Who are the riders with papers in hand that cut to front of the line?

I am sure this has been asked before but I did a search and could not find the topic. I am just curious and have seen a particular women at least 4 times now do this on Maverick. I visited the park only 10 times this summer mostly on the weekend and the fact I can recognize a person must mean she does this all the time.

Probably Plinko winners.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Parent swap riders.

Tweet-up winners also could be included in that group.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Could be a disability issue also. You can get some paperwork at the front gate. Not sure if proof of disability is required. They then go to the ride entrance. If the wait is currently an hour, they mark the paper with the time to come back to the exit and get on immediately. I know someone that uses that because she can't do a lot of walking and is unable to do stairs. So they are doing the actual wait. But I guess there is the potential to squeeze in another ride on a less popular attraction while waiting.

Could also be people that got stuck on a ride that went down.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

It definitely isn't people that know ride-ops and get exit passes from friends.

Was it a green piece of paper? I saw that at KI yesterday, but it was on Eiffel Tower. It was a youngish, single man with a guy from the park. The customer had a Cleveland Indians shirt on (a nice one), and it made me think for some reason he might've been a VIP or something. He didn't have to wait to ride.

Most likely parent swap I'd say.

I am sick with Epilepsy. I can't wait in the Sun. I get a POLICY BOOKLET, and I can have 3 people + Me.

Disability passes! I have a friend who's daughter is autistic and has a very short attention span and will literally flip out, if she has to wait in long lines! So they give paperwork to guest services, proving the disability and they can walk up the exit! That person and your group. With the pass you can only board all the rollercoasters 1 time and can't reboard the same rollercoaster till after 2 hrs! Essentually giving these people free fast passes!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

Most likely Plinko winners, but also VIP Tour, disability, Parent Swap, etc.

MillieMikeCP said:

Disability passes! ...in long lines! ...walk up the exit! .... till after 2 hrs! ...free fast passes!

Just curious -- why so many exclamation points?

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Wait. This is breaking news to me. I haven't gone since Gatekeepers opening. I caught the liver cirrhosis. I am still good to ride, but standing for more than 15 minutes gets very uncomfortable. I'm not looking for a way to not stand in line as I have all needed info plus the yellow eyes to prove it. Just really wanting to ride before the end of the season.

You need to go to Guest Services just inside the front gate.

MillieMikeCP said:

Disability passes! I have a friend who's daughter is autistic and has a very short attention span and will literally flip out, if she has to wait in long lines! So they give paperwork to guest services, proving the disability and they can walk up the exit! That person and your group. With the pass you can only board all the rollercoasters 1 time and can't reboard the same rollercoaster till after 2 hrs! Essentually giving these people free fast passes!

They aren't essentially free fast passes. My neighbor has a disability and is unable to stand in lines for long periods of time. She gets the needed paperwork from guest services, goes to the ride she wants to ride, they write on her paper a time to come back, which equals in length the time that those in line are waiting. She goes back at the assigned time, and she is able to go to the handicapped entrance to board the ride. You still have to wait, and you aren't cutting in line.

Autistic passes historically have worked differently than normal boarding passes. In the 2011 season, the autistic passes allowed immediate and unlimited boarding (although no two rides consecutively. At that time autistic passes only allowed one riding companion instead of three.) Since then, it seems like Cedar Fair has changed the rules on Autistic passes every year.

Currently, according to Cedar Points website, the autistic passes seem to work like normal disability passes, which I believe is the most fair and least abusable system.

I am autistic but never looked into getting these passes. I've waited in lines for years, and really see no reason to start using these passes now. I do get impatient and antsy at times, but I can handle it. The execution of the system sounds really nice. It's not something that you can really abuse or take advantage of. If you went to Maverick and there was about an hour wait, you could just go across the midway and catch a performance of Lusty Lil.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm sure for families with a child on the more severe end of the spectrum the passes are very appreciated and may be the only way they can enjoy doing things together at the park without a meltdown. True meltdowns in people with autism are not pretty and I'm perfectly happy to let someone go ahead with their child, or adult child, if it prevents one and gives them a good day at the park.

Like Thabto, I'm on the autism spectrum but can wait on line. I just avoid lines that have too long of a wait time. As Paisley notes, passes for families who have a child or adult child with autism are a blessing.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service