Can a 250 lb 5'10" man fit on the Steel Vengance ride?

Still won’t leave my head...

RCMAC said:

Still won’t leave my head...

Here, let me add the fact I am still chaffed 3 days later.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

TMAN would you mind sharing your hip and thigh size? I would appreciate it very much to get an idea if I can fit. I feel like this is the most important thing on lap bars.

I’m 6’3” 290lbs+. I fit with some help on 8 of our 9 attempts. Last attempt was a walk of shame. Strange since we rode and got right back in line. Didn’t go get the meat sweats at Famous Daves or anything like that. Guy just kinda nudged the bar and said no go. Whatever, I was too tired to argue.

ROUNDABOUND.

Redone said:

TMAN would you mind sharing your hip and thigh size? I would appreciate it very much to get an idea if I can fit. I feel like this is the most important thing on lap bars.

I wear 42" waistband, but it has elastic, so probably 44". I am not sure what you mean by measure thighs and hips other than to get a tape measure? My wife says I have large thighs.

My Facebook name is Thumblewort Jenkins if you want to see a video of me a week before we left...and no, I am not in the compression shorts!

Regarding thigh size - I need a lot of help to ride TTD ans MF, but I didn't do the Walk of Shame this trip on either.

Last edited by TMAN264,

So a 6 foot 285lb man (me) rode twisted timbers at kings dominion. my understanding is that steel vengeance has a similar restraint system. By the way twisted timbers was surprisingly a very good ride, can’t imagine what steel vengeance must be like.

Sadly July 5th at kings dominion was pretty
Dead. This was once a very busy park all summer long. Times have changed at KD.

More entertainment options without hooligans running around unchecked will do that.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'm a 5'11", 305lbs and I fit. Not ideally but I fit. You should he fine.

Got back from a 10 day amusement park tour on July 8th weighing 203 pounds. By cutting out the crappy food for the most part since then, but cheating some, I lost 20 pounds in 23 days. If anyone is just barely not fitting in these rides, cut out the crap, drink lots of water and eat 3 healthier meals and 2 or 3 healthier snacks, everyday, and your metabolism will kick in and you won't believe the results you can have.

The main foods I've been eating are eggs, low sugar instant oatmeal, granola bars and chicken breasts. Take a weeks worth of these food items with you to work if you have a refrigerator handy. Hate to sound like a major "As Seen on TV" nerd, but the Nuwave Oven makes the best chicken breasts. I even use marinade on them for flavor. While some carbs are fine for energy during the day, avoid them with dinner.

How strongly you desire to ride these rides comfortably is up to you. I can't imagine being stapled in EVERY time would be a whole lot of fun.

Do you want to treat yourself to ice cream or do you want to treat yourself to an enjoyable ride on Steel Vengeance?

And anyone wanting to say it was easy for me because I'm young, I actually turned 50 while on that tour last month. My major motivation to lose it this time is because I sweated like a pig on that trip and I still have Burning Man in a few weeks and don't want to be lugging that extra weight around while in the desert for 12 days.

Last edited by Zoug68,

^ ugh I’m sick of these NuWave Oven ads popping up

Down to 268 and rode SV without compression shorts on the 3rd day there. Not sure how close I am for the walk of shame, but SV seems to be ok for me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service