Rude Enthusiasts

It feels like a post is missing.

Maverick since '99

It wasn’t me. This time.

First, yes, a post was deleted. I assume the person who posted it (Clevelander) had a moment of remorse for what was a hate-filled tirade.

Here are the exact words of clevelander's post, which was apparently deleted:

"I am gay myself and blocked her because she was so annoying on some pages.....HOWEVER! I literally laughed so loud when I read this and I had to clasp my mouth over my hand at work since it was like the Mary Tyler Moore funeral scene. I could not stop laughing! This is EPIC. I have seen MaverickLaunch through the years bible thumping and judging on here about various issues. I wasn't even there this season on closing day and to hear that's this is how you ended your season?!???!?!?! DEE-LISH!!!!!! What an excellent end to my season! Amen."

I should have just quoted it in the first place to preserve the original comments. If I'm wrong and this was deleted by an admin, I apologize and will happily remove this post.

To any others who stumbled upon my upset response and thought it was intended for them, I apologize. The context is totally lost when you remove the ramblings of a bully.

MaverickLaunch said:

The worst of it was the last ride of the season on Millenium. Once fastened in the car, she was literally screaming "I used to be a boy and now I'm a girl, I'm a proud transgender strong female, WHEEEE!!!!!", then proceeded to take off her wig and held it up in her hand for the entire ride inches from my face (I was seated behind her). Inexcusable and shameful behavior to say the least.

Oh dear that sounds awful. I get annoyed enough seeing people hold stuff in their hands, most notably phones, those are moments I get fearful that they will lose grip and it will fly in my face. A wig blowing in my phone, no thanks. I've seen her a few times but she always ahead of me but she made sure to announce I'm transgender. She definitely falls under the rude enthusiast category.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

MaverickLaunch said:

...WITH YOUNG CHILDREN PRESENT? You, sir, are a disgrace.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, while this person sounds like a complete jackass, I always find it interesting when people play the "think of the children" card. At a certain point, you're responsible for your inability or discomfort in discussing these issues. Stupid, inappropriate behavior is all around us, and kids are going to ask questions that are tough to answer. Answering questions about this particular person's behavior shouldn't be much different than answering questions about two heterosexual kids making out in line, which seems downright commonplace in comparison.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

At a certain point, you're responsible for your inability or discomfort in discussing these issues.

We aren’t talking about making out in line. We are talking about openly yelling (and yes, loudly, in an attention seeking manner) things like genitalia sensation on rides (citing the specific body “parts”) and worse. Don’t even try to flip that discomfort back on parents inability to communicate with their kids. They shouldn’t have to... And especially on a day where families go to escape reality together and enjoy a “best day” experience.

The fact that you upvoted clevelander’s since-deleted post says lot about your character, by the way.

MaverickLaunch said:
The fact that you upvoted clevelander’s since-deleted post says lot about your character, by the way.

I didn't see said post, so not sure how I could have up voted it. The only post I up voted was Josh's, which was the last one I saw until today.

Anyhow, poor behavior is poor behavior. Whether it's kids swearing, teens making out, or whatever. If you have no problem explaining foul language or PDA yet it's an issue when the topic relates to... whatever this is, that's on you.

Brandon

Yeah, I don't tolerate poor behavior well at all. Subject matter really has no bearing, whatsoever. But, those people are just trying to get attention, and the best thing to do to stop them is to not give it to them.

It's not an easy task, especially when you just want to them them to STFU - and it's OK to want to and even do it if you must, but then you have to just let it go. it's like when my dog demand barks when he wants my food. it's loud, obnoxious, and painful to my ears, but telling him to shut up or giving him what he wants only makes him do it more. I turn my back to him and look at the ceiling and he eventually puts his tail between his legs and lays down.

I've had several encounters with that person as well. The last few Friday nights at Maverick, they would be waiting at the entrance before early entry even started. My first encounter was a complaint about a wig falling off on the ride. Later on heard loud remarks like mentioned above, "This ride is so raw it makes me wanna say 'IM TRANSGENDER AND I'M PROUD'" those of us working on the platform were just looking at each other like ....what is happening right now?

I'm kind of glad I skipped this year to do some cool non-amusement park stuff. If I was there and heard that on platform, my reaction would probably be similar to:

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I'm getting a bit tired of all the behaviors I see in public anymore that really are not appropriate behavior (straight or other) in public. I've left lines to avoid spending half an hour watching two people in front of me have sex with their clothes on. I'm also not interested in hearing the intimate details of the status of anyone's genitals. Glad I haven't run into that one yet. Unfortunately the current culture says we're all supposed to just not look if we see anything we don't like but you know if I turn around and not look then I won't see when the line is moving....

Oh that's classic. I saw her on Friday closing weekend. Very over the top and I didn't see her again.

Turns out this was a whole weekend of being obnoxious for this particular person. It's sad in the sense that it accomplishes nothing for her cause and just ends up annoying people.

djDaemon said:

MaverickLaunch said:

I didn't see said post, so not sure how I could have up voted it. The only post I up voted was Josh's, which was the last one I saw until today.

False. So now we know that not only are you argumentative, and of questionable character, but you're dishonest, too. There was only one upvote to that post, which I was surprised there was any at all, and it was you. I saw it.

How sure am I? If a moderator can go back and look and prove me wrong, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice.. GTKW maybe? Will you do the same if proven wrong?

Anyway, back to the issue. I just disagree with your argument. Nothing new there. Why you are unable to distinguish how this is different from watching a couple of teens kissing, or swearing as you suggested, demonstrates a fundamental lack of comprehension of how the minds of children and parenting work. Where do you draw that line? Public nudity? It's a rhetorical question, I really don't care where you have seemingly pre-determined what is going "too-far", I just know that this situation was so very wrong (as it would seem most here agree), and to have that happen in an environment literally FULL of children is beyond unacceptable.

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

Probably the best way to handle people like that is to shout right back to them a loud "WE DON'T CARE!".

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Funny you say that Pete! That’s exactly what a couple people including myself said when she was babbling on about her girl bits on the MF exit ramp!

Maverick Launch, have you never accidentally voted up a topic simply by putting your scrolling thumb over the wrong spot on the screen? I have. Even without noticing, maybe.

I’ve never encountered this trans girl in all my visits to the park. I’m gathering there may be an issue with this poor child, maybe mentally challenged in a way. Maybe Tourette’s or something.
Anyway, I would think any explaination you might offer to your sheltered child should be no different than any other time or situation. Try phases like “That person is having/causing/might be in trouble. Let’s dont stare, but mind our own business. We can talk about it later, or in the car if you’d like, ok?”

Never accidently up-voted, no. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'd at least admit the possibility. The circumstances on this one would have been highly coincidental, though.

If the person in question (who I'm guessing is not a minor and definitely drives herself to the park, evidenced by her car keys hanging off her) was as ill as you suggest I wonder why she would be able to go to the park without supervision?

For what it's worth, I did explain the situation to my kids exactly as you described. I was just irritated/embarrased/angry that I had to have that conversation with a 10 year old girl.

You sound naive.
There are nutty people walking around everywhere, all day without “supervision”. (That cracked me up, btw)
In no way was I suggesting that a mentally challenged person or one with Tourette’s can’t manage or, as you suggest, shouldn’t manage a day out on their own. It’s too bad if you don’t like it or are offended or whatever you’re trying to say. They’re out there, and yes, they even drive.
And as a parent you should be prepared to have any conversation with any of your children at any time. Because the minute you leave the house to go out into public anything might come up. You do your child no service whatsoever by thinking it’s the world’s job to keep her from experiencing all it has to offer, good or bad.

I use an iPad or phone for almost all my internet consumption tasks and am a bit fidgety so frequently do like/dislike things unintentionally though more commonly on Twitter than here.

Maybe we should have extreme vetting for amusement parks? Think that will keep Ron out as well?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

RCMAC, I’m not naive. But I’ve spent literally hundreds of days of my life at CP and never seen something quite like this, especially with kids around.

Thanks for the parenting advice. I’ll assume you’ve raised some amazing kids. I have too. There is a fine line between between being overprotective or sheltering kids, and exposing them to certain things before it’s time. It’s not for you to say I’m doing it wrong if that behavior bothers me. It was grossly inappropriate, and I’d even wager that CP security might have intervened if they’d heard some of the things this person said. Not all, but some. So, since you did not witness any of this I’m not sure why you are trying to shed light on the situation?

And yeah, Ron is terrible, too. But in a much different way, and one that is a whole heck of a lot easier to explain to young kids.

On edit: no need to label my child as “sheltered”. You’ve never even met them, right?

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service