Hiring Process

So I applied to work hotel front desk and got an email from Paul and had the phone interview and the Skype interview yesterday. I thought it went pretty well and then he said he would send it over to the supervisor and I should get a call and if I don't they will go to my next job choice. I checked jobnet and saw that Katherine Brisson reviewed my application after my Skype interview but I haven't got a call yet. I know it's only been one day but I'm scared I didn't get the job because I didn't get offered it during the Skype interview? Anyone help?

Take a moment and relax. It is the weekend so many people are not working. Everyone is extremely busy this time of year. It's very possible they just didn't have time to call you on Friday.

Katy Brisson is one of the Rides managers. It may not be the accommodations position you are looking for but I know from first hand experience that ride operations can be some of the most fun, rewarding places to work in the park.

Give it a few days to see if you get a call back.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

It's now Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from anyone. I emailed them both and thanked them and nothing back. I'm just worried because if they don't want to hire me then I want to change my job preferences and get hired but I don't know how long to wait

Patience is key here. All departments are very busy hiring their staffing for the season, and it is still early in the process. I'm also not sure if you can change your job preferences at this point in time, seeing as though your application has passed from your first job choice to, I'm assuming, your second. Someone with more knowledge in that regard, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, take a deep breath and relax. It's only been a few days, and those folks are working through the process of hiring thousands of people.

Consider yourself lucky :-) When I applied for a job at Cedar Point, there was no public Internet. You had to call the park to learn the schedule of colleges and universities they'd be recruiting at, then go there on that day and fill out an application by hand. Thank you letters had to be printed out, signed, put in an envelope and dropped in a Post Office box. You darn kids these days, you got it easy, now get off my lawn!

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

No it hasn't moved to my second job preference it's still on my first which is the one I'm waiting to hear back from. I hope to hear from them soon

Did you ever end up hearing back from them? I'm in the same boat.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service