Can a 250 lb 5'10" man fit on the Steel Vengance ride?

Hey all,

Can a 250 lb 5'10" man (that's me) fit on the new ride?

Depends where you carry your weight.

That’s why there’s a test seat.

You will NOT get an accurate answer on here as nobody knows how your weight is distributed.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'm 6'4", 260lbs and I fit and rode it just fine. However, it was the tightest lap harness I've ever been in. It was squishing certain areas, if you know what I mean. Definitely try the test seat fully strapped in before waiting in the long line.

I’m around the same stats and I fit fine, but I have basically no butt it’s all above the waist so lap bars aren’t a big problem.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I am 5'11" 275 with a big gut and big thighs. I barely make the cut. Sometimes I make a fist and punch down on the lap bar to get the bar down far enough for the green light. When I use the test seat it comes up red, so you may want to just chance it and risk the walk of shame.

Last edited by Samurai,

I'm 5'9" 254 and I didn't have a problem on Steel Vengeance. I needed help to get the belt locked on Top Thrill Dragster's test seat. Didn't get to ride yet because it went down. Valraven and Gate Keeper were very tight for me. But I had no problem on Steel Vengeance and my gut kept the bar up so I got real airtime.

I'm five-seven, 211lbs. The only ride I wouldn't expect to fit on is Wicked Twister. Is that accurate or should I lose weight fast (thinking of flying across the pond in mid June)?

If we build it, they will come.

5'7" 211 should be fine unless you have a very unusual shape.

Big thighs, butt and belly :-p Skinny arms :-( Need to hit that gym again hardcore.

If we build it, they will come.

Another tip for fat guys: put your belt buckle on your side. It was hurting me the first day and now I feel much better on several rides.

I'm 5'8 and 216 lbs, never had an issue fitting on anything, and I was definitely over 220 last time I went. However I am a woman, not sure it that makes a difference, but losing weight never hurts if you can.

I will be there Sunday and Monday and will let you know. I am 5' 9" and 275, but have big arms and chest. Yes, I should have done better dieting the last 3 months, this is scaring me now.

It is possible you fit but it is going to be close. When you get to the station there is a flatscreen with the train and green and red lights for each seat. Get familiar with reading it so you can see your light. The train is labeled by car and row like 2-2 is second car, second row of the car. Then you can see your side of the train. Once you know which light is yours, you can see if your bar is low enough before the ride ops see it. You want your light to turn green. They will push the bar for you and then check the lights when they are done. You can get to work forcing the bar lower before they return if you are still red. Just slide your butt back as far as possible and try to get as much of your gut over the bar as you can and use momentum to force it down. I think I saw a few people larger than me riding so you are in the ballpark even though I had to do some forcing myself. I think I could have squeezed more out of it if necessary. If you do not get it to go green, they will come back to you and give you a push. If you already have it down as far as possible the extra help may get you there. Also this is not healthy but being fasted and dehydrated will help. You can do that they day before, test early, and go from there.

Say NO to Maverick!

Front Seat Rider said:

It is possible you fit but it is going to be close. When you get to the station there is a flatscreen with the train and green and red lights for each seat. Get familiar with reading it so you can see your light. The train is labeled by car and row like 2-2 is second car, second row of the car. Then you can see your side of the train. Once you know which light is yours, you can see if your bar is low enough before the ride ops see it. You want your light to turn green. They will push the bar for you and then check the lights when they are done. You can get to work forcing the bar lower before they return if you are still red. Just slide your butt back as far as possible and try to get as much of your gut over the bar as you can and use momentum to force it down. I think I saw a few people larger than me riding so you are in the ballpark even though I had to do some forcing myself. I think I could have squeezed more out of it if necessary. If you do not get it to go green, they will come back to you and give you a push. If you already have it down as far as possible the extra help may get you there. Also this is not healthy but being fasted and dehydrated will help. You can do that they day before, test early, and go from there.

Thanks! I have ridden TTR and MF on and off the past few years with thin shorts. 2017 was a bust, but the RO's seemed less than thrilled at the test seat area. We are leaving from Toledo on Sunday and will be at the resort area by 8, and yes, I will be dehydrated and fasting!

TMAN, I'm 5'8" 260, and most of my weight is centered in my stomach and thighs. I got in with no trouble whatsoever (except that the seat belt initially caught because I pulled it too fast). My waist size, if I pull my belt as tight as I can, is 39. Hopefully this helps.

TheMissingLincc do you fit in Millenium Force and Dragster?

Yes, it's close, and I needed some help from the ride ops, but I fit.

# of rainy back row night rides after the park closes on Steel Vengeance: 1

Ok, as of Sunday (Father's Day 2018) I was 5'9", 275. My weight is in my thighs and beer gut. I wore compression shorts under a pair of VERY thin shorts with nothing in the pockets.

Steel Vengeance - Test Seat required a small push does, as did the ride. Rode 6 times in 2 days. I could have ridden 26 times, the crowds were that light, but my nearly 50 year old brain and legs said 6 was enough.

TTD - barley a fit, but yes! Rode twice as family will not ride.

Millenium Force - Easy fit early, harder as the day went on due to food and pop, but never had to do the walk of shame! 7 rides in 2 days.

I think it was the compression shorts ( 2 sizes too small) because I was 5 pounds lighter in August of 2017 and wasn't even close to MF and TTD.

Uh oh. I’m getting a visual....

RCMAC said:

Uh oh. I’m getting a visual....

Ha ha, I had other shorts on!

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service