That’s a wrap!

With the 2017 season officially over:
1) What was your best memory of the season?
2) What was your first ride and last ride of the season?
3) What will you miss the most.
4) What ever else you want to say about the season.

For me:
1) Working with an awesome crew for Halloweekends
2) First Ride: Ghost Rider at Knott’s Berry Farm. Last Ride: Millennium Force
3) Aquatic/ AWE Stadium
4) Cedar Point Shores preview night was freezing!

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

1. Sunday evening after power went out and returned and the park being very empty.

2. Magnum, maverick

3. Miss eating fresh cut french fries

4. Still wish I didnt see the supervisor of mac and cheese sky ride shop eat cheese out of the bag with his hands.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I'll reply more later when I get home, still at CP here. Emotions are hitting me here, first season with a Platinum Pass really hitting to me it's over.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

1) What was your best memory of the season? Steel Vengeance announcement

2) What was your first ride and last ride of the season? Magnum

3) What will you miss the most. Light crowds in Frontiertown

4) What ever else you want to say about the season. I didn't utilize my season pass nearly enough.

Maverick since '99

1. My nephew blowing the mind of the dude at Corkscrew controls today with his knowledge of the coaster opening dates of CP, got everyone correct and corrected the employee on a few of his trivia questions. My nephew is 13 and has aspergers(sp?). Roller coasters have been his latest obsession is he is becoming quite knowledgeable.

2. I forgot but it was at Carowinds and I wanna say it was Nighthawk, last ride today was Magnum. I plan on going to Winterfest so the 2017 season as a while will most likely be Mystic Timbers.

3. Sundays at Point.

4. 2017 so far has been a great season with 3 new to me parks. Really looking forward to 2018 with an RMC finally close to home.

1) Best memory: finally getting back to the park on a more frequent basis after many years of more sporadic visits. And marathoning MF during early entry.

2) First ride: Maverick, Sunday of Opening Weekend Last ride: Raptor, last public train of 2017 about 2 hours ago

3) What will I miss?: Honestly not really sure. I don't even live in state anymore and don't have to deal with winter living in Florida, so the offseason doesn't have that level of sadness it did when I lived up here and knew entertainment options would be limited with the awful winter weather. For me, a CP trip is now usually centered around a 3-4 day visit with the folks and getting some time back in my hometown. I made 5 trips this calendar year (woohoo for $39 flights on both Frontier and Spirit), all during the CP and Indians season. The older I get the more I enjoy these mini vacations to spend time with the folks and have "Dad and Son" days at CP like we did 15-20 years ago when I was growing up. In a perfect world these trips would be spread out a bit more over the course of the year, rather than crammed in from May-October. But even without CP and Tribe games, I still have no desire to come to Ohio from November-April. So to answer the question... I will just miss the Ohio long weekends.

4) Despite some of the bitching, I think the park continues to be on track to be a solid guest experience in a way I never could have imagined at the start of this decade. The new leadership team has taken a good amusement park and turned it into a great resort destination. I can't wait to see what the next several years have in store.

Cartwright said:

First ride: Maverick, Sunday of Opening Weekend Last ride:

Oh wow, I was on the last ride too of Maverick that day, front row.

Anyways time to answer the questions.

1. Best Memory(ies): Riding Millennium Force quite often as my last ride of the day. Always high energy, certain riders especially had lovable enthusiasm, the crew was especially entertaining during the time. The crew opening the gate if there is no line and getting more rides done, hearing the station music, hearing that beautiful sound of the cable lift. Always a blast, it bought up loudness in me at times with the wonderful environment.

2. First Ride: Not positive, but I believe it's Gatekeeper Opening Sunday. Last Ride: Millennium Force Closing Sunday, didn't end up on last train, pretty close I'd think though.

3. Miss Most: Not experiencing the roller coaster sensations for half a year.

4. I'll be a bit lengthy here. As I said before this was my first year with a Platinum Pass. Coming to CP 21 times total this year, more combined than the previous 23 years in my life. I've truly have learned to appreciate the finer aspects of riding coasters. First month in May, I was the kind of person that would want my restraints has tight as possible, riding a ride like Skyhawk, I was a tad scared at how loose the crew pushed the restraints down. Going throughout the year has made me immune, I want the best jump of seat feels now. I've learned to look for what sensations on rides I like best and soak them in. I guess I could say I've become more of an enthusiast. And also getting a fulfillment of haunted experiences for once too, I always had roller coaster experience throughout my life, not so much going through haunted houses. I definitely enjoyed going through all of them this year.

And lastly, to go on a bit more about me. As my signature indicates, I only had 1 trip to CP where I went with other people, the rest I was alone. I am very introverted, it is tough to get out of my shell around people I don't know much. I'm certainly not the most talkative of persons. But pretty much most of the time I'm enjoying myself, riding roller coasters I'm fine alone. It is sorta awkward with haunted houses.

And one last thing, my username. If you know other amusement parks, it's named after rides of another beloved amusement park in my life, Knoebels. It's still pretty new awesome steel coaster, Impulse, and of course the best wooden coaster ever, the Phoenix! And next year will birth from the Mean Streak's ashes a new coaster I am absolutely keen to ride, hope to make many more CP trips with the renewal of my pass.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

No, this is a wrap.......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

1) What was your best memory of the season? - The day of the 5k. Finished with my best time ever in a 5k, great weather - then we had an awesome day in the park. Front row Valravn day and night ride, perfect blue sky during the day. One of my best days ever at the park.
2) What was your first ride and last ride of the season? - First overall was Leviathan at Wonderland, first CP was GateKeeper. Last CP was Dragster, last overall was Comet at HersheyPark
3) What will you miss the most. - All Wheels Extreme if it's gone for good (don't think it is), for the offseason otherwise I would say just daily park updates. I hate that the offseason is so long.
4) What ever else you want to say about the season. - We had a great Cedar Fair year. 2 trips to Wonderland and Kings Island, 1 trip to Dorney and 3 trips to Cedar Point. We also hit HersheyPark and Six Flags Great Adventure. We got lucky with great weather at every stop, no full rain outs. We got a TON of great rides on Dragster this year, all 3 of our visits (totaled 9 park days) were days that Dragster ran for large portions of the day. Breakers was great, as was Cedar Point Express Hotel when we stayed there in June for the 5k. Kings Island was really awesome this year, too. Mystic is amazing and we were able to do a bunch of night rides all over the park. Kings Island really is the best at night with so many coasters basically running pitch black in the woods. We are going to hit Winter Fest next month, hoping to get a couple more rides on Mystic.

Then its on to 2018... Hope to see some of you at Winter Chill Out!

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

First year of my adult life that I haven't been to the park, unfortunately.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Favorite memory would have to be the Steel Vengeance announcement. I didn't get to go to any of the Cedar Fair or even Six parks this year. The only park I enjoyed was Universal + IOA, Orlando. I didn't really feel like I needed coasters this year. I had enough events planned going and doing other things. I plan on being back quite a bit next year, in fact I'm waiting for Breakers to drop their schedules so I can book an opening weekend there!

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

1) Chasing a grown man into the burrito restaurant in Tombstone Terror-tory and watching him trip through the door and land sprawled out in the entrance of the restaurant.
2) My only ride was in the CP Hearse. Shocker the clown made a cameo and got to ride over to Sports Force park with a few other clowns to entertain the youngsters playing in a soccer tournament. (*No, we didn't terrorize kids)
3) Hour long causeway trips and parking out by the tollbooths.
4) Can't wait 'till next year.

Last edited by Bigmal,

Jeff said:

First year of my adult life that I haven't been to the park, unfortunately.

Isn't that grounds for terminating your PointBuzz account???

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but I'm surprised there was not a final day for the "good buys day" with discounted food, merch, etc?

Best Memory:actually two:a limited attendance coastermania AND getting to irritate (many times) Ron the rude enthusiast.

1st & last ride:1st TTD,last front seat of the last 2017 TTD train

Miss: irritating Ron

What else:I've come to like Valravn a lot,but not as much as TTD,MF,& Mav.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

WolfBobs said:

1. My nephew blowing the mind of the dude at Corkscrew controls today with his knowledge of the coaster opening dates of CP, got everyone correct and corrected the employee on a few of his trivia questions. My nephew is 13 and has aspergers(sp?). Roller coasters have been his latest obsession is he is becoming quite knowledgeable.

Did you guys ride Power Tower yesterday? I had a kid ask me what year it opened, and got super excited when he was right.

1) What was your best memory of the season? - Way too many, but all the long hot days at Thunder Canyon and Power Tower
2) What was your first ride and last ride of the season? - First was Slingshot, last was Power Tower shot side
3) What will you miss the most. - All of the wonderful people I got to work with
4) What ever else you want to say about the season. - 3 seasons in, and I still love working for the park just as much as I did in season 1. All the friends, memories, guest interactions, everything makes for quite the memorable experience.

^^We rode Power Tower but my nephew did not, so that was not us.

1) I have two equally favorite memories: TTD Rollback and the Hootenanny in Frontier Town

2) My first ride was Valravn, last was Maverick

3) I'll miss the shows from this year, which were way better overall than previous years in my opinion. My favorite was Totally Live: This Country Rocks!

4) I am glad Top Thrill Dragster opened up before the season ended! I got to witness a rollback and a few almost-rollbacks last night. I am sad the season is over, but I am also excited at the same time because that means the next time I go to Cedar Point, I'll get to ride Steel Vengeance!

Adding on to mine:

Another great experience - The Hootenanny. The atmosphere was unreal.

A funny memory- My last day working in Harvest Fear this past Saturday, I went over to the dunk tank and climbed in. The tank is obviously not full of water, but it stormed the night before so there was about a foot of water in it that day. Other workers would sit in there and we would always press the button, but they wouldn’t get “dunked”, so I always assumed it was a phony dunk tank. Anyways, I was sitting in the tank, and my girlfriend, who also worked there, came up and pressed the button and what do you know, I drop straight into the water below and get soaked. So for the last hour and 40 minutes, I was scaring while being soaking wet in 39 degree weather. It turns out, the tank was real (HA) and the others just sat on the back of the chair so they wouldn’t fall in.

P.S. Happy 1000 post for me. Yay!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

CoasterKyle1121 said:

A funny memory- My last day working in Harvest Fear this past Saturday, I went over to the dunk tank and climbed in. The tank is obviously not full of water, but it stormed the night before so there was about a foot of water in it that day. Other workers would sit in there and we would always press the button, but they wouldn’t get “dunked”, so I always assumed it was a phony dunk tank. Anyways, I was sitting in the tank, and my girlfriend, who also worked there, came up and pressed the button and what do you know, I drop straight into the water below and get soaked. So for the last hour and 40 minutes, I was scaring while being soaking wet in 39 degree weather. It turns out, the tank was real (HA) and the others just sat on the back of the chair so they wouldn’t fall in.

Hey Kyle, It's Pumpkinhead,

Ha! that was funny, I had no idea the tank actually worked either! I even saw guests up on the board at times, which would have been even funnier if they had fallen in!

Working Harvest Fear was a great time, I wonder how guests would react if they were victims of the "Tweddle Twerk"?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service