? Winter Chill Out -Feb 25, 2017

Entering the park, the Magnum On-Ride-Photo booth will be on the left and the ticket booth on the right.

Captain Hawkeye said:

...The cruise/excursion was replaced with STR...

Considering Paddlewheel and STR overlapped for two seasons, I don't think it replaced paddlewheel...

Last edited by samosuband,

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Paddlewheel's last season was 2011. It was removed to put in a bridge across the lagoon to access Dinosaurs Alive on Millennium Island

Umm, The cruise/excursion was replaced with STR--which was NOT "something good." And this comes from a big time supporter of water rides.

Sorry. I take a broader view and don't make a direct connection between attraction A being removed and attraction B being added. The second STR didn't work out and Cedar Fair removed it.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Did they happen to say when Coastermania tickets go on sale? Thought I had heard the 9th originally but thought maybe there was an update at WCO.

I was wondering that too... Hadn't heard any date though. Last year they went on sale around the end of March.

ROUNDABOUND.

noggin said:

Umm, The cruise/excursion was replaced with STR--which was NOT "something good." And this comes from a big time supporter of water rides.

Sorry. I take a broader view and don't make a direct connection between attraction A being removed and attraction B being added. The second STR didn't work out and Cedar Fair removed it.

STR operated for a year alongside PWE. PWE was removed for Dinosaurs Alive. STR's supports seemed to be designed to keep the river clear, in fact.

They said March 9th at WCO

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^ For what?

CoasterMania tickets go on sale.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

They are gonna go on sale in 5 days and they have made no public announcement? Must be their new Mean Streak marketing plan spilling over to other areas...

Did they say they would go on sale 3/9 or details would be available 3/9? That would fall in line with last year, when tickets went on sale around the end of the month.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

I'm pretty sure they said they would go on sale March 9th, but maybe I heard wrong. I would be fine if they didn't go on sale that day. It would give me a chance to save up more money.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Yeah I remember it being March 6 for Ride Warriors and then 3 days later for Coastermania (so you could join Ride Warriors to get access to buy Coastermania tix) in case you didn't already belong to a coaster club.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

The Ride Warriors website says tickets will be available starting March 9.

Chris49 said:

During Winter Chill Out I hope you guys can learn what the path will be from Lighthouse Point to the Magnum Gate. As in, along the road to Breakers, or a cut through the Cedar Point Shores parking lot. Trusting we won't have to deal with dodging traffic.

Chris

So, was anything shown or told about the route from Lighthouse Point into the park? Can't use the shuttle every time. Still time in the (far) future for a new Mean Streak gate.

Chris

Haven't heard anything, but you should watch the new animation video of Cedar Point Shores that they put out on YouTube, and (you will kind of get an idea). Also, why can't you use the shuttle every time? Just curious. I use it all the time when I stay on point.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

We always use the shuttle to/from the front of the park or the marina gate. But from the Magnum gate just seems silly. And if we're at Windseeker, we walk up the beach. Plus I HATE the long walk from Maverick's area to the Magnum gate, then to Lighthouse Point. But now that I'm facing a knee replacement this Fall, it just might mean shuttle somehow.

With the cartilage loss I've experienced I'm having to use a cane sometimes for support and I'm curious if anyone else has experience with the concern of where to be leaving my cane while on the coasters.

Chris

I would image the will handle a cane like they do wheelchairs, which means they put it somewhere in the station while you are riding.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Chris49 said:
We always use the shuttle to/from the front of the park or the marina gate. But from the Magnum gate just seems silly. And if we're at Windseeker, we walk up the beach. Plus I HATE the long walk from Maverick's area to the Magnum gate, then to Lighthouse Point. But now that I'm facing a knee replacement this Fall, it just might mean shuttle somehow.

With the cartilage loss I've experienced I'm having to use a cane sometimes for support and I'm curious if anyone else has experience with the concern of where to be leaving my cane while on the coasters.

Chris

I thumbed through my copy of last years Guest Assistance Guide and didn't readily see canes mentioned. I have seen some on crutches use the regular que and the ops just store them however that could be more complicated with rides such as TDD and MF due to separate unload stations. You may need to obtain a Boarding Pass from Guest Services to use the Alternative Access entrances on those rides and it may be best to get one and have it handy for all rides. Just check with Guest Services on how they want you to handle it. Build in some extra time especially at the start of the season because at KI last weekend there were only one or two GS Associates certified to issue Boarding Passes so it took a few more minutes to wait.

Keep in mind there is a mini-Guest Services at the Town Hall Museum that you can use as well however they may not always open for ERT. We ran into that at MS Last Rites, not sure they ever opened that night.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I had a walking boot for a time last year, and on every ride you couldn't wear them (including TTD because it wouldn't fit), they just took it and put it somewhere in the station. On Dragster, they just took it towards the exit platform.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service