What Housing Would You Recommend?

It's my first year at Cedar Point. I will be applying for employee housing, but I don't know the differences between them.
An example of this would be Commons Campus Dorms and Commons Campus Suites. How do those two differ besides price point?
Which one would you recommend as best?

#20in2020

Commons Dorms are just that, they're dorms located not too far off point. They're about the size of the average college dorm room and house 3-4 people depending on the building. The upside of these dorms is that they have heating and air conditioning, and each person gets a locker. 1600's (Valravn House) are the newest and nicest dorms.

The Commons suites are apartments located in the same complex, each room houses I believe 2-4 people, with 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms per apartment. These bathrooms are to be cleaned by the associates who live there. Bedrooms are not air conditioned, but common areas are. Also worth noting, these apartments do not have a kitchen.

The third option is the cedars dorms. These dorms are located on the peninsula, behind HR. They house 2-4 associates per room. They do NOT have air conditioning, although you can bring your own window unit. These dorms are by far the oldest, and not the nicest.

All of this said, I prefer cedars or "valravn house". Cesar's for the convenience of walking to work, valravn house cause it's the nicest dorms when cedars is not open. Hope this helps!

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

samosuband said:

Commons Dorms are just that, they're dorms located not too far off point. They're about the size of the average college dorm room and house 3-4 people depending on the building. The upside of these dorms is that they have heating and air conditioning, and each person gets a locker. 1600's (Valravn House) are the newest and nicest dorms.

The Commons suites are apartments located in the same complex, each room houses I believe 2-4 people, with 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms per apartment. These bathrooms are to be cleaned by the associates who live there. Bedrooms are not air conditioned, but common areas are. Also worth noting, these apartments do not have a kitchen.

The third option is the cedars dorms. These dorms are located on the peninsula, behind HR. They house 2-4 associates per room. They do NOT have air conditioning, although you can bring your own window unit. These dorms are by far the oldest, and not the nicest.

All of this said, I prefer cedars or "valravn house". Cesar's for the convenience of walking to work, valravn house cause it's the nicest dorms when cedars is not open. Hope this helps!

It does help. Thanks! Do you happen to have a photo of Valravn House I could see?

I also saw an option for "Bayside Apartments". What can people tell me about those?

Bayside will not be an option for you. Those apartments are reserved for Area Supervisors and higher, Live Entertainment, Security, and interns.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Samosuband -- can you provide information about Bayside please? (I am FOH Supervisor for this season). Where are they located, true apartment (kitchen in each apartment?), how many bedrooms? Are they shared bedrooms or are any private bedrooms?

thank you in advance.

Last edited by EMUhrm,

They are located across the street from Commons. If you've ever seen the A-frame houses on the left side of the causeway when approaching the park, Bayside is the buildings just before those. They are true apartments, with a kitchen in each apartment.
I'm not certain on the exact numbers, but I believe they range from 3-4 bedrooms with 2-3 people in each room. Also worth noting each apartment has one bathroom, and air conditioning in the living room area only, not the bedrooms.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service