June 17th and 18th 2018 - A tale of 2 trips

We went Father's Day 2018 and the following Monday, June 18, 2018. This was the "winter special" that included the Fast Pass+ in the hotel deal. So we prepaid for a trip December through March with expectations of a smooth trip.

June 17th - We stayed in Toledo, so we could arrive at CP at 8 AM, to get our tickets and Fast Passes. We took our tickets to the FP+ counter in the Breakers, and they took the tickets, and gave us wristbands. We get to the Resort entrance at 9AM, and NOPE, the wristband alone does NOT get you into the park! So we had to go all the way back, talk to the FP+ women, ask for our tickets back. She had to go back to the Resort entrance, walk back, and she still screwed it up.

Long story short, we lost all of the early entry time, and it took 4 people to fix this screw up which went into the next day, where they said we "used up the FP+ already". No, it was for both days. After much shouting, we finally got someone who knew what she was doing, and got it fixed, with 4 quick service meals comped.

Hey, CP, for $1400 I expected MUCH better service and things to work! I have been a guest since 1979, and since 2013 stayed at Castaway Bay and Breakers every year with my family. I have seen customer service plummet since 2013!

I know it's hard to staff CP, and I try not to be xenophobic, but I think CP should vet the foreign workers more on their English speaking skills.

And a hot dog stand should have hot dogs ready at all times, not a 15 minute wait at noon. Service is plummeting.

But the rest of the trip was amazing of course, so what does one do? Is it even worth complaining about? I really do ask others on these boards, because CP cannot be touched in terms of thrill rides and the happiness it brings my family - it tops Disney for me.

So it was a tale of two trips, the worst in customer service, and the best in entertainment.

TMAN264 said:

...and they took the tickets, and gave us wristbands. We get to the Resort entrance at 9AM, and NOPE, the wristband alone does NOT get you into the park!

I have been a guest since 1979, and since 2013 stayed at Castaway Bay and Breakers every year with my family.

While I don't excuse the error on the park's part, how is it that you've stayed there every year for the last 6 years and didn't know that FP bands don't get you ERT? I mean, they don't even open FP lines until after ERT.

After much shouting...

Yikes.

Brandon

Sorry I didn't see this. It was the first year we have used FP, and I incorrectly assumed the FP band was also the ticket.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

^ I just read at least 3 threads with you using the acronym “FP”. I assume this means “Fast Pass”? At Cedar Point, it is called Fast LANE!

TwistedWicker77 said:

^ I just read at least 3 threads with you using the acronym “FP”. I assume this means “Fast Pass”? At Cedar Point, it is called Fast LANE!

LOL, thanks, I'll remember that!

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service