Ride entrance signs

Both the Blue Streak and Mean Streak entrance signs were caricatures of Jack Falfas, former Cedar Fair COO.

What year did the signs disappear? 2000? Power Tower is the last new ride I can remember having one.

Richie A.

That might have been the last one because I don't remember Millennium Force having one when it opened.

According to the link provided on the first page, at least some of the signs were still up as of 2004.

The cartoon signs were great, to bad they were replaced by the current lawyer inspired signs, I wish they could still make the old signs work.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^^ Looking at the dates at the link and those of the other historical photo galleries, the 2004 date would be when the pictures were published to Pointbuzz. Not the date when they were taken. Unless of course you also think the Berenstain Bears were still around in 2007. ;-)

Richie A.

(apparently my earlier comment never posted...)

I think the cartoon signs vanished for the 2000 season or shortly before. Unfortunately the best-indexed part of my image collection starts with the 2000 season...

But when did those signs first appear? Am I the only one here* who remembers the freckle-faced kid with the pink "C P" shirt who stood on a tree stump at the entrance to each ride, with his arm outstretched at 48"? When did he go away?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

* Well, other than Pete, anyway... 8-)

Last edited by RideMan,

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

The "You Must Be This Tall" boy is replaced by individual character signs created by Debbie Klonk, an employee of the Cedar Point's Planning and Design department. There were initially five signs on display.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service