Halloweekends Decorations Already!?!?

Went to Cedar Point today and saw the Halloweekends hearse is already out near the Red Garter Saloon. It's still summer! Cedar Point Nights haven't even ended yet, I do NOT want to be thinking about Halloween! Not only that, but I heard some halloween music and a few days ago when my uncle visited the park he saw some people with zombie make-up on and costumes. Why so soon??

Recruitment

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/2017-haunt-jobs

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

No Eden Musee this year? Awww...

I don't really care for the haunts, I think the outdoor scare zones are fun but haunted housed aren't my thing. I usually am happy when they open so the lines thin out for the coasters a bit! But I liked Eden Musee and it being a nod to a previous attraction. I hope this is just due to the work being done on Mean Streak and not a permanent thing.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

If I were to take a guess, I would think EM is done. I think that space will be used for other purposes next year after the new coaster opens. Also on that note, on the itinerary for GOCC"s Fall Freak Out, there is a lights on tour of EM, which is strange considering it's not even one of this year's haunts. But they could just be giving us the chance to see it before the building is either demolished or re-purposed.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It's August. School starts for some kids in a matter of days...whether or not you "want to think about it" or not.

My friend's kids near Cincy (Mason) start in 9 days...

Halloweekends starts sooner than you think. And given it's my personal favorite time of the year, it can't come soon enough. :)

Promoter of fog.

ValravnCP said:

....the Halloweekends hearse is already out near the Red Garter Saloon.
....Why so soon??

Advertisement. They do that along with a display on the Main Midway every year. It's not like they are decorating the entire park with all the Fall decor.

I've always just assumed that, given the enormous amount of decorating they need to get done, they have no choice but to start on it pretty early.

Brandon

August first has been the target date for the in-park promotional HalloWeekends display since 1998. Originally there was one display in front of the Coliseum, then another was added in Frontiertown about 10 years ago.

Costs them the same to set it up now as a month from now... Sooner you set it up, the more eyeballs on it, the more people decide to add an extra trip in the fall...

Go to Dollywood or Silver Dollar City. They're busy as we speak lining every surface of every building with the start of 3 million Christmas lights.

Yes, and Back To School setup started 4 weeks ago, you can't find shorts in stores after July 4th, you can shop at the mall on thanksgiving day and buy your 2018 platinum pass now and save $3.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Halloweekends. It just reminds me of how fast the season will come to an end and we have to go through another long winter before the park reopens, which is mildly depressing. But that's just me.

That's why god invented Florida.

^Of find other things to do besides Amusement Parks ;)

There's a whole world out there of live shows, nice destinations, and fun little vacations besides the Pointy Cedars haha

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I visit Florida each month over winter to get away from Wisconsin, haven't been to an amusement park there in years. So much other stuff to do that isn't a shopping mall with mouse ears

I'm definitely retiring to Florida in 20 years or so and my dream retirement job is Shuttle Bus driver for CP over summer.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

As 99er and Rob said, it's advertisement as well as recruiting. In addition to the displays, there are now a handful of Screamsters in the park daily promoting the event and passing out information about Haunt jobs.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

XS NightClub said:

That's why god invented Florida.

I thought Al Gore invented Florida.

Thought Al said Florida would be under water by now. How inconvenient.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

When did he claim that?

Brandon

When he hunted Manbearpig.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service