Rude Enthusiasts

T T D = Too Too Dumb !

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Hahaha that’s not at all the guy I was picturing.

ROUNDABOUND.

Dennis Urban said:
Yesterdays' last train of 2017,Bob and I got the front seat,Ron got 2nd seat. He was mouthing off about how he could have gotten the front seat,but he would have to have pushed past me to get it.

There were times walking from ride entrance to ramp where he tried to run past me,I always blocked him.

The correct response would’ve been “If you had to push past me to get this seat, then no, you couldn’t have gotten it...” My son always asks why I walk through the queue with arms outstretched and a hand on each rail. This is why.

ROUNDABOUND.

Shane Denmark said:

The correct response would’ve been “If you had to push past me to get this seat, then no, you couldn’t have gotten it...” My son always asks why I walk through the queue with arms outstretched and a hand on each rail. This is why.

Amen! This past Sunday night a young woman had walked through literally the whole fast lane for Valravn only to jump right onto the stairs on the regular side. She ended up right behind my gf and I. After a moment she tried walking behind my gf who was leaning against the railing on one side. When that didn't work, next thing I know she was physically trying to push me out of the way. Long story short, it ended with her little 5'3" friend who thought he wanted to fight me (6'1") being held back by other patrons whom neither myself nor the line jumper's party knew so he didn't start something he couldn't have finished with me. Moral of the story is, rules are rules and just because other people let you walk by doesn't mean I'm going to no matter how entitled you feel.

Last edited by MichaelB,

That reminds me of another pet peeve. When people try to advance in the line past you to catch up with their group because they didn't get in line at the exact same moment for whatever reason.

This happened on MF last night and I told the kid "that's not how lines work". If you are separated from your group, they are free to stop and wait for you to catch up in line, or, go ahead without you. But you don't get to cut in front of 45 people because you had to take a quick pee while they all got in line without you.

People do that "catching up" crap in line all the time. It was so bad a few years ago at Universal, I nicely complained to a ride op. He put me at the front of the line in the front seat. HA! Just another reason I try to limit the time I wait in lines.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

BTW to all of you talking about the "catching up" crap feel free to let a ride host know ASAP if someone does that. It is considered line jumping and as long as you're nice to a ride host about it and other people back up your story we can and will kick the entire party out of the line and make them start over. If they refuse we just call security.

The line jumping policy is clearly stated at the beginning of each line with signs as well at all the park entrances. Most times the ride host will remind the person if they push the issue that security will have no problem removing them from the park.

**DISCLAIMER: All views expressed on this site are my own and do not represent the opinions of any entity whatsoever with which I have been, am now, or will be affiliated with in the future**

Generally speaking, I don’t let it bother me unless it’s one of those weird times where it negatively affects my ability to get on a ride before closing/weather/etc. I don’t like to put the onus on ride ops to deal with it either. I usually just tell the people who are doing it my thoughts and refuse to allow them past me. Sometimes that’s easy, sometimes not. Just depends on the width of the cue at that time.

You’d be surprised by the incredulous looks I get when I explain how it’ll all be fine if their friends ahead simply wait for 30 seconds. People can really suck sometimes.

Kings Island was awful with this this weekend. Some family got mad at me because I wouldn’t let the father of the family literally climb over me and switchbacks to jump half the line. They even tried to say “oh he just had to take a pee” immediately after he said “I was just at Diamondback; but you know I’d never miss The Beast at night”

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I witnessed some guy get REAL nasty when confronted on that issue once. This sort of thing seems to happen when there isn't easy access to a ride op, in my experience. I saw a couple idiots walk straight through a 45 minute Raptor line once. Everyone was just stunned it seemed. I was in the middle of the line. No ride ops around.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

The worst I had was in line for Flight of Fear at KI this past June. We were waiting on the stairs to enter the spaceship, when we heard someone make a loud noise from the entrance to the room. A kid in front of us made a similar loud noise, and suddenly a group of EIGHT teenagers started climbing and crawling crossways through the (full) queues. Everyone got out of their way as they pushed through and walked outside the queues. I wish I'd gotten my camera out, because it was something to behold. We told the ride host at the top of the stairs, but they didn't see anything and shrugged it off. Which is normally what we'd do too, when it's 1 or 2 people cutting, but eight? Gimme a break.

When I notice it's just a kid not paying attention and then they suddenly realize everyone from their group is in the line but them and it's just a short distance I don't care but I have let loose with my "teacher voice" a few times with kids who were clearly trying to jump and sent them back to the end. Weird thing is it worked I think it caught them off guard but it sort of caught me off guard too. Like here I am relaxing and my brain just kicks into work mode and I'm shooting death stares and ordering other peoples' children around like nothing...

As a general rule of thumb, if a small child left the line to go to the bathroom and came back I would allow it because its a kid. If it was a teenager or adult, especially as a group, I would ask them to leave the line.

I would occasionally make some exceptions. For example: If I was at a coaster's fastlane merge and someone asked me if they could step out for a moment to leave an article with a nonrider, I would absolutely let them back because they asked. I would also occasionally have people come to me with an article that is not able to ride slip past the entrance. I would let them leave, secure it, and come back and rejoin their party. I only ever had one person get upset with that and they were understanding when I explained that I authorized the re-entry given the circumstances. Obviously this is a huge difference from someone pushing past everyone just because they want to ride quicker.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

One time I was in line for MF and this guy came pushing by saying he left his “watch up there.” (riiiight...) with his girl in tow who wasn’t looking left or right. By the time they got to the top of the ramp other people weren’t having it and security was there to meet them. They were in big trouble. (I guess)

Here’s what I’ve learned in my 63 years. Don’t sweat the small stuff and don’t let rules run your life. Or ruin it. If your ride on Millennium Force is delayed by two people (or eight) then so be it. Karma is a real thing, be patient. Chill. Things have a way of evening out.

Well, our way of evening things out was to say we had friends ahead of us in line, and trying to cut in front of the group of (now) 12, but that didn't go over so well. :D I guess there are limits to my shrug-offery, because generally I prefer not to be party to making a scene. In retrospect, my reaction was more astonishment at the massive, Sasquatch-sized balls it took for them to do that, rather than being upset.

Those of you who do Early Entry from the front gate have probably seen this scene unfold, as I have seen it happen several times. After scanning passes they let you go to the second barricade area to wait for National Anthem. The line usually has a couple hundred people in my estimation.

Well, here comes some people marching all the way up to the front of everyone perhaps thinking that Early Entry is already in effect, oblivious to the reason there is a line of people. They are turned away and then, instead of retreating to the end of the line they try to blend in the crowd up front.

Being a few people ahead makes very little difference. We were usually towards the rear of that group and would make it onto Valravn by 10 after, or if we went to MF we would walk right on.

Personal experience/Devil’s advocate... My son gets REALLY excited for the rollercoasters he has ridden and is comfortable with. He tends to run 5-10 yards in front of me to get in line. Never fails, another group will get in line between us. Most people are cool if point out that my son is literally right there and I’m not trying to “meet up with my friends” in the station. But once in a while we get the hardass who won’t let me past. Meanwhile the boy is still trucking along, getting further and further up the queue. When we finally get to the line, I’ll have him come back with me in line.

ROUNDABOUND.

MaverickLaunch said:
(...)Yesterday around 2pm I noticed his mustang had a flat front passenger side tire. Talk about karma happening to the right person. He's such a tool... nobody deserved that flat tire more than him.

Side note, I noticed the valve stem cap was missing from the flat tire but was present on all the other tires... so I'm thinking someone let the air out of it. (...)

No, Saturday he clipped a curb on his way out of the main parking lot and punctured the sidewall. The valve stem cap was off from his attempt to inflate the tire with a portable compressor. Fun fact: late model Mustangs don't come with spare tires.

He had a bad weekend, spending several hours Sunday in a hospital getting his nose patched up after he lost a fight with the pavement in the Dragster queue.

I just hope I have his energy when I'm his age.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

These stories remind me of this spring when I was at Carowinds. Early morning waiting in line for the metal detectors with the lines being several hundred people long each. This group of 4 or so people in their mid-twenties come walking up past everyone flashing their Platinum passes like Wayne and Garth at a concert (please get the reference). Anywho they get to the front of the line and security pretty much gave them a WTF look and directed them back to the end of the line. The group begrudgingly sulked to the end of the line complaining what's the point of their platinum passes if they couldn't skip security.

WolfBobs said:

These stories remind me of this spring when I was at Carowinds. Early morning waiting in line for the metal detectors with the lines being several hundred people long each. This group of 4 or so people in their mid-twenties come walking up past everyone flashing their Platinum passes like Wayne and Garth at a concert (please get the reference). Anywho they get to the front of the line and security pretty much gave them a WTF look and directed them back to the end of the line. The group begrudgingly sulked to the end of the line complaining what's the point of their platinum passes if they couldn't skip security.

Great reference. It's pronounced: Mill E Walk A

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service