Ride status?

Sorry if this has been posted already but I cant find anything that give a daily status of rides or at least the coaster at the park. I have been watching the web cams today and I haven't seen TTD run at all. Hoping everything is running for my trip next week

https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I can't vouch for accuracy, but this website lists open/close/wait status.

According to a ride op yesterday, TTD had been down 3 days. If that's true, today would make 4.

Someone lost a wallet on the ride 3 days ago, and they've been searching ever since.

Promoter of fog.

Stop Still Dragster was down most of the day Saturday, I assume due to wind. It opened in the early evening. So it hasn't run since?

ROUNDABOUND.

I've heard Dragster has had staffing issues after the brawl last week.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Dragster has been reported to be testing now.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hopefully everything is good to go by the end of next week

bgiese said:

https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I can't vouch for accuracy, but this website lists open/close/wait status.

A Lot of the coasters are closed according to that web page

Last edited by Paul Florio,

Here is how I occasionally check ride status since my phone doesn't have the capability.

Early entry, start on Valravn with little to no wait. When at the top of the lift-hill look at MF and see that line is still quite sparse. After Valravn head over to MF for 2 to 3 rides. Then, proceed back front to Gatekeeper for 2 rides before the 10:00 entry. That takes you to the 10:00am open of WT for a no wait ride. Head over to Iron Dragon and\or Rougarou as neither will have much of a line. While on ID make sure to observe the line at TTD, sometimes it is only in the station wait. Also while on ID look over at Power Tower to see if drop or launch will be less of a wait. After PT and\or TTD head towards Magnum and usually the line will be up in the station. While on Magnum look over at Gemini to see if both trains are running, they usually have been at 11:00am or so and there has been no wait there. If you want to waste a few minutes before that go on Pipescream. Head across tracks to CCMR, this may slow you down especially if they are removing weighted bags, or skip it and go directly to Skyhawk for 2 no wait rides. Head back to the front of park and possibly over to Blue Streak. While on BS look at the line for Raptor to see if it is worth the wait.

An alternative is after MF, go back to Maverick as there is no wait in the morning.

I know this doesn't include all the CP rides, but it usually fills our 3 to 3 1/2 hours and is great exercise.

Great info but by ride status I meant more of what coasters are closed vs open. I will getting a Flash Pass Plus for one of the days I will be there so I am not too worried about the lines

Even if the CP app is "working" the data is notoriously unreliable. Frequently I have witnessed the app claim a ride is down and watched riders on the train. There are so many factors involved if a ride is open or not and they open and close frequently.

You really just have to circle the park and grab a ride on what you can. Fortunately Dragster is easy to see from most areas of the park.

Yeah, agreed. Too many things to take in to account. The link to the web site saying what rides are open and closed seems to be pretty accurate. I have been watching the webcams on the CP site and I have yet to see movement at TTD, Raptor, Gemini and Gatekeeper. The link lists all those closed . Seems a little odd CP would have that amount of coasters down in on day. I know based off the webcams, Raptor, Gatekeeper and Gemini where all running yesterday

Last edited by Paul Florio,

A couple years back,the CP site had a page 'today in the park' that listed (if any) coasters having problems.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

That's what I was looking for but didn't come up with anything

Dragster has been down since Saturday. They have run some test runs but still having issues with hydraulics.

Ride-on

I saw on Facebook that someone was claiming that a park official told them the foundation under the tower was cracking and that's what was causing it to be closed.

My sides still hurt from laughing .

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Maybe that's why the Intamin guys showed up, to help dig a new foundation/ride grave for Hallwoeekends.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I can remember a time where I could count on one hand the number of visits where I saw any major ride down for something other than weather; now I can count on one hand the number of visits where I saw all major rides up on time or not down for a portion of the day.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

hmmmm, guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for the end of next week

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service