Who's going to CoasterMania! ?

Details were released today, and tickets go on sale 10am on Thursday 3/9... I can't wait! I've been looking forward to this since CoasterMania! 2016 ended! So who else is going?

www.cedarpoint.com/events

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

As long as I remember to buy tickets....wouldn't miss it.

Ill be missing this year. Got a niece getting married that weekend so family first.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Wouldn't miss it for the world. And as long as they continue to do it, I'll always be there with another Film Festival short. I have way too much fun making those.....even if I don't win. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Lemon Chill Guy was pretty funny (that was you, wasn't it?). I brought a buddy last year who isn't a coaster enthusiast (but he did admit afterward that "gets it", but the hobby would never fly with his wife) and after I explained the Lemon Chill Guy he said it was really well done. Did you do the Saw/Mean Streak video with Snoopy as Jigsaw (which was friggin hilarious)? We found that on YouTube...

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

TTD 120mph said:

...I'll always be there with another Film Festival short...

;)

Best of luck this year, your quality has skyrocketed over the years, and so has it's entertainment value. Also I may have a new drone and SLR in the works soon if you want two more angles for shots :P

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Can't wait. It's on my birthday this year!

Shane Denmark said:
Lemon Chill Guy was pretty funny (that was you, wasn't it?). I brought a buddy last year who isn't a coaster enthusiast (but he did admit afterward that "gets it", but the hobby would never fly with his wife) and after I explained the Lemon Chill Guy he said it was really well done. Did you do the Saw/Mean Streak video with Snoopy as Jigsaw (which was friggin hilarious)? We found that on YouTube...

Yes, I did Lemon Chill Guy and the Saw parody. I had an idea recently for another parody style skit. But I'm worried, much like last year's skit, only a select few will "get it". So, I decided on another idea that's more straightforward and one I hope will get some yuks.

TTD 120mph said:
Yes, I did Lemon Chill Guy and the Saw parody. I had an idea recently for another parody style skit. But I'm worried, much like last year's skit, only a select few will "get it". So, I decided on another idea that's more straightforward and one I hope will get some yuks.

Now I'm curious about the abandoned idea... Maybe submit both? How great would it be if you went up against yourself in the finals?

I wonder how many submissions they get for these contests?

ROUNDABOUND.

I wouldn't do something like that. Only one submission from me. I won't tell you the idea I just recently decided not to do because I may do it down the road......just for fun. However, I can tell you about one abandoned idea I had considered last year.

It involved a man feeding a bunch of seagulls on the beach by Magnum. One of the guys' friend walks up and tells him not to feed the birds (since they're soo dang big already) and rudely chases the birds away. Well, one of the birds is actually a man in a seagull costume. After being treated very rudely, it follows the group of friends back to their cabin to exact his revenge. After taking out 2 of the friends (via some horror cliche style scenes), he confronts the original man from the beginning. The man thinks he is about to be "killed" when the seagull guy grabs the food that was in the guy's pocket and eats it. I just imagine a man, ever so slightly, lifting up the seagull head mask and eating whatever it was the man was feeding the birds.

Of course, it wasn't feasible given the 3 min time constraint. Nor was it worth doing since a good seagull costume would have been $500+. :)

cp kid said:

Can't wait. It's on my birthday this year!

Mine too! ;)

got my ticket !

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Tickets purchased for my group of 8!

Just got my ticket and booked my room at Express. I liked Sandcastle last year, but I want to stay in a newly renovated hotel.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

We got our tickets! Staying at Sandcastle again. We had talked about Breakers, then Express, but Sandcastle was just fine last year. And the price is definitely right. And so the countdown begins!

ROUNDABOUND.

Thabto said:
Just got my ticket and booked my room at Express. I liked Sandcastle last year, but I want to stay in a newly renovated hotel.

Sandcastle should be renamed SAD-castle, until they do something to fix the smell, bugs, dirt, rickety wooden stair ( stairwell closest to Breakwater Cafe)... etc

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Just got my ticket.

Looks like Express is already booked full. Glad I jumped on it right away this year.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Just bought my ticket for my first ever coastermania

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Express is still available. I booked my room earlier today. Rooms must be getting low on Friday night though, as connecting rooms are no longer available.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service