the event and can't wait to go. Also that is so cool thatt your sone is a scare actor!

I'm going to continue to vote for the Antique Cars to be turned into a Haunt ride.

Maverick since '99

CP Maverick said:

I'm going to continue to vote for the Antique Cars to be turned into a Haunt ride.

I really really like that idea a lot, but unfortunately I don't ever see it happening :(

Why not? Other parks do it and it’s always a hit.
It would be interesting at that location. They could build tunnels and tall scenery for the scares and the non riders would be able to see and hear the commotion from the midway.

RCMAC said:

Why not? Other parks do it and it’s always a hit.
It would be interesting at that location. They could build tunnels and tall scenery for the scares and the non riders would be able to see and hear the commotion from the midway.

It's not that it couldn't happen or that it shouldn't. I just think that Having Harvest Fear right in the area by the cars in Frontier Town (I guess they could do the ones by Valravn) would already be enough for that area. Also those rides are very popular with families and we all know CP will always try and baby things down fr the families benefit.

My predictions for this years event are that Cornstalkers will get a Dark Harvest/Field OF Screams makeover and that Screamworks will be replaced. I think all the houses are safe for this year. Same 6 as last year.

I like where this is headed. But does anyone else want to see a haunted house that has some kind of elaborate story or one that relies on optical illusions and some actors to do the scares. Seriously though, why does Cedar Point even bother with trying to tone down haunt intensities for families? They're supposed to be scary. Not all kids can handle this kind of stuff, but some can.

I'd rather be sailing

In the past they handed out Halloween candy on the Cadillac Cars and I believe there was scenic along the course too. I doubt they’ll ever go back to that for safety reasons.

As for this year? I’d like to see Screamworks return back to its roots as the original Fright Zone.

99er said:

In the past they handed out Halloween candy on the Cadillac Cars and I believe there was scenic along the course too. I doubt they’ll ever go back to that for safety reasons.

As for this year? I’d like to see Screamworks return back to its roots as the original Fright Zone.

I think we will see a change to Screamworks this year but it won't be back to Fright Zone. Something about Cedar Point tells me they would never bring something back no matter how popular it was.

I wouldn’t say never. I’d bet that they would take a look in the past and bring back a theme that was a good fit for an area or was a big hit. The park wouldn’t necessarily need to recycle the name but stick to the original theme of the Fright Zone.

They could call it Scary Path.

No. Nonononono. That would be to obvious. It needs something different.

I'd rather be sailing

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service