Which Job?

Desperately need help deciding which job to take. I have two job offers on the table that I could do and I must decide by next Friday. I've got hired in for a position in Breakers, and or a truck driving job which would be a long term better paying job. You'd think I'd choose the better paying job, right? But theirs only one place I really enjoy being at that makes me happy, which is Cedar Point, and I'd really like to be part of the team. So then I start thinking about coming to the point and realize I have mild social anxiety. It's not that it hinders my ability to socialize, but it makes me wonder if I'll be able to fit it and make friends with you guys. This would really push my comfort zone to the max, I don't want to be a loner is what I'm saying. Theirs so many ups and downs between both jobs (pun intended). Put yourself in my shoes, what would you guys do?

Unless you also posted this on TruckerBuzz to get their opinions to help you make a decision, it's clear you've already made up your mind.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'll tell you what I did. After my freshman year of college I worked one night at a crappy job my mom had set up for me. I was there til 4a.
The next morning I came downstairs and told everyone I was off to work at Cedar Point.
I liked it enough to do the next season as well, but back then the hours were better, living conditions were better, and dare I say customers were nicer? I wasn't shy, but I also worried some about not fitting in. I eventually made great friends and one of them was lifelong.

Breakers wouldn't be a bad place to be, but what's the position? Will you face time with guests or sweep the floor? Hotel guests rarely speak unless their unhappy.

I also, later in life, drove a truck around town for twelve years and I will say there's something to be said for solitude on the job, away from everyone but the radio.

You know yourself best. Will it be money or fun? Cedar Point may not lead to long term anything, while a different job with another company just might.

Thanks RCMAC, I think I'm gonna choose Cedar Point, it's a position in Maintenance so we'll see how it goes. Theirs always another trucking job out their if this one fails. I might not have this opportunity when I'm older to work at the point.

Last edited by Rolling Coast ,

Awesome. Good luck, you'll have a blast.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service