Instead of Eating at Emp Cafe

I have a season pass, with the all season meal pass and drink pass. Since I am there everyday, able to get two free meals a day, and get a drink as well.

Pays off after 3 days of the start of your season.Everyday you can go somewhere different, one day go to Coasters, next day go to CJ'S etc.

Last edited by MikeNIke,

Cookies and fudge for lunch? Sounds awesome.
It also sounds like you should watch your dietary choices. I know the Emp Cafe isn't the greatest, but then again, CP counter service isn't either.
Don't they charge you, or dock your paycheck for meals anyway?

No, you just pay for the food you want in the cafe, albeit park food heavily discounted. Sometimes you may get some special things such as brauts + saurkraut, but it's generally just park service food with a few extras.

I always thought about this as an employee eating inside the actual park. I don't think anyone would frown on it, and plenty of times after work I'd change clothes & eat somewhere in the park for dinner before heading home. You can't be that employee that just shuts down on your break too. I could see this happening outside Panda Express...

"Excuse me, excuse me, you work here right!? how do I get to Magnum Force??"

Plus for one thing on your break I know that if you were in the public like this, sitting there maybe having your cell phone out too may look bad. Lastly, that one guest may think you're getting free food and complain.

What I'd say, maybe do lunches and stuff on the clock / uniform either pack or buy stuff at the cafe. However, days off, or if you're only working like an O-6 or something, use that for dinner, it's def a way to save money considering now you are reducing your food costs all year to an extent vs. paying for 2-3 meals each day for each pay period. Smart investment there if you ask me.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Technically if you're an associate of the park, you should not have a platinum pass, although it does happen. I know of people who did that last season, and depending on the location, sometimes it was accepted, other times it was highly frowned upon. We also were not allowed to use the season long drink cup while in uniform either.

As thedevariouseffect suggested above, there's a lot of things to consider. The time you're allotted for break. You'll have a very limited amount of time for break, and I don't think you'll want to spend that waiting in line for food, as the lines in the Best Day Bistro and Stockade move fairly quick. Next thing to keep in mind is that we're not allowed to be seen eating in uniform, yes you read that right, once you got your food, you'd have to take it to a break area to eat. Cell phones also aren't allowed to be used in guest view.

Personally, when I go on break, I prefer to get my food as quick as possible, and sit down and relax for as long as possible.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service