Could Steel Vengeance have a media event?

No less than 4 posts mocking enthusiasts or passholders in one page...

That said, I hope this event goes well! The one-ride-per-passholder thing is probably to prevent the packing that happened at Valravn. (If they didn't limit the tickets, you'd probably end up only getting one or two rides anyways, maybe SLIGHTLY more, and you'd have to wait in a massive line like Valravn OSU/Passholder day. While in this case, they're shortening the amount of time you have to spend in line by assigning your time.)

You are on the internet and you are seriously counting and tracking the posts that are, in your opinion, ‘mocking’ people?

I think it’s great that they spread the event out the way they did for this event.
It will make it easier to manage for the park and far less of a chance for people in group/pack mentality to be jerks over the free event.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^I never said I didn't think it was a good idea.

XS, the guy isn't crazy. (It really isn't hard to count up to 4)

A pretty awesome opportunity for those that can attend has been announced. Instead of a "thank you" to the park it turned into a drinking game or who will shell out the cash for charity.

Can't make it to any of these events. Maybe the charity one cause it falls on a Friday. Either way thanks CP for the opportunity. I'll be there mid May either way :D

Quite a cynical view of those comments that were clearly made in jest. But the fact is that the comments are based in reality.

Which is probably part of the reason the park is handling media/preview days the way they are. They are clearly trying something new with this approach; which just so happens to keep enthusiasts out of a media day which should clearly be focused on park promotion, and providing a multi-day appreciation event for enthusiasts that will be ticketed and spread out over multiple days to make the events easier to manage the attendees.

Of course, everyone is thankful that the park is offering this event. The fact that its over multiple days will make it easier for even more people to be able to enjoy the parks appreciation of their Passholders (not just enthusiasts). I sincerely hope that the event goes flawlessly and the people are appropriately behaved and appreciative of the generosity provided from the management team.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

For the record, I think it's awesome the park is trying this out. It's way above and beyond what they "need" to do and I think it is a great thank you to passholders. Plus, it probably works in their favor as some people will do this and skip Opening Day, which may help spread the crowds just a bit.

Also for the record, I know how some folks behave at these events. I have seen it in person and read angry, demeaning posts on this very site. Hence the drinking game idea.

As someone who lives two states away, I was hoping the "preview" events would be on the days leading up to opening day, since I likely won't be making the trek two weeks in a row. How am I to be made whole?

I kid. The park is going above & beyond for the grand opening of SV, so that's awesome. I do wish I could be there, but I'll have to wait until the Grand Opening weekend. Enjoy the early rides!

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Kind of confused about how the one-time boarding pass will work. Would they have assigned times? If they didn't, you'd probably end up with a huge rush at 4pm and another at 10pm (night ride). In addition, would you be able to choose your seat? Because I imagine 90% of the passholders will be going for back row exclusively (myself included).

Photofishinjoe said:

Does anybody recall how much the valravn benefit was per ticket, not the first rider? I remember that being pretty costly.
Thanks

I went to the Valravn First Rider and it was right around $75.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

What a joke. I'm supposed to drive ALL THE WAY out there for one measly ride? Sheesh thanks for throwing us a bone. I have a platinum pass, I should get unlimited rides.

And why isn't Maverick open too? It's in the middle of Frontier Town! And Millennium Force! It kind of goes through Frontier Town! Way to be cheap CP, thanks for the Mine Ride I guess.

Free food? Great, I bet it won't be anything good. They should have Bay Harbor or Famous Daves or something.

And they didn't mention swag. I think we should all get a Steel Vengeance hoodie or something. Yes I know that I can BUY one, but WHY would I do this after I already spent money on a platinum pass? Jeez.

(Just to be safe, this whole post has the most sarcastic tone I can possibly come up with. I'll be there on May 1. (hopefully))

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Not to be THAT guy, but Maverick will be open.

operative_me said:

What a joke. I'm supposed to drive ALL THE WAY out there for one measly ride? Sheesh thanks for throwing us a bone. I have a platinum pass, I should get unlimited rides.

And why isn't Maverick open too? It's in the middle of Frontier Town! And Millennium Force! It kind of goes through Frontier Town! Way to be cheap CP, thanks for the Mine Ride I guess.

Free food? Great, I bet it won't be anything good. They should have Bay Harbor or Famous Daves or something.

And they didn't mention swag. I think we should all get a Steel Vengeance hoodie or something. Yes I know that I can BUY one, but WHY would I do this after I already spent money on a platinum pass? Jeez.

(Just to be safe, this whole post has the most sarcastic tone I can possibly come up with. I'll be there on May 1. (hopefully))

I'm so glad for your last thought....as I sat here reading it...i just thought....really?

PS. I love your record of lifetime laps on Woodstock Express, congratulations on that achievement.

~chugh43

LightDark18 said:

Not to be THAT guy, but Maverick will be open.

Ahhhh I'm a dumb***. I really want to edit it, but I'll let it stand as a monument to my stupidity. Or I can stammer something about it won't open because they'll be replacing the heartline roll or something idiotic like that.

chugh43 said:

I'm so glad for your last thought....as I sat here reading it...i just thought....really?

PS. I love your record of lifetime laps on Woodstock Express, congratulations on that achievement.

I have roughly 3 billion laps on the ride formerly known as Jr. Gemini but the last of those was probably in 1983 or 1984.

-Craig

LightDark18 said:

Kind of confused about how the one-time boarding pass will work. Would they have assigned times? If they didn't, you'd probably end up with a huge rush at 4pm and another at 10pm (night ride). In addition, would you be able to choose your seat? Because I imagine 90% of the passholders will be going for back row exclusively (myself included).

Since 1) you have from 4 - 10, and 2) it's limited to passholders only, and 3) spread out over numerous days, and 4) an everyone-rides once event, I'm not too sure anyone has to worry about lines that are too long. I could be wrong, but I interpret it simply as "you can get in line once whenever you like, but that's all"; not a "time-prescribed" boarding pass.

"Each guest will be given a boarding pass to ride Steel Vengeance upon arrival, valid for one Steel Vengeance ride only."

I plan on hitting up a couple of the local wineries with the wife, maybe strolling in around 5ish, taking in the atmosphere and wandering into line whenever...grabbing some of the food and getting out of Dodge by 7ish (it's a 2 - hour drive).

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

That's kind of my plan... I figure I would take the day visiting the area. I always like walking the beach over at East Harbor. Who knows maybe I can take a trip to Kelley's for a Brandy Alexander!

-Craig

What time are tickets going on sale on the 19th for the April 27th event?

Time is a man made concept. Therefore, 'when' is not a relevant thing to think about. Just know that it will happen, yesterday or tomorrow.
-Yoko Ono

From the Blog:

In just a few weeks, we’ll be unleashing Steel Vengeance to you. There are already several chances to ride it prior to general park opening on May 5.

However, if you’re a writer, run a social media account dedicated to Cedar Point (or coasters), take great photography, or are just starting out with your own social media channel that focuses on thrill rides and coasters, I have a proposition for you.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/journalists-wanted

Brandon

Im assuming Walt and Jeff will enter this so Im super excited to read about their take on a fork. Plastic or metal? Salad, dinner or desert fork or with they think outside the box and go with a pitch fork?

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I think this is geared more toward "new" media types that don't yet have a relationship with the park.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service