Ride Warriors Club Initial thoughts?

RWC is a cool idea, but out of my price range. I'm more than happy with Platinum ERT's and a GOCC membership.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Like Thabto, I will stay with Platinum ERT's and GOCC membership. Since I am retired, I always go on weekdays. Starting the rides at 8:00 is just an extra hour before the Platinum passes and resort guests get in. I wonder how much actual riding you could do in that first hour. Lets say 500 RWC (not an unreasonable number if they sign up 1000) members show up for whatever particular ride there is for that day. They are all going to be on the same ride. The other stuff doesn't interest me too much. I am there to ride so I think I will pass on it this year.

Reading further into the details, I personally don't think it's worth it. The behind the scenes tours seem cool, but thanks to Dinosaurs Alive! and the haunted walk through by Maverick (i forget the name) i have all the behind the scenes pictures I want :). Really cool concept for CP to expand upon though! Maybe it'll be worth a look in the future, but until then, GOCC memebership and Platinum Pass is the way for me!

I see this more for the family that wants to do more than just ride. Not the enthusiast that has already done everything. Remember, we're not the center of their universe. :P

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I think the RWC is pretty cool from what I read today. I personally like what all they have put together for this plus they will add more as the season goes as well. I went ahead and signed both my wife and I up for it. I figure why not?

Now Im really looking forward to doing the Sunrise Thrills this summer.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I think it's a pretty good idea. People always want "exclusive" time/events in the park, and that's what they'll get if they're willing to spend the money for it. I'm anxious to see the Coastermania price point, and also how quickly it sells out.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I thought I saw that Coastermania was going to be around $30. With that price point, I would be surprised if it didn't sell out. Im really wondering if RWC will see 1000 members this year.

Steve Shives

^ Yep Tony said CoasterMania! Will be "around" $30. Now when will tickets go on sale?

Anyone ever been to CoasterStock at Kings Island? That seems to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff, which I would love. I think CP could incorporate some of that into CoasterMania! I think a tour of the CPLE train shed would be neat.

ROUNDABOUND.

The Train Shed is awesome! It was part of Winter Chill Out which was an amazing behind the scenes tour in February and just happened to be 60 degrees out that day!! That was $50 and all for charity!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

My initial thought is that it's a lame idea. But then I thought, "I bet it sells out quick". So truthfully, my original opinion doesn't matter because that's an easy $120,000 for the park.

I'm with those who are willing to give it a shot. I'm looking forward to the on-ride video opportunities, along with having four scheduled tours and four ERT times along with CoasterMania. If the average ACE or GOCC club event includes a tour/lunch and ERT and typically costs around $20-30 per person with a season pass, it's not far out of line with having four of those events, with more of a spread out itinerary throughout the summer. The 4 Fast Lane vouchers will come in handy on crowded days I expect too and there's a little bonus "walkback" ride after the Millennium tour. It sounds like something I'll enjoy.

-Tyler A-

I look at it as Cedar Point trying to squeeze some money out of the regular diehards that are there everyday that don't spend any money other than what they paid for their passes and dining plans. They will just jump all over this just to say they are a part of the inaugural club. I can see the t-shirts already!

We live 3 1/2 hours away so this isnt for us. Maybe if we were within an hour we would give it a try.

We are wanting to try the sunrise thrills thing or whatever its called. I just dont see them allowing people to walk at the top of Valravn with how strict their safety policies are.

Last edited by JW Addington,

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I think some of the benefits look pretty cool, but being that most of them are scheduled for certain days (not available whenever you go) and I am four hours away, I am not going to join. If I lived in Cleveland or Toledo, I might feel differently.

-Matt

Well, since I have my rowboat in the marina. I am going to join. Being a early riser and the free (for the price of the club) coffee and donuts, I will give it a try. Breakfast at the marina store is just as expensive as the club. I don't think I will take off work for the weekday video shots. I'll keep you posted on my experiences.

Yeah, it looks good to me. I'm most likely joining and my dock neighbors said they would join also. I think the holiday event in December will be fun.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Anyone know if the club is already sold out? I wanted to buy my membership just now and the page says no packages found.

Pete, I just tried it and it worked. Are you on a mobile device or computer?

Steve Shives

Mobile.

I dont think it works on a mobile platform. Need to do it through a computer.

Steve Shives

That would be about par for the course for a Cedar Point web platform...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service