Do you think Magnum is a great roller coaster?

It was the first hyper coaster that started the coaster wars. Do you include it in your Cedar Point trip roller coaster initinary?

Yes. Its my personal favorite in the park. Especially at night when the Cedar Point Shores lights are off in the fall.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Third row and seventh rows are my favorites.
Ask the ride ops about their favorite seats while waiting in line. They're very knowledgeable about the rides they work.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I've only ridden Magnum once (nearly three years ago), and I enjoyed it. I don't get why so many people have a problem with it.

Absolutely, I do! It's a must ride for me!

First ride every visit. Last ride every season.

It's my personal favorite because I worked there for three summers and the ride I go to most because 1) I love it, 2) it is beautiful), and 3) it usually has a much shorter line than anything else I'd rather ride even close to as much.

My favorite seat these days is the second row of the back car (6-2).

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

I still ride Magnum, think it's a good roller coaster, but it's not my favorite. I don't like the bunny hops on the second half of the ride.

Magnum is definitely historically significant. But since my time to ride big-boy coasters is so limited (hoping my son might start to step up past Iron Dragon this year), it's not real high on my priority list. There are other coasters at CP that I would rather ride and re-ride.

ROUNDABOUND.

I absolutely LOVE this ride. Any seat in the back car is my favorite.

Smiley5129 said:
I still ride Magnum, think it's a good roller coaster, but it's not my favorite. I don't like the bunny hops on the second half of the ride.

I still ride Magnum, think it's a great roller coaster, in fact it's my favorite. I particularly like the bunny hops on the second half of the ride.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I think it got a bit oversold for me and it just didn't live up to life changing experience I was told it was going to be... So while I wouldn't put it as 'great' I think it's a good ride, and I ride it at least once a trip... I'm with the people that think the bunny hops are the best part, really enjoy that last bit...

It's a must do for me every visit. I absolutely love that ride.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I have been to Cedar Point many, many times. There are rides that I'm willing to pass on since I've ridden them so often (CCMR, Wicked Twister, Gemini).

But there are rides that are must-do rides each trip. Blue Streak. The train. Raptor.

And Magnum. Cresting the lift hill, on a warm summer night, under a star filled sky, as Lake Erie laps at the shore ... that is a moment of sheer perfection. And it's a damn fine ride for every inch of the track.

Also,I need to have chili cheese fries on each trip.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Love Magnum, my favorite ride in the park and a great roller coaster, love the bunny hops.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Magnum is one of the defining coasters of Cedar Point, and one I have the most memories attached to. It's among my favorites in the park, and taking a lap makes each visit feel complete.

Magnum is a must. It's still up there as one of my absolute favorites. Verbolten stole that a few years ago for me..That drop track is one of the most impressive additions to a ride to date IMO.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Been my personal favorite since it opened. Almost always the first ride of the day and last ride of the night.

It's an every trip, once or twice, maybe three times ride for me.

It might give the best night rides in the park due to the location and how dark it is by the lake.

I love it and a trip to Cedar Point wouldn't be complete without it.

IMO Magnum > Millennium Force.

Magnum has more airtime, shorter waits, and has the best sounding lift in the park.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service