Halloweekends Updates

Does anybody know when CP might release details for this year's halloweekends? Looking forward to planning my annual trip! I'm wondering if they may have any new haunts in store for their 20th year. What do you all expect to see this year?

Last edited by coasterpenguin3,

Jason posted a picture on Twitter a little while ago that seems to hint toward something along the lines of the Trick or Treat haunted house at Knotts. I'm surprised there hasn't been any announcements so far, especially because it's the 20th year. I'm expecting significant additions to Halloweekends and I wouldn't be surprised if they added more than 1 haunted house this year and replaced a scare zone (*cough cough* Fear-y tales).

Right, I was expecting something big for the 20th year! Hopefully there will be some additions or updates. I'd love to see some added houses or scare zones to spread the crowds out a bit more. And yes, replacing Fear-y tales would be a great move. I just find it odd that they've already made future announcements for 2017 and beyond without even mentioning Halloweekends yet!

coasterpenguin3 said:

Right, I was expecting something big for the 20th year! Hopefully there will be some additions or updates. I'd love to see some added houses or scare zones to spread the crowds out a bit more. And yes, replacing Fear-y tales would be a great move. I just find it odd that they've already made future announcements for 2017 and beyond without even mentioning Halloweekends yet!

Knotts is making their announcement on the 25th, so I'm guessing Cedar Point will announce their plans around that time too. I was thinking maybe because it's the 20th year, they're trying to keep everything as secretive as possible because they may be planning something huge.

I think people overestimate anniversaries. The anniversary itself is an attraction, so big investments are better made on non-anniversary seasons.

You may be right, but I do find it strange that there's practically no advertising for it yet, being that it is a big anniversary. I'm sure their focus has been on recent announcements, but halloweekends is such a busy time of year for the park.

If it's already busy, how much advertising do they need?

^ Is that kinda like "Nobody goes there, it's too crowded"?

ROUNDABOUND.

After 19 years everyone knows about them. :)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Halloweekends is one of my favorite times to visit the park, so I'm just eager to hear what will be at this year's. Last year's haunts were great so I'm excited to see what's in store this season! I'm not so much bummed about the lack of advertising for the event as I am about the website not being up yet and no plans being announced. I'm curious to see if it will be any different from last year!

I was just thinking the same thing this morning! Halloweekends is my favorite time of the year to go to the Point. Hoping for something big for the 20th anniver-scary!

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

So far the only new thing semi-confirmed for 2016 is Blood Drums, although it is unclear where in the park they might perform.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I find it suspicious that 5 of the Haunted Houses have something up around them...Hexed signage is up, Zombie High School bus is out, Slaughter House entrance is up, Eternity Infirmary entrance and signage is up, Eden Musee sign is up....however, as of yesterday (8/21) nothing was up for Boekling's Eerie Estate...hmmmmmm.....re-theme maybe???

Last edited by Mary Jo,

Isn't Eerie Estate the oldest of the indoor haunts? Already being a house-like haunt the change over to something like Trick or Treat wouldn't be that much of a stretch and they would still be able to offer Boekling's Banquet (with a new name perhaps) in the dining room of the "new" house.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

The sign at cedar point also says 6 outdoor scare zones, 6 indoor haunted houses. So this basically confirms that there won't be a brand new haunted house being built or a new scare zone being created. The only thing they'll be doing is retheming a haunted house and/or scarezone. Hopefully if Eerie Estate is replaced, it's much better because Eerie Estate imo is one of the best haunted houses at the park.

Also, the sign said something about six new skeleton key rooms. Does this mean each house will have two of these rooms now, or are they just being replaced? Also, does anyone know if fright lane passes ran out last year on Saturdays?

Seems like the Eerie Estate re-theme is the most likely thing to happen. Hopefully they can also fix the problems with Fear-y Tales this year. New buildings were constructed the last 2 years for indoor haunts, so it makes sense to not build another just yet.

It also makes sense to have all the skeleton key rooms be "new" each year if possible. That encourages repeat business by those who have purchased them in the past.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Didn't the Skeleton Key room in Hexed become part of the regular maze recently? Would this mean that the room gets separated out again?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

It could be that. Now that it seems there won't be entirely new scare zones or haunted houses, I feel as if Cedar Point is focusing on making the zones and houses more intense and exciting. Off the topic of the haunted houses, I really wish Cedar Point would bring back a Trio of Terror. That was one of the best shows at Halloweekends had.

My wife and I were just talking about how much we miss the Trio of Terror stories when we were talking about our Halloweekends trip for this year.

The Skeleton Key rooms being all-new this year make me far more likely to pony up the cash for Fright Lane.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service