Rude Enthusiasts

Explaining is hard. Sorry.

I said nothing about your kids or whether they’re amazing or not. And thanks for your concern about mine, but I have none of my own. Out of the ones I helped raise only two wound up working in strip clubs which I, in light of their circumstances, consider to be a win. And however they turned out wasn’t for lack of experience or my fearful reluctance to spell out some cold, hard facts when absolutely necessary.

My only point was that if you feel like things or people shouldn’t show up in front of you and the kids while you’re out in public then you need to stay in the house until you’re comfortable speaking to them about it. I’ve spent hundreds of days at Cedar Point myself and I frequently smh at some of the things I see. But when three million people, all from Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana, pass through the gates I might expect at least some of that. And so should you.
And if you think this, (or the other, for that matter) rude enthusiast is that offensive, or that a potentially harmful confrontation is imminent, then go ahead and call security.
The same applies to the ball park and the mall as well, because people of all sorts show up there, too.

Whether I’ve encountered this gal personally is beside the point. The constant, accusatory hand wringing from you on this forum is what’s a mystery to me. Just handle it as you see fit. You can’t wish it away.

RCMAC said:

I’ve never encountered this trans girl in all my visits to the park. I’m gathering there may be an issue with this poor child, maybe mentally challenged in a way.

If you like fishing, this is a can of worms right here. But I doubt this is the proper environment for that discussion.

Maverick since '99

I’m not afraid of worms or cans.

When quoting my posts, please don’t italicize my comments, when I did not, in an attempt to make me look bad. In no way would I ever associate trans with mental illness, that clearly was not my point. If you’re still confused, then let me explain that her described behavior, not her gender, makes me wonder if she might have some issues not readily apparent. That was all. Had I used “drug user” in place of “mentally challenged” would you assume I was making the same association?
Your interpretation, or what you think I was trying to say there, is wrong and insulting. And if you actually think this isn’t the proper environment for that discussion, then why did you feel the need to point it out, anyway?

I made it italic because it was the point of my post.

Maverick since '99

CP Maverick said:
I made it italic because it was the unnecessary, unfair, and incorrect point of my post.

Fixed that for you.
Please don’t do that again. Use your words, not mine, to make your points. If you have a question about what you think I might’ve meant, just ask.

I was originally going to quote just the italicized words. I decided against that so your post wouldn't seem as harsh as mine. Nothing about my post implied anything on your behalf.

Maverick since '99

Well, you sure fooled me, then.
In reading and re-reading I still see that you quoted me to make whatever point you were trying to make, only to then declare we shouldn’t talk about it around here.
My mistake, I guess, huh?

RCMAC said:

My mistake, I guess, huh?

Yes. (And spared you the italics, too).

Cute.
You wouldn’t have liked it, either.

This is totally meant as a joke but I’m wondering if you’re DJDaemon’s dad, or alter ego?

Jk have a great night.

MaverickLaunch said:

False. So now we know that not only are you argumentative, and of questionable character, but you're dishonest, too. There was only one upvote to that post, which I was surprised there was any at all, and it was you. I saw it.

OK, maybe you did? But if so it was not intentional, because I never saw the post you're referring to. I was as confused as anyone when I saw what appeared to be your unhinged response to Josh's post.

Why you are unable to distinguish how this is different from watching a couple of teens kissing, or swearing as you suggested, demonstrates a fundamental lack of comprehension of how the minds of children and parenting work.

No, I understand the distinction you are making. I just fundamentally disagree with that distinction. You seem less bothered by the behavior than you do by who is engaging in the behavior. I don't care what's swinging between someone's legs or what they're wearing. If they're being an ass, they're being an ass. And this behavior doesn't sound that much worse or better than excessive PDA or jackass teens showing us how cool they are by using extremely foul language. Again, you seem more bothered by the LGBT-ness than the actual behavior. That's fine, it's your prerogative.

Reading further, I assumed you were talking about explaining this situation to kids much younger than 10. Personally, I don't see the issue explaining the situation to a 10 year old. Is it uncomfortable? Of course, but not much different from explaining why hormone-driven teenagers making out in line is inappropriate, or why certain four letter words aren't meant for public. But again, I get that certain topics are more discomforting for some than for others. Which is why I keep saying this situation has as much to do you with your perspective as it does the behavior you have an issue with.

Brandon

I think this topic has run its course.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service