Steel Vengeance

Yeah, I was trying to make a smart a$$ comment for that very reason. The whole "GP" nonsense that some of the so-called enthusiasts use makes me laugh. Every guest in the park is part of the so-called "GP" and we are all there to enjoy what the park has to offer. Just because you wear coaster patches and loudly complain in the queue about how strong the trim brake is set does not make you anything other than just another "GP" person

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Well, then what defines a coaster enthusiast? Someone who's ridden a lot of them? Someone who likes to read and learn about them? I would say I'm the second type, and I hope to increase my coaster count from Cedar Point and Geauga lake. Honestly, I feel like the definition for "Coaster Enthusiast" is quite broad. Here, dictionary.com:

Enthusiast: a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Of course someone who is enthusiastic about riding coasters is an enthusiast for coasters, that doesn't make you any different as far as being in the "GP". Everyone is GP, doesn't matter how much or little you like coasters.

Pete said:

Of course someone who is enthusiastic about riding coasters is an enthusiast for coasters, that doesn't make you any different as far as being in the "GP". Everyone is GP, doesn't matter how much or little you like coasters.

I believe that you're referencing a sanctimonious mentality on the part of some of the coaster club members?

Correct.

Three month warning. Get ready people.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I'm still in shock. This is the coaster we've been drooling over Cedar Point getting since New Texas Giant and it looks so much better. More than ever, I'm looking forward to watching the first ride with Tony and the crew.

Oh, this is going to be awesome. Honestly, I'm really excited for testing. I'm watching the countdown like a hawk(pun not intended). Wait, did they actually say tony is going to do a ride with the crew and record it?

I'd rather be sailing

^

Nope but it's something he's done for the last couple of coasters, so I figured it would happen again.

Which coasters were they?

I'd rather be sailing

Maverick and Fury are the only ones I can think of.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

He did a live on-ride video for Valravn by rigging a GoPro to his phone wirelessly. Wasn't super clean looking but still pretty cool.

Cedar Point just added some new photos on their Facebook page.

Bless your soul, Kyle.

Even with the looming rain, these pics have reignited my hype for WCO.

Twisted Timbers is testing! Shouldn’t be long for Steel Vengeance!

Edit: Hangtime is also testing.

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

If by "shouldn't be long", you mean around April.......then yes, shouldn't be long. :P

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I was hoping March :(

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath. Now, I'm not saying that it couldn't happen. It's just that the Northern Ohio weather in March isn't the most ideal for coaster testing and we don't know just how much work is still left for Steel Vengeance before testing can begin. The weather in Virginia is much warmer and Kings Dominion opens in a month. So it makes sense that testing has begun for Twisted Timbers.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Testing the ride before the trains are on site? Last I knew the trains weren't there. I would think that they'll sell this coaster as much as possible. Update us that the trains have arrived. But hell they don't even have to finish the lift chain if they want to test without trains. Let the testing begin!!

Last edited by redsfan,

I’m willing to bet the trains are on site and they’re waiting to reveal them for the WCO.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service